rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Franco Mostert
31 December, 2017 09:31
Fissler in The Rugby Paper states that further talks have been held by Sale with Mostert with a view to him signing next season

Re: Franco Mostert
thekeg (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:38
Linking in with the comments on the Kieran brookes thread, this would be great news.....

MartWhit (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:49
good player. Would welcome him.

How well does he dovetail alongside evans short ter, because I think he's a medium term replacement for him.

clutch (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:08
It's a difficult one. These so called enforcers aren't exactly common anymore. The last time we signed an Argentinian second row we won the league the season after.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:16
I think the game is changing away from enforcers. But a pack still needs a certain volume of muscle to be able to hold the gain line. Its a hard balance. Your modern day enforcer is an Itoje or AWJ really.

He's listed at something like 115kg, although I suspect thats an old number and he's bulked up a bit since then. SA dont really select 115kg locks do they?

As an aside, Its great that we can sign international players, but it would be nice to demonstrate that recruitment goes beyond "I've got a mate I used to play with at the Lions". Maybe try the stormers or cheetahs too?

thekeg (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:08
Quote:
MartWhit
good player. Would welcome him.
How well does he dovetail alongside evans short ter, because I think he's a medium term replacement for him.

That’s my instinct as well, which seems like a reasonable piece of planning given Evans is going to be 34 just after the start of next season, although they may also see Nott stepping up into that role as well.

clutch (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:34
Not Argentinian. Not sure why I said that.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:04
Mostert cuts the mustard, literally.....and another point, the first time I typed his name it auto-corrected to 'Monster'.

clutch (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:06
Maybe that should be Diamonds New Years signing policy. Appropriate auto corrects

MartWhit (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:16
why will he be singing?

06 January, 2018 20:39
On Fisslers twitter feed there is a plug for tomorrow’s Rugby Paper and also picture of Mostert. Could this now be a done deal ?

StalyShark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:28
Was there anything of note about Mostert's transfer in the Rugby Paper after Fissler's plug?

2007dwain (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:50
Didn’t see anything about him just Barrow

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:27
Is it just me, or is there something really very troubling about "Fissler's Plug"?!?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net