rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Ref Link
John11 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 10:28
Does anyone know if this is available tonight?

Re: Ref Link
M5 Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:28
Fairly certain it is just for AP games. Worth taking it though just in case

wrinklieshark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:38
It didn't work for the European match

hilly07 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:47
I would say unlikely as there is no TMO so the infrastructure not the same for AW cup as Prem. Will take mine just in case but maybe with less experienced refs it's not a great thing to have exposed in full public view.

GraemeW (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:15
Sarries fan here. The reflink worked fine for our game last week at Allianz Park in the AW Cup against Quins, so hopefully will be working tonight.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:48
Sarries are obviously well-run. We shall see if we are in that respect tonight!

hilly07 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 18:37
I'm sure this is a Premiership rugby initiative rather than individual clubs so a bit tight giving the club stick.

hilly07 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 18:38
Sarries game last week was on TV which brings full technical backup. Hopefully it works tonight but it's a bonus I think if it does.

hilly07 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:29
It's working! Good value these for the season

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 21:59
Worked fine tonight. The ref was very keen on asking the water boy's to leave the pitch!!!

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:01
Which sounds like a shame, since he sounded like he needed their help.

clutch (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:08
If CMK was making it up then it's lucky Diamond wasn't taking the side this week!! Amusingly Maxwell Keys was on the touch line.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:14
Who is CMK?

clutch (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:22
Craig Maxwell Keys

brilin (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:45
Pity that this thing only works one way. Ref was definitely winging it he could have asked for help from the crowd. First time that I have heard a ref booed of our pitch at half time.

The other 'arf

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 23:54
Thanks to VME for their help with ref link tonight

emerging shark (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 11:09
Best quality sound over ref link so far...much clearer than Exeter match and less player background noises...

JohnJ of HM (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 23:15
Any reason why all I could get on any channel was the BT commentary? I could do without AH when I'm at a game. About an hour gone before I started hearing the ref.

iBozz (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 00:20
Channel E1 carried Motormouth's BT Commentary.

Channel E2 carried the Referee and Motormouth, the latter completely drowning out the Referee.

Channels E3 & E4 were silent.

Until, that is, 38 minutes in to the game when some bright spark realised that something was wrong and on Channel E2, for the remaining two minutes, the BT Commentary disappeared and we got two minutes of the Referee alone (or maybe Healey was dumbstruck and remained silent).

In the second half, Channel E2 carried the Referee with a very faint echo of the BT Commentary in the background.

Maybe one of the pre-match checks in future should be to check that Reflink is working correctly before the game starts and not half way through. In Swanny's absence, I have no idea to whom to report this at the Club so I am hoping that they will read this and take note. I did text the mobile number previously used by Swanny (assuming that it was a Company phone) but the text remains undelivered so either it hasn't been taken over by his successor or it was switched off.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 00:22 by iBozz.

Sailing Shark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 00:21
BT commentary on channels 1 and 2 throughout the first half. Second half had BT on 1 and the ref on 2 but hardly worth listening as Sir did not say much, at least not into his microphone!

hilly07 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 14:05
I ended up enjoying the BT coverage with the ref in the background as it also linked with the tactics displayed on the screen.

I can't believe you think this is the clubs issue however!!! Maybe tweet Premiership Rugby next time!

iBozz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 16:33
Quote:
hilly07
I can't believe you think this is the clubs issue however!!! Maybe tweet Premiership Rugby next time!

Why?

The system is installed at the ground where SS staff are on duty, Premiership Rugby is based elsewhere (I have no idea where their "match day" control centre is located) so SS seem the best first point of call. They could then pass on any concerns, as it is a service provided for or by them (it is used at games other than Premiership at AJB so not necessarily Premiership Rugby's responsibility on a day to day basis), to whomsoever is in a position to do something about it - at the ground.

If I don't like the catering, Stewards, car park attendants or anything, I would go to the Club first even though they don't provide those services, which is what I did here.

I am reminded of an incident several years since where BBC Radio Bristol (I think) were mocking Sale Supporters on air because we were allegedly unable to tell the difference between an on-air stream and an on-line stream. No matter how often we told them that their "on-line" stream was carrying the on air programme and not the commentary, they refused to believe us.

Eventually the now departed Swanny, a BBC man in his own right, phoned up BBC Radio Yokel and told them which buttons to press and which knobs to turn, or whatever, and eventually they realised it was their fault and did something about it.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2018 20:39 by iBozz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net