rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Josh Beaumont
Shep23 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:34
Judging from Josh Beaumonts Instagram story, it looks like he is currently in Hospital recovering from some form of surgery.

I haven't seen/heard anything from the club but that's to be expected with our strange system of not revealing a clear and updated injury list.

If Josh is out for the next few weeks/months, we look dangerously bare at lock. Evans is quality but has concussion issues, Oristikov would step into the starting shirt with Nott onto the bench?

I worry that Evans/Oristikov/Nott is a threadbare set of choices, not even factoring in that none of the 3 are the biggest of locks.

If there was ever a time to spend this new found cash to ensure that we can push on for before the Xmas period, then it's now. We should be searching high and low for probably a couple of locks.

Mostert?
Chuck a load of cash at Eztebeth for 3 months?
Any New Zealander's not getting a look in at home?
Steve Mafi?

Please just strengthen the engine room somehow

Re: Josh Beaumont
Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:48
All the best to Josh in his recovery

We best wrap Evans in an awful lot of cotton wool!

2007dwain (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 14:06
Ye during the game on Friday night judging from his face when coming off it didn't look great.
Unfortunately we have to deal with Leicester when bringing a top class lock as they too have abit of a injury problem in that position.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 14:12 by 2007dwain.

Prop at Work (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 14:44
Best wishes Josh.

There's a big lad playing for the 1st XV down at Stockport Rugby Club who seems to know what he's doing. Not exactly what you'd call a youngster though! (Sm100)

Deano, Deano, Deano.

45jumper (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:23
Dimes has said there's space in the budget for a few more players and mentioned a while ago that we were looking in the Southern Hemisphere for a prop and a lock. Strangely, nothing has happened in this area and the Fijian winger we're signing seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth! (Sm164)

Tigger (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:59
Quote:
Prop at Work
Best wishes Josh.

There's a big lad playing for the 1st XV down at Stockport Rugby Club who seems to know what he's doing. Not exactly what you'd call a youngster though! (Sm100)

Deano, Deano, Deano.

PAW...thought you were volunteering there....winking smiley

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

EdinburghShark (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 18:21
SS have Matt Postlethwaite out on dual-registration with Fylde - he may well be called up to train with the first team squad as cover. He's young (20/21 I think), and quite highly thought of, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we opt to not sign anyone on a short-term deal.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 04:14
Quote:
Shep23
Judging from Josh Beaumonts Instagram story, it looks like he is currently in Hospital recovering from some form of surgery.
I haven't seen/heard anything from the club but that's to be expected with our strange system of not revealing a clear and updated injury list.

If Josh is out for the next few weeks/months, we look dangerously bare at lock. Evans is quality but has concussion issues, Oristikov would step into the starting shirt with Nott onto the bench?

I worry that Evans/Oristikov/Nott is a threadbare set of choices, not even factoring in that none of the 3 are the biggest of locks.

If there was ever a time to spend this new found cash to ensure that we can push on for before the Xmas period, then it's now. We should be searching high and low for probably a couple of locks.

Mostert?
Steve Mafi?

I'm a bit confused

The last post on his instagram seems to be 27 August???

Shep23 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:28
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
Quote:
Shep23

Mostert?
Steve Mafi?

I'm a bit confused

The last post on his instagram seems to be 27 August???

It was on his Instagram story which is essentially like Snapchat. The picture stays on for around 24 hours then disappears. Doesn't appear on the persons home page of pictures, just on an updating story reel at the top

Shep23 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:04
Out for 10 weeks with a torn bicep. So he will be back mid December?

Genuinely need a replacement asap

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:11
genuinely should have had a replacement in situ

Yareet (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:45
Quote:
Shep23

Sure I read somewhere that a medical joker only applies if the player is out for 12+ weeks

Shep23 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:04
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Shep23

Sure I read somewhere that a medical joker only applies if the player is out for 12+ weeks

Not even a medical joker then. Just a second row in general. Already light both in terms of numbers and size prior to Beaumonts injury, so it's almost a necessity that we get someone in

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:38
There's an interesting interview with Dimes on Facebook talking about us being after a 'world class' lock and centre.

AT LEAST IT WOULD BE INTERESTING IF THE LINK WASNT BROKEN. OF THE LAST 5 ARTICLES I'VE TRIED TO LINK TO THAT THE 3RD BROKEN ONE. AMATEURS.

10 October, 2017 13:42
Quote:
MartWhit
There's an interesting interview with Dimes on Facebook talking about us being after a 'world class' lock and centre.
AT LEAST IT WOULD BE INTERESTING IF THE LINK WASNT BROKEN. OF THE LAST 5 ARTICLES I'VE TRIED TO LINK TO THAT THE 3RD BROKEN ONE. AMATEURS.

The centre required suggests that either Leota or Addison won't be back.

It's a good job he was looking at that Fijian winger.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

23Shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:48
The injury dispensation doesn't even really apply to us considering we don't spend up to the cap.

iBozz (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 16:11
Auntie has just reported he’s out for three months.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

2007dwain (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 18:36
In audio interview where dimes talks about this he mentions he has Faf and JOC working with agents on finding a centre and lock in SA and/or Aus

emerging shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:22
So in that case which crystal ball gazer makes the decision?

Flumpty (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:32
Torn bicep - ouch. Not a nice injury.

There was talk of Peter Stringer having a torn bicep last season, but he seemed to return to play ridiculously quickly if it was torn.

Yareet (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:34
Quote:
emerging shark
Sure I read somewhere that a medical joker only applies if the player is out for 12+ weeks So in that case which crystal ball gazer makes the decision?

Quote:
Shep23

Shep I guess. 😄

Or the club’s medical team -see schedule 4.

[d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 21:49 by Yareet.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:00
Quote:
Flumpty
There was talk of Peter Stringer having a torn bicep last season, but he seemed to return to play ridiculously quickly if it was torn.

He did come back very quickly, I think we were in a bit of a bind IIRC. He didn't have his best game and struggled with distribution and Mrs. Stringer commented to someone (Northern Shark) on twitter to the effect of his not being fully recovered.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:42
Quote:
Pappje Shark
Quote:
Flumpty

He did come back very quickly, I think we were in a bit of a bind IIRC. He didn't have his best game and struggled with distribution and Mrs. Stringer commented to someone (Northern Shark) on twitter to the effect of his not being fully recovered.

I'm not surprised that he struggled with distribution - I've had a torn bicep and I was completely cabbaged for an extended period (granted, Strings was in (much) better condition than me beforehand, would have had a much more intense rehab programme than me and is a professional athlete), but even so, Strings coming back so quickly ......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net