rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Team v Stade Toulouse 13/10/2017 20:00
12 October, 2017 11:56
[www.salesharks.com]

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2017 12:46 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

Re: JOC & Charnley start v RCT 13/10/2017 20:00
12 October, 2017 12:01
Harrison, Webber, Aulika,
Evans , Ostrikov
Neild, B Curry , Ross (C)

Faf, JOC, Charnley, Jennings, James, Solomona, Haley

Bench :- Jones, Flynn, John, Nott, Pearce, Seymour, Cliff , A Reed

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 12:13
Like the look of that

BTW - RCT is Toulon not Toulouse

MartWhit (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 12:20
Good moderate rotation.

Back row a little lightweight, puts a lot of pressure on the tight 5 to muscle up.

Should be even from the start. We need a lead, because their 1st XV is on the bench.

Looking forward to being there in person.

clutch (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 12:29
Not much rotation at all really. Means we are taking it seriously, but like in the Champions Cup, I worry about the impact this will have on the league. I suppose we have a bigger squad in some positions. TJ must be injured, as I would think he was a shoe in for a start.

Faf and JOC. Half exhilarating, half head in hands. Can't wait to watch it. Hope the weather is ok.

Olyy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 12:35
Aren't we playing Toulouse not toulon?

Decent side, I'm surprised to see Ross and Ross start, they've got a lot of game time between them this season. No sign of Pearce even on the bench.

Very excited to see Faf and JOC, hopefully we can get them some decent ball to play with

clutch (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 12:45
Pearce is on the bench. Big chance for him if he gets 30 mins.

ballsout (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 13:16
Quote:
Olyy
I'm surprised to see Ross and Ross start

Surprised, really? Doesn't Harrison start pretty much every game, every week, for the last couple of years, with Flynn sometimes getting 3 or 4 minutes off the bench if he's lucky?

23Shark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 13:30
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Olyy
I'm surprised to see Ross and Ross start

Surprised, really? Doesn't Harrison start pretty much every game, every week, for the last couple of years, with Flynn sometimes getting 3 or 4 minutes off the bench if he's lucky?

Dont you have a Bath board to troll?

Re: Team v Stade Toulouse 13/10/2017 20:00
Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 13:59
Is A Reed a back? - assume that's a 6/2 split

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 14:09
Quote:
Surbiton Shark
Is A Reed a back? - assume that's a 6/2 split

Says winger on the offy, set for debut for senior sharks.

johneverton (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 14:11
Arron Reed is a winger, aged 18. Born Chester, now from Wigan, attended Kirkham GS. Was a member of the England Under-18 squad which triumphed in South Africa. Plays for Sale FC and Sale Jets.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 14:20
Thank you John & IrishShark

jaytom (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 14:49
Bit surprised to see AJ and Byron drop out of the squad entirely - but I guess they need resting. Also interesting to see Nield at Blindside with TJ not featuring at all - does that mean they're keeping him as a flanker rather than move him back to hooker?

Crutch (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 15:25
Interview with Cam this week suggested he still sees himself long term as a hooker and would get some game time there after the first 6 week block of league games, although clearly not this game...

TJ must be injured or had a bust up with Dimes. Agree the back row looks under-powered. If Pearce had any game time so far this year then he could have started this one for better balance.

Imagine AJ and Byron must have niggles that aren't worth risking for us to be throwing in the unheard of child. Makes it pretty much a 6/1 bench, lets really hope for no backs injuries...

Olyy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 15:31
Quote:
clutch
Pearce is on the bench. Big chance for him if he gets 30 mins.

Doh, think my brain just auto read Ioane as being on the bench

Flumpty (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 15:49
Quote:
Crutch
for us to be throwing in the unheard of child.

That's more than a touch harsh on Mr Reed.

I watched an 18 year old win MoM for Eng vs Barbarians in his first game for them last year and he didn't even play a full game.

I hope that the "unheard of child" has a similar impact if he gets the opportunity to play.

Crutch (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 16:03
So do I! I was being a little OTT for effect.

However whilst the reference to the Curries is true they're freakishly developed for their age.

It's a bit of a bizarre game to suddenly bring in someone that (some) people on this board haven't heard of before, especially considering the relative strength of the rest of the team selection.

Having said that, Paulo did very well from the start with us, and winger is an area that players can come in early. He has to be better than Ingall anyway winking smiley

Tigger (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 16:04
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
Crutch
for us to be throwing in the unheard of child.

That's more than a touch harsh on Mr Reed.

I watched an 18 year old win MoM for Eng vs Barbarians in his first game for them last year and he didn't even play a full game.

I hope that the "unheard of child" has a similar impact if he gets the opportunity to play.

I also read that and wondered if it was an auto correct??

PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE POST IS ME POSTING AS A POSTER NOT A MODERATOR AND IT SHOULD NOT BE INFERRED THAT I AM TRYING TO IN ANY WAY MODERATE THIS THREAD WITH MY PERSONAL COMMENT.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 17:31
Quote:
Crutch
So do I! I was being a little OTT for effect.
However whilst the reference to the Curries is true they're freakishly developed for their age.

It's a bit of a bizarre game to suddenly bring in someone that (some) people on this board haven't heard of before, especially considering the relative strength of the rest of the team selection.

