rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Warburton Bridge
SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 13:01
The Warburton Bridge will be Toll-Free this Friday between 4:30pm and 7:30pm courtesy of the Sale Sharks.
The hope is that this will alleviate rush-hour congestion by the barriers being continuously lifted, meaning that the Friday night commute home will be swifter and travel will be smoother to the AJ Bell Stadium for Sale Sharks’ match against Toulouse in the European Challenge Cup.

Re: Warburton Bridge
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:14
Great initiative!

HaleShark (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:30
Nice thought. The toll bridge isn't much but a kind consideration non the less.

Shame I can't take advantage, I'm working sad smiley

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:54
Well done, Swanny and whoever.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:57
Good initiative, surprised not thought of before. If we assume that 200 cars use it each way, it will cost the club £50!

Crutch (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 17:03
Yes, it's the time saving rather than the cost saving that's the important factor - good move by the club.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 18:41
Quote:
emerging shark
Good initiative, surprised not thought of before. If we assume that 200 cars use it each way, it will cost the club £50!

Presumably the club have agreed to finance every car crossing the bridge between 4.30 and 7.30pm, rather than just those that may be going to the game. I would have thought that there would be more than 200 cars each way during that 3 hour window, particularly with it being Friday night rush hour? Even so, it is so cheap that even if the figure was 1000 cars each way, it is hardly going to bankrupt us!

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 18:49
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
emerging shark

Presumably the club have agreed to finance every car crossing the bridge between 4.30 and 7.30pm, rather than just those that may be going to the game. I would have thought that there would be more than 200 cars each way during that 3 hour window, particularly with it being Friday night rush hour? Even so, it is so cheap that even if the figure was 1000 cars each way, it is hardly going to bankrupt us!

I think that the point is to reduce the traffic buildup, which can be considerable, rather than to subsidise the fans journey, so many he cost is irrelevant....

A great initiative, thank-you

LJK (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 19:01
Thanks Swanny... to be fair the bridge hasn't been an issue of late possibly due the lower crowds coming to the game, but anything that speeds up the journey helps. The real issues occur at short notice when there are problems on the M6

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 10:49
Thanks go to the owners for organising this for you.

14 October, 2017 17:55
And it was free on the way home too Swanny! (Sm128)

Timpers (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 20:10
A good idea, and thanks to SS.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 12:26
Quote:
rolynhome2Chester-again!

It's always free on the way home. I think they stop taking tolls by 9/10 pm.

Great initiative though. Certainly worth making it a regular thing or at least until the road infrastructure is sorted near the stadium.

Tigger (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 13:20
Quote:
HaleShark
Quote:
rolynhome2Chester-again!

Great initiative though. Certainly worth making it a regular thing or at least until the road infrastructure is sorted near the stadium.

I thought there was a honesty box for when the toll booth was not manned...??

PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE POST IS ME POSTING AS A POSTER NOT A MODERATOR AND IT SHOULD NOT BE INFERRED THAT I AM TRYING TO IN ANY WAY MODERATE THIS THREAD WITH MY PERSONAL COMMENT.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 16:42
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
HaleShark
Quote:
rolynhome2Chester-again!

I thought there was a honesty box for when the toll booth was not manned...??

PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE POST IS ME POSTING AS A POSTER NOT A MODERATOR AND IT SHOULD NOT BE INFERRED THAT I AM TRYING TO IN ANY WAY MODERATE THIS THREAD WITH MY PERSONAL COMMENT.

I wouldn't have thought so. I'll slow down and take a look next time I traverse the bridge late at night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net