rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Wasps woe
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:49
Their forum is in meltdown after today's defeat. Naturally the referee was to blame, injuries have decimated their squad, back up players aren't good enough, all of a sudden Jimmy Gopperth is clueless, plus dozens of other moans and gripes. I am sure they will throw yet more money at 'the project'. Let's hope that when they do, they look elsewhere than us this time. Just pleased that we have so many of our promising young players on long term contracts now.

Re: Wasps woe
01 October, 2017 18:05
they do have a long injury list. Imho the new law amendments have speeded up the game and injuries have risen. They looked rudderless without Chips. Gopperth is a great goal kicker, a useful ic and a poor-ish 10.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

clutch (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:17
Yeah. It is fairly simple. No Cips means the backs don't click. He's as good as they get ball in hand. Thought the officials were poor to be honest.

01 October, 2017 18:31
They were in the Cheetahs game yesterday. Malouf should have been red carded for two yellows.

thekeg (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:32
Didn't see the game but they certainly missed cipriani last week. I must admit I'm really enjoying their dip in form....

HaleShark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:40
Agree Keg, it's making the premiership interesting. They've got Sarries away next week, just about the hardest place to go on the back of a run of losses. They might have a long injury list, but they've got a big squad so I've not got too much sympathy.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:13
Although Dai was bemoaning just this week that they've had to trim the squad gradually from 45 to 40, in order to keep paying the wages for the stars.

It's an aggressive business model they have and that entails compromises at some stage.

Osshark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:18
Long may it continue. Im loving it smiling smiley

LJK (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:21
Well I for one feel very pleased that with more or less a quarter of the season gone, Sale sit above Wasps and the others in the table. I know that they will surely improve again and finish much higher up, but it shows that the Premiership can still be unpredictable. The pundits had Sarries and Wasps as the top two and maybe that will prove to be the final situation, but now it is good to see Falcons and Saints up there (especially after some wrote off Saints after their first game v Sarries.
If Sale can sneak a win at Quins next week, who also don't appear to be performing as they were expected to, then we could go into the Euro. competition period in the top half of the AP table.
After the home game v Falcons disaster, I never thought that would be a possibility!.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:40
I try not to enjoy the misfortune of others, however, it can be quite easily circumvented when the circumstances allow

Congratulations to Bath for their win over Wasps today - its made me really, really happy that you managed to score 25 points at the Ricoh today.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:11
The table is a strange animal right now. Many team will plead injury crisis and some of it may be true.

Nonetheless, some shape is coming into it.

I think its interesting to look at the points scored vs points conceded differential.If you take it as gospel, you'd say Saints and Falcons may not hold on the the top 2 and that Sarries and Exeter will supercede them. That seems quite plausible to me.

It also suggests that the current bottom 3 is fair enough. Unless Hougaard can engineer a big turnaround for Worcs, they along with Irish and possibly Gloucs look set for bottom spots.

After Friday, our points difference really sets us apart from the other mid table contenders.

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 21:45
A win against Quins on Friday and assuming Sarries beat Wasps, would put some clear water between us and the bottom 5 for the LV and Euro break.

dandan2 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 08:12
We should go to Quinn's with some confidence, and give it a real good go, not just playing for a loosing bonus point, but attack the game and get the win , then go hunting the four try bonus.

We have the players with the skills. Let them play.

Come on Sale!!!

MartWhit (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 09:24
we should be looking to give Quins one in the eye.

02 October, 2017 09:35
Quote:
MartWhit

.... unless they get their retaliation in first.

clutch (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 12:28
I'd take 3 nil, though with the cameras around would be nice if we can play some good stuff.

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 14:47
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
Quote:
MartWhit

.... unless they get their retaliation in first.
Well, as Ray Gravell said "Get your first tackle in early, even if it's late!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net