rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Free grub tonight
muddydwarf (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:18
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but the club tweeted to the effect That, enter the marquee before 7pm this evening & receive free pie & mash plus a hot drink.
Lovely gesture from the club I thought, will certainly be taking them up on the offer.

Re: Free grub tonight
yukon (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:20
It's an awesome bit of marketing; "it's a bit cold, don;t worry we've got the answer"!

Very well played Sale

2007dwain (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:03
Wish I was going to the game now

emerging shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:31
Also a nice remembrance day touch on the Facebook page..

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:31
super deal. Winner all round.

philthefluter (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:05
Will it still be available at half time when most of the crowd get there?

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:11
Quote:
philthefluter

It available upto 7.00 as an inducement to get people to get there earlier hence reducing the congestio....

A great move.

philthefluter (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:23
I'd better set off now then !

iBozz (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:32
Whilst I don't eat meat pies (long story) I applaud this initiative but, alas, I shall not be partaking of the free comestibles on offer myself.

To those who do, enjoy your freebies.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:42
Yes, a very good offer. Unfortunately I can't make it tonight but for those who can I hope you enjoy the pie & mash smiling smiley

23Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 16:17
Quote:
MartWhit
super deal. Winner all round.

You feeling ok MartWhit? (Sm100)

Quote:
philthefluter

The club can never win! It's an excellent idea to get people down earlier but oh well!

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 16:34
a bit light headed 23.

This is the club being realistic that it has a traffic issue that it can mitigate to a very limited extent.

SO, they've done what they can, which is try to get people there early and to discount their product. The club will benefit because many will buy a few more pints after. The caterers will do well, and the atmosphere will be aided by well oiled voices. The fans get free food and drink and the traffic will be marginally more spread out. I think its about the most that can be done given circumtances on the ground.

There's plenty of room for sarky comments in many a thread here, but not this one.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 16:43
Even the most cynical Northern person can't knock a free pie can they MW. Unless of course there is no gravy with it? Will seriously be calling for SDs head if there isn't.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 16:43
I would be disappointed if anyone were to question the club's motives over this. There is precious little they can do about the access issues in the short term. Therefore anything that might help alleviate matters, if only slightly, like the toll bridge initiative and this free food gesture should be applauded IMO.

Well done Sale!

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:02
Credit goes to caterers Elior for this initiative.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:52
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
Credit goes to caterers Elior for this initiative.

Which is much appreciated, though I confess to being puzzled by what they may have to gain?

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 18:04
I had just assumed the gravy was thrown in for free. Its just a bit of bisto.

Of course, if you want a red wine reduction or curry sauce, you get immediately ejected.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:19
How were the pies?

Dr.L (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 23:07
Excellent idea and gratefully received, good to see the Shark Tank so busy early on.

Pies were excellent and the free pint of Fosters helped wash it down.
Coupled with an easy pain free drive via Warburton Bridge (again free) - oh, and a win to boot.
Excellent evening all round, thanks to all concerned!
Dr.L

clutch (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 23:16
Not sure how Fosters can help any situation!!
Great initiative by all though. Thumbs up.

23Shark (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 00:52
Pies were good aside from asking what was in them only to be told they only had cheese and onion. To then bite into it and realised it was meat and potato was a bit of a shock, good job I'm not vegetarian!

snaderson (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 08:18
Pie, mash, gravy and pint (ok, only Foster's) all free: good stuff. The pies were a lottery. I got meat and potato, my companions got chicken balti, and steak and onion. All tasty though.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 09:26
is chicken balti pie actually a thing?!?!

Somebody will tell me its fusion food soon wont they. Bet it tastes S***e with gravy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 09:26 by MartWhit.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 11:10
Quote:
MartWhit
Somebody will tell me its fusion food soon wont they. Bet it tastes S***e with gravy.

It's free food not fusion food which makes it taste much better!

23Shark (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 11:30
Quote:
MartWhit

Lord of the Pies in Chorlton do a very good pulled chicken balti pie, would recommend it!

clutch (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:17
Indeed.

Perfectly common place to have currified pies. Not with gravy for sure. I've had a nice veggie curry pie at Greens in Didsbury.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:25
wow. A slightly peppery pasty is a bit passe then.

beardedshark (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 09:14
Curry, pie. All major food groups in one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net