rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

McGuigan up before the beak tomorrow evening 06/12/2017
05 December, 2017 13:00
...... which is also my birthday - the same glorious day "Bill" came to EP.

[www.englandrugby.com]

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 13:00 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

Re: McGuigan up before the beak tomorrow evening 06/12/2017
Flumpty (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:19
I'm going to go for Sending Off Sufficient, with no further ban.
Good disciplinary record, no malice involved, remorse shown at time etc, etc.

UNLESS, Dimes speaks up for him at the session, in which case he'll get 10 years hard labour in a salt mine.

05 December, 2017 14:27
.........luxury!

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

clutch (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:42
Ha ha.

If he gets anything other than that expect a clutch rant. When are they wasting money on this nonsense.

Olyy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:46
My guess is a one week ban,
That's what Rob Horne got for two yellow cards a few weeks ago.

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 21:09
No ban for Byron!

From the BBC

Meanwhile Sale's Scotland back Byron McGuigan has avoided further sanction after his red card at Worcester.

He was sent off after two yellow cards, the first for a deliberate knock-on and the second for a dangerous tackle.

RFU rules state if a player is sent off for two yellow cards and at least one is a technical offence, such as a deliberate knock-on, the sending-off is sufficient punishment.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 21:20
Quote:
buelligansmate
No ban for Byron!

From the BBC

Meanwhile Sale's Scotland back Byron McGuigan has avoided further sanction after his red card at Worcester.

He was sent off after two yellow cards, the first for a deliberate knock-on and the second for a dangerous tackle.

RFU rules state if a player is sent off for two yellow cards and at least one is a technical offence, such as a deliberate knock-on, the sending-off is sufficient punishment.

cough, cough, ahem
"I'm going to go for Sending Off Sufficient, with no further ban."

I present to you, Flumpty, the predictor of the future (Sm108)

07 December, 2017 00:03
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
buelligansmate
No ban for Byron!

From the BBC

cough, cough, ahem
"I'm going to go for Sending Off Sufficient, with no further ban."

I present to you, Flumpty, the predictor of the future (Sm108)

Please supply lottery numbers for Friday and Saturday.

Yareet (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 00:57
Quote:
buelligansmate

Please supply lottery numbers for Friday and Saturday.

That’s easy

43 26 38 15 34 9

Now just work out which lottery they’re for

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 06:49
Quote:
buelligansmate
RFU rules state if a player is sent off for two yellow cards and at least one is a technical offence, such as a deliberate knock-on, the sending-off is sufficient punishment.[/i]

So why did they summon him to appear? Total waste of time and money.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 07:45
Who covered the costs?

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:23
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
buelligansmate
RFU rules state if a player is sent off for two yellow cards and at least one is a technical offence, such as a deliberate knock-on, the sending-off is sufficient punishment.[/i]

Absolutely, Ale (unless there is some provision for having to be reviewed if a tip-tackle is involved, but I presume that would only be if it attracted a straight red). Still, it must have been a nice all expenses paid day out for several people, so maybe it's not all bad.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:27
Is deliberate knock-on a technical offence?
It's intentional in law!
From the Laws of the Game:
Law 10.2 (a)
Intentionally Offending. A player must not intentionally infringe any Law of the Game, or
play unfairly. The player who intentionally offends must be either admonished, or cautioned that a send off will result if the offence or a similar offence is committed, or sent off.
Sanction: Penalty kick
A penalty try must be awarded if the offence prevents a try that would probably otherwise
have been scored. A player who prevents a try being scored through foul play must either
be cautioned and temporarily suspended or sent off.

Also note that "foul play" covers everything from intentional offending and obstruction, all the way through to dangerous play.

07 December, 2017 10:04
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
buelligansmate

Did they summon him though?

England rugby

The case will be dealt with on papers on Wednesday evening by a panel including Aidan O’Brien (chairman), Becky Essex and Tim Grey.

Does "on papers" mean the panel just look at the written evidence?

Paice on the other hand was Summoned to appear before the panel

Flumpty (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 11:45
I'm not 100% certain, but a sending off gets reported to the "powers that be", who review the sending off offense and decide the appropriate punishment.

The "hearing" can be done over the phone by conference call and the costs involved can me minimal (£25ish)

MartWhit (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:04
the costs probably depend on which network you use. Maybe they should use their free text allocation?

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:06
Quote:
buelligansmate
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
buelligansmate

Did they summon him though?

England rugby

The case will be dealt with on papers on Wednesday evening by a panel including Aidan O’Brien (chairman), Becky Essex and Tim Grey.

Does "on papers" mean the panel just look at the written evidence?

Paice on the other hand was Summoned to appear before the panel

The use of the term "face" the panel does seem to imply attendance at first reading. On the other hand, if there'd been a suggestion he was "facing" a ban, I don't suppose we'd have taken that literally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net