rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Launchbury turns Sharks down.....
05 December, 2017 14:00
....despite being offered £400,000+ and a leadership role at Sale Sharks.

Re-signs for Wasps - once a Wasp etc. etc.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 14:02 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

Re: Launchbury turns Sharks down.....
MartWhit (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:06
surely he wasn't offered 400k and a leadership role because it isnt 1st Jan yet?

As usual, Dimes isnt aware of any contact being made.

clutch (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:40
Depends on what calendar you use I guess.

thekeg (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 16:11
400k doesnít seem like a ludicrously high offer for a captain of his current club and regular England international. I donít imagine his current wasps deal/new offer s that much less and they have the bonus of almost certainly finishing top 6 this year

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 16:36
My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure that when Charlie last renewed with us (2007 for 3 years?) a figure of £350k was published.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:21
Mmmm, that a shame. Even £400K and the captaincy couldn't tempt him but if Wasps offered similar then you have to ask why would he consider moving from a team better placed to finish in the top 4.

Rob Miller and Tom Cruise have agreed new deals too.

I'd still like to see Tommy Taylor return, I was bitterly disappointed when he left.

Crutch (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:53
I see that Stooke has extended at Bath too.

clutch (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 21:49
Can't we find an enormous Cumbrian farmer and get him in the Academy. Our production line of second rows isn't great. And the good ones end up at no 8!!!

Flumpty (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:35
Quote:
clutch
Can't we find an enormous Cumbrian farmer and get him in the Academy. Our production line of second rows isn't great. And the good ones end up at no 8!!!

I think that the last "made in Cumbria" is Will Addison (imports via Sedbergh School don't count (Sm100))
Sadly, any identified talent on the DPP pathway is now routed to the Budgies, as Cumbria is Budgieland.

ale shark (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:03
I'm 6ft 5, will weigh about 20 stone after Christmas, went to Sedbergh and my parents live on a farm in Cumbria. Unfortunately I'm 39 but give me a year and £400k and I'll see what I can do.

clutch (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:03
How old was Hines. Can we negotiate on the wage?

06 December, 2017 11:03
Drop off a couple of 0's and the k.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Flumpty (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:07
Quote:
ale shark
I'm 6ft 5, will weigh about 20 stone after Christmas, went to Sedbergh and my parents live on a farm in Cumbria. Unfortunately I'm 39 but give me a year and £400k and I'll see what I can do.

I'll counter your offer with the following :-

I'm 6ft 3" & 17 st (before Christmas), Cumbria born and bred (strong in the arm, thick in the head (Sm137)) and drive past several farms each day.
My most recent playing experience was as (now much prized) TightHead prop. I'll happily do the job for £395000 pa . I think that age is an invisible barrier and being 50 shouldn't be an issue. Likewise, the world of medicine is marvellous and I'm sure that Sale would be able to sort some new knees for me, to overcome the (minor) issues of arthritis, worn cartlige and ligament damage.

If Sale could deposit my first salary payment into my account this week, I'll be available from Sat 16th onwards (this Saturday is M&J day at the Club and I've already paid my money for a meal)

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:42
As I'm only 9 stone I suppose I'd have to settle for £200k, but I'd be happy with that as a supplement to my State Pension!

I'd be easy to lift in the lineout too. Just put me down gently!

Timpers (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 17:15
Every mornin' at the mine you could see him arrive
He stood six-foot-six and weighed two-forty-five
Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip
And everybody knew ya didn't give no lip to big John
Big Bad John

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:07
...excellent Timpers; and who sang it?

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 20:47
Quote:
jamestaylorreturns
...excellent Timpers; and who sang it?

Jimmy Dean.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net