Having said that, Paulo did very well from the start with us, and winger is an area that players can come in early. He has to be better than Ingall anyway winking smiley

& Marcus Smith at Harlequins is freakishly skilled at his age !!

Good luck to all of them in their long term skills development & careers.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 18:09
Strong side from us. The Faf J.O'C. partnership from the start will be interesting. R.H. starts again in the front row, he's putting in some game-time.

J.C. and B.Mc. just a rotation and Byron's week to sit it out.

I would imagine this will be the week Flynn get's to come on. Pleased to see Pearce on the bench, seems to be a popular bloke on this board.

Wonderful opportunity for Aaron Reed, is this his 1st team debut?? if so what a great game to make it. Hopefully we'll see a few more of those Jets-players who signed deals start to appear on the bench as the season progresses.

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 18:25
Reed against Huget or Medard - could be a baptism of fire, but if that doesn't get him fired up, nowt will

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 20:06
Quote:
HaleShark
Strong side from us. The Faf J.O'C. partnership from the start will be interesting. R.H. starts again in the front row, he's putting in some game-time.
J.C. and B.Mc. just a rotation and Byron's week to sit it out.

I would imagine this will be the week Flynn get's to come on. Pleased to see Pearce on the bench, seems to be a popular bloke on this board.

Wonderful opportunity for Aaron Reed, is this his 1st team debut?? if so what a great game to make it. Hopefully we'll see a few more of those Jets-players who signed deals start to appear on the bench as the season progresses.

According to the offy, Reed is 0.0m tall, and weighs 0.0kg. I've heard of flying under the radar, but this....... It shouldn't be too difficult to have this info updated for players about to play in the 1st team.

Barend (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 21:10
Reed has looked very sharp for Sale Fc.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 21:16
Quote:
Crutch
Interview with Cam this week suggested he still sees himself long term as a hooker and would get some game time there after the first 6 week block of league games, although clearly not this game...
TJ must be injured or had a bust up with Dimes. Agree the back row looks under-powered. If Pearce had any game time so far this year then he could have started this one for better balance.

Imagine AJ and Byron must have niggles that aren't worth risking for us to be throwing in the unheard of child. Makes it pretty much a 6/1 bench, lets really hope for no backs injuries...

I'd imagine there's an element of getting Cam's game time and confidence back up without the pressure of throwing in after his public mare. If so, it seems sensible to me. I'm not sure re TJ - he was praised for his impact off the bench against Quins, so I think you're reading something into it that isn't there. As for AJ/Byron - not sure what's to be gained from having them on the bench. This and to a greater extent the AW allow for a bit more blooding of players. What would bringing on AJ accomplish? Sam can cover 10 if needed, as can Faf, otherwise it's mainly about getting JOC match fit and more game time.

EdinburghShark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 22:35
Quote:
Barend
Reed has looked very sharp for Sale Fc.

Him and Luke James have been flying in the league for Sale FC so far - Reed has 6 tries in 5 games, James has 4 in 4. I am slightly concerned that he'll be very lightweight at this level (in a way that Luke James, the Currys and Odogwu noticeably aren't), but the experience will stand him in good stead as he grows physically.

Crutch (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 00:01
Quote:
Pappje Shark
Quote:
Crutch

Imagine AJ and Byron must have niggles that aren't worth risking for us to be throwing in the unheard of child. Makes it pretty much a 6/

1 bench, lets really hope for no backs injuries...

I'd imagine there's an element of getting Cam's game time and confidence back up without the pressure of throwing in after his public mare. If so, it seems sensible to me. I'm not sure re TJ - he was praised for his impact off the bench against Quins, so I think you're reading something into it that isn't there. As for AJ/Byron - not sure what's to be gained from having them on the bench. This and to a greater extent the AW allow for a bit more blooding of players. What would bringing on AJ accomplish? Sam can cover 10 if needed, as can Faf, otherwise it's mainly about getting JOC match fit and more game time.

If that were the case then why is Ross H playing, if this game is about resting players and giving others game time only then surely Flynn should be starting? It would be like seeing Pope selected on the bench, and even then not so much of a shock as he's featured before. Just seems odd in the context of the otherwise stronger than expected team selection, and even more so in a 6/2 bench split as it makes it much more likely that he'll come on.

Having said that, I'm always interested to see new players, and if Dimes thinks he's ready then he must have talent.

ballsout (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 01:32
Quote:
HaleShark
I would imagine this will be the week Flynn get's to come on.

Lucky him!

thekeg (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 07:47
Only seen Reed in the pre season sevens. Even allowing for the huge difference between 7s and 15s, I thought he looked a significant prospect. All the right physical attributes (for his age at least) and a rugby brain. Him and Dolly were the outstanding youngster on that evidence

snaderson (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:17
Aaron Reed did pretty well against George North for the Jets (see Jets v Wanderers) so Huget and Medard should be no bother smiling smiley

Olyy (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:49
Does bet365 know something I don't? They have us as pretty heavy favourites for tonight
I know it's not Toulouse's 1st XV but us at 1.25 and then at 4.00 seems ludicrous

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:05
Byron needed at Bradwall Road for the visit of Longton. Big local derby.

13 October, 2017 15:38
I've put a tenner on anyway.

Hirdyshark (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 19:16
Anyone know any live streams for the match? Apparently it's being shown live on FR4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net