rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Print at home tickets
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 17:21
I have a couple of season tickets in the West Stand. For the Bath game, I have just bought an additional ticket online as my daughter wants to come to the match as well. I thought the easiest way of getting the ticket would be the 'Print at Home' option. I was staggered to then be told that for the privilege of using my ink and my paper, the club were going to charge me an additional 45p!

I have never come across this before, for any tickets. Why cant the tickets simply be downloaded in the same way as theatre tickets and even train tickets and why on earth should I have to pay to print them out??? It is not the money that I object to, rather the principle. This is penny pinching in the extreme but, worse in my view, reflects badly on the club. Far better PR to do away with it altogether and put an extra 50p on the price of (all) tickets.

At least they wont be able to add the additional 2% credit card charge as well from January next year.

Re: Print at home tickets
iBozz (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 17:28
I often go the theatre, probably on average between once and twice a week out of my "favourite" list of around eight venues, and often print my tickets at home - I have never been charged so to do.

I agree with you, Chris.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 17:30
Pretty standard these days Chris!

We recently paid 50p each to print our own tickets for a special exhibition at the Natural History Museum. The alternative was a 2 booking fee plus 1 postage, but that was for the two.

However, when we arrived we saw people just displaying the PDF file of the ticket on their mobile phones!

I agree with your comment though. I'd say the same about booking fees too, but in the example above, the fee was the same for two or more tickets. The worst example I had was at the Apollo some years ago when they wanted to charge me postage on each of the six tickets I was booking. "Will they be posted separately in individual envelopes?" I enquired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2017 17:38 by ageinghoody.

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 19:38
Quote:
Chris1850
I have a couple of season tickets in the West Stand. For the Bath game, I have just bought an additional ticket online as my daughter wants to come to the match as well. I thought the easiest way of getting the ticket would be the 'Print at Home' option. I was staggered to then be told that for the privilege of using my ink and my paper, the club were going to charge me an additional 45p!
I have never come across this before, for any tickets. Why cant the tickets simply be downloaded in the same way as theatre tickets and even train tickets and why on earth should I have to pay to print them out??? It is not the money that I object to, rather the principle. This is penny pinching in the extreme but, worse in my view, reflects badly on the club. Far better PR to do away with it altogether and put an extra 50p on the price of (all) tickets.

At least they wont be able to add the additional 2% credit card charge as well from January next year.

Chris I may be wrong but I think if you book on line the booking is via Ticketmaster and they charge 45p not the club

ale shark (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 19:44
Print it off and rip it up in protest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2017 19:45 by ale shark.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 20:29
This has been raised several times before, I'm sure Swanny said it was for the privilege of using ticket master...

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 22:41
Quote:
buelligansmate
Quote:
Chris1850

Chris I may be wrong but I think if you book on line the booking is via Ticketmaster and they charge 45p not the club

You may well be right. However, the way that the site is designed it appears that it is the club making the charge. My point is that whoever is actually befitting from the 45p, it is the club who is being made to appear to be penny pinching. Far better that prices are increased by 50p and the Club simply pays Ticket master 45p for each ticket booked over the site.

iBozz (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 06:37
Quote:
buelligansmate
Quote:
Chris1850

It may be in the way SS and Ticketmaster have arranged their affairs, I've used Ticketmaster on occasions although I try my hardest not to (as a Member of most of the theatres which I frequent I book direct via the Members' Booking Lines) and they send a confirmation email - I print that out and show it to the venue.

The cost? paper, ink, depreciation on the printer and wear and tear on the stair carpet when I run upstairs to collect the print. Times two when I realise, on the day of a performance, that I've lost the original printed copy! grinning smiley

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 06:50
Often the ticket "charge" is the only income which the ticket agent/seller actually gets from the sale of the ticket. From my experience, rarely does an organisation such as Ticketmaster take a % of the face value of the ticket.

Timpers (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 07:06
'Tis Christmas time; the time for giving. I paid 45p for an extra ticket for the Bath game too, and though it pathetic money grabbing by Sale.

