rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Injury crises
MartWhit (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 07:16
Amidst the furore around the league, with this weeks opponents potentially fielding a combined side including London Irish players and most or the A league being cancelled, it has slipped under the radar how remarkably relatively unscathed we are at present. We are aware only of medium term injuries to Leota and Addison and a short term one to T Curry.

This could be simply good fortune. I deny any allegation of tempting fate.

It seems most likely that once again our conditioning and medical staff have done an amazing job. We’ve seen it in the past already, where our small squad has stayed intact despite arguably overplaying some individuals. And the good work seems to be continuing. Well done to all concerned.

Re: Injury crises
Olyy (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:09
Certainly puts in to perspective our injury woes of losing Addison and leota at the same time!

I want to know what they're feeding Ross Harrison, he plays 70/80mins of nearly every game in a very rough position, has a huge work rate, yet I can't remember him ever being out injured.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:19
please see earlier incarnation, known as Vadim Cobilas.

There's some hardy props out there.

I do wish we'd give him some more competition/relief though.

Crutch (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 10:41
Certainly impressive but I remember Vad at the back end of one season where he was clearly dead on his feet over the last 4 or 5 games and our results suffered for it.

We really need to get Flynn on the pitch where possible, both for his own development, and so we don't run Ross into the ground.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 11:30
or we could just get a 3rd loose head, like every other club.

Crutch (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 11:31
Well yes, that would also be good, but was basing it on current options. I wonder if Pope will be involved at all in the LV games.

clutch (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 11:38
Harrison is better conditioned that Vad I would imagine. Flynn, to be fair has been getting time the last few games, so at least Ross is getting some respite.

thekeg (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 12:28
You'd hope we can completely remove Harrison from the LV games and also start Flynn in at least some euro games.if he's not starting in those you start to wonder what the future is for him....

MartWhit (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:51
on the subject of centres and our mini crisis there:

What on earth has happened to Sam Hill and Olly Devoto?

Are they also injured? or just not selected for Exeter?
I'd happily have either on a short term lease.

06 October, 2017 08:54
There's a bit in their local paper online (Sm6)

[www.devonlive.com]

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net