rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Apologies In Advance
Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:03
I know it's not the usual thing to post something so positive but I'd like to say how much of an improvement the new marquee is, that it's appreciated that we can get around between the stands to get a pint of real ale, and the effort put into getting more school groups and clubs in and get them on the pitch.

And to really push some over the edge, I'd also like to say what a joy it has been to watch the young academy lads step up over that last few weeks.

Re: Apologies In Advance
MartWhit (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:34
I did comment myself that the new Marquee was a considerable upgrade. Had a decent pint and chinwag with my dad and brother post Toulouse game.

hilly07 (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 20:13
I like the fact there has been a family area made in the old supporters bar. Good getting that set up and a good way for kids to meet players, do facepainting etc away from the marquee.

WiganSaler (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 10:01
For me, the AJB/Sale Sharks experience is great. Win or lose, though the win is best. I have rarely had a bad experience, even shitty Friday nights but soon hopefully, they will be a thing of the past!
I've just been informed that the men in white coats are on their way but once they reach the dystopia that is Wigan, I feel sure they will understand and return from whence they came! (Sm100)

--------------------------------------------------
Wigan "Home for the Bewildered"

Fully paid up member of the LSSSSC.
"Long Suffering Sale Sharks Supporters Club"

stevene (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 10:22
the problem is not the ground. As a ground its miles better than EP in terms of set up, certainly now with the marquee etc. The car park is of a good size for most grounds and the view from the stands/ seats is quite often better than you got at EP. EP did generate a better atmosphere but that can said of most old grounds compared to newer stadiums.

its the infrastructure around it which are the problem.

a) public transport links. This is in direct contrast to EP.
b) local street parking. none existent within 1-1.5 miles, again very different than EP.
c) route to the ground and the traffic chaos.

the long planned bridge will be of some help but it isn't going to change a and b.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 11:44
its the infrastructure around it which are the problem.(Sm164)
this is done to death ....

clutch (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:15
b isn't quite true. There is ample parking within 1.5 miles I think.

NB trying to work out how fast I walk and how long it takes!!

Signsurfer (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:28
Quote:
emerging shark
its the infrastructure around it which are the problem.(Sm164) this is done to death ....

yes it has, for the last 3 years....

and still no viable solution for most (possibly soon to be ex-) fans (Sm164)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 12:29 by Signsurfer.

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 14:20
Quote:
clutch

I'm curious if anyone has made the walk from patricroft station to the grounds?

13 November, 2017 15:43
I enjoyed Friday and glad that I went. was considering not going for a while. I'm sure Swanny will be happy that we have a positive thread for a change..good post Rani.

maccshark (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 17:29
Google maps suggests 38 minutes from Paticroft to ground. I would have guessed 45 as double the distance from where I normally park.

muddydwarf (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 18:00
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
clutch

I'm curious if anyone has made the walk from patricroft station to the grounds?
Yes, every time there is a Saturday game. It's our preferred method of attending a game rather than driving in.
It's doable in 30 minutes.

13 November, 2017 18:26
The only trouble with Patricroft is on a Friday, you would need to get the 23.07 into Victoria, very late back if you need to get to south Manchester.
I park in one of the streets opposite St Michaels club and it's just over half a mile walk to the ground. dead easy to get away onto M60 afterwards.

13 November, 2017 18:59
We usually go with the car park at the stadium as we're in no rush post-match, but used to park on the road where the police station is in Peel Green then walk it.

muddydwarf (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 22:35
Quote:
emerging shark
The only trouble with Patricroft is on a Friday, you would need to get the 23.07 into Victoria, very late back if you need to get to south Manchester.
I park in one of the streets opposite St Michaels club and it's just over half a mile walk to the ground. dead easy to get away onto M60 afterwards.
We drive for Friday games, can't get back to Rochdale via the train. It's the main reason we prefer Saturday games, we can both have a drink if we want & take our time in the marquee after.

15 November, 2017 18:33
More nice news on the email 18,000 Payback

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net