rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Tom Curry- out for 12 Weeks
yukon (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 21:09
[www.skysports.com]

Sadly dislocated his wrist on England duty.

Get well soon Tom

Re: Tom Curry- out for 12 Weeks
Crutch (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 21:31
Sad news for Tom and for Sale, but at least we have a similar replacement in place...

yukon (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 21:50
Quote:
Crutch
Sad news for Tom and for Sale, but at least we have a similar replacement in place...

There’s an elaborate conspiracy theory in there...

Olyy (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 21:53
Man that really sucks,
So close to playing for England only to be sidelined until next year

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 01:45
Quote:
yukon
Quote:
Crutch

There’s an elaborate conspiracy theory in there...
thumbs down
I suppose these things happen, and can happen anytime, anywhere. I saw someone yesterday who had done similar slipping in the bathroom. It's bad enough anyway but to have it happen just before the Autumn Internationals is rough luck, indeed.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 06:59
Absolutely gutted Tom, but 12 weeks could mean 10 depending on rehab which means mid-end of Jan comeback. He'll have had a period out and will be firing on all cylinders to the end of the season, and hopefully catching the eye of EJ for a summer touring spot.

As the injury was done on England duty, do the club get compensated?

HaleShark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 08:16
Just typical of Sale's luck, our only player in the England match-day 23 and it's our man who get's injured in a training session.

I'm still annoyed that England broke our Charlie all those years ago!

I hope we get suitably compensated, but that's only a financial recompense, we're a man down for 3-months and for a team with a small squad we ultimately suffer.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 08:35
Isn't 12 weeks the qualifying period for a replacement dispensation ?

Crutch (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 08:48
Maybe we could bring in Laurence Pearce?!?...

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 08:53
Shocking luck. Hope he can get back to contend for a spot in the 6N.

23Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 08:54
I thought the injury replacement rule is only really relevant when you spend up to the cap?

Surely we can just sign players normally?

tbird (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:34
Quote:
23Shark
I thought the injury replacement rule is only really relevant when you spend up to the cap?

I think that's correct with regards the cap but possibly relevant if there is to be some form of insurance/compensation received to cover the cost of an injury sustained on international duty.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:22
Quote:
23Shark

True enough, but I was thinking we could maintain any "leeway" we have in case it becomes useful.

Paddyshark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:58
Quote:
Crutch
Maybe we could bring in Laurence Pearce?!?...

Played full 80 for Stade Montois last night. Had a superb game.

clutch (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 23:15
Good. Hope it works out for him.

james46 (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 10:34
The way he plays and because he's young and his joints have not fully formed he will get more and more of these sort of injuries. Lots of examples of very young players playing at high level getting battered and having to end their careers early.

I hope this doesn't happen to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net