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 07:33
Quote:
Timpers
'Tis Christmas time; the time for giving. I paid 45p for an extra ticket for the Bath game too, and though it pathetic money grabbing by Sale.

Bah humbug

WillC (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 08:33
This is pretty standard stuff and Ticketmaster, not the club I think. i bought a train ticket the other day and got charged a "transaction fee" for a mobile phone e-ticket. There would have been a similar charge for printing it but a higher charge for posting it.

Much more annoying (in my opinion) was the Lowry theatre. I tried to book a few tickets for some kids show but the website wasn't working - so I called them and booked the tickets, credit card fees and all. It was only 2 weeks later that I discovered that the phone call was premium rate and had cost be several more s.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 14:36
Quote:
WillC
... the phone call was premium rate and had cost be several more s.

Of which, I imagine, The Lowry got a cut!

iBozz (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 17:01
Quote:
WillC
Much more annoying (in my opinion) was the Lowry theatre. I tried to book a few tickets for some kids show but the website wasn't working - so I called them and booked the tickets, credit card fees and all. It was only 2 weeks later that I discovered that the phone call was premium rate and had cost be several more s.

Lowry Box office: 0161-876 2000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2017 20:37 by iBozz.

yukon (IP Logged)
15 December, 2017 20:01
The one which really grinds my gears is the car park! 10 to park & 45p, which you have no way of negating! Theyll hardly let you park, pick up, a ticket & then hand it over.

These booking fees really let the club down

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 11:08
My usual take on this issue is that if it is impossible to gain entry to an event for the advertised ticket price, then that is false advertising.

OK, if I don't want to trek to the booking office, then a realistic p&p charge (stamp, envelope and two minutes wages) is fair enough. Otherwise those who do purchase in person would be subsidising those who don't.

If the event organisers choose to contract out their ticketing to a third-party, then the event organisers should be the ones paying that third-party, although I accept that this cost will be reflected in the ticket price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2017 14:27 by ageinghoody.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 21:24
A few years back I paid 15.75 per ticket service charge for print at home tickets ooked through the venue website to watch Monty Python at the O2 on top of the 150 per ticket price. At those prices Its lucky they don't tour all that often!

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 21:32
Fifa and UEFA both operate a noce little ticket scam in that if you want tickets for your section of the ground for your country's knock out games in one of their tournaments, you must buy them upfront months before the tournament but they are only valid if your team actually gets through. Any unused matches are refunded minus a 10 % service charge (to go on top of the original credit card charge you pay) a month after the tournament.
So for Russia I (and fans from all qualified countries) must buy any England ticket I wish to attend all the way through to the final. Tickets need yo be applied for by end of Jan, payment is taken Feb and sits in FIFA's bank account getting them interest with any match England don't make refunded in August minus 10%. Multiply that by all qualified nations and it is a nice little earner for them on tickets not even valid on top of the money they make from those actually used.

Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 23:50
Quote:
yukon
The one which really grinds my gears is the car park! 10 to park & 45p, which you have no way of negating! Theyll hardly let you park, pick up, a ticket & then hand it over.
These booking fees really let the club down

The car park is 7, and has been since the start of the season as I sometimes use it. I usually pay cash on arrival but sometimes do the print at home thing, and I know it's a HUGE 45p charge but at least I have the ticket and a space booked.

WillC (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 08:34
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
WillC

Thanks iBozz but the website lists an 0843 number which is premium rate on my mobile. My mistake not to realise and search for the 0161 number. For the purposes of this thread just highlighting that there are more annoying things than ticket booking fees which are now pretty standard.

iBozz (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 08:59
Quote:
WillC
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
WillC

Thanks iBozz but the website lists an 0843 number which is premium rate on my mobile. My mistake not to realise and search for the 0161 number. For the purposes of this thread just highlighting that there are more annoying things than ticket booking fees which are now pretty standard.

A useful website is SayNoTo0870 (and other premium numbers).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net