rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Its Goodbye From Me
SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:13
It’s goodbye from me, I have left Sale Sharks after 17 years.

I have worked with some great people at the club, both on and off the field, and there are so many memories that will stay with me forever.

This board to has been fun (mainly) and I have always strived to do my best for YOU the supporters who Brian Kennedy once said ‘Supporter is King’, as without them there is no club. I was given the role of Fans Liaison Manager back in 2007 and am sure I will be judged on the work I did. The Forum has been a challenge at times but mainly fun and I have always tried to respond promptly to queries raised and always answered emails as quickly as possible too.

I wish Simon,Michelle and Ged all the very best in trying to take the club to the highest level possible and in Jon Dorsett the club have an excellent CEO.

Please take care of yourselves

Over and out
Swanny

Re: Its Goodbye From Me
Exatco (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:24
Swanny, may I be the first to say you will be sorely missed. I have enjoyed your comments on here and your contribution to the club has been immense.
Good luck in whatever you move on to next.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:36
Best wishes Swanny and thanks for everything you have done over the past years

iBozz (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:42
Best wishes, Swanny, and enjoy whatever it is you do next.

We haven't always seen eye to eye but I have enjoyed sparring with you, on and off Board, and I always respected your right to be told how wrong you were! grinning smiley

Maybe now you can contribute to this august and highly esteemed forum without having to toe the party line.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:59
Best wishes Swanny, you will be missed.

pitprop (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:11
Best wishes Dave.

jaytom (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:14
Best wishes Swanny! Thanks for everything you've done for the club over the years!

muddydwarf (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:36
All the best Dave - I do hope this move isn't prompted by any health concerns.
Good luck with whatever you try next.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:38
Good luck for the future Swanny and on a personal level, thank you very much for the help that you've given my family in the past.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:46
Echo everything said above. Like iBozz you and I sparred but always with the best interests of the club at heart. Please contact me when you get settled, love to meet up and chew the fat as fellow authors....

yukon (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:07
All the best Swanny, thanks for everything

Timpers (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:12
.. and it's goodbye Swanny from me. All the best for 2018, and for whatever the future holds for you.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:13
Thanks for everything Dave. Your support for the fledgling supporters club was invaluable. Hope you remain a fan, maybe we can be treated to some of your more forthright opinions now the gloves are off.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Olyy (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:45
End of an era!

Good luck in whatever comes next!

JohnJ of HM (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 21:17
Good luck Swanny, you'll be missed.

Cheadle Monkey (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:26
Thanks for all you have done over the years.

23Shark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:50
Thanks for all you have done Swanky and good luck for your future projects!

03 January, 2018 22:57
Best wishes for the future for both you and Carole.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

EdinburghShark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 23:05
Thanks for everything you've done for the club, Swanny, and the great work you've done liaising with the fans on here.

All the best with whatever comes next.

03 January, 2018 23:06
Wow. Left field. Personal thanks for your help with my lads during the EP years. It's been emotional! Good luck fella.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 08:46
...at least you will be able (perhaps) to get a lie-in, your first in seventeen years.

Thanks, Swanny, and best wishes for the future.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 09:17
So sorry to see you leave Sale Sharks. Although we've had plenty of disagreements, you've always put the supporters point of view over to those above you.

I'm sure this board has provided plenty of laughter for you on a Monday morning match debrief meeting.

You'll always be welcome on here and thanks so much for all your help over the years. Will we see you at AJB in a supporting capacity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 09:18 by M5 Shark.

mako (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 10:08
Well this has come as a bit of a shock. End of an era indeed.

We've had our differences, but you've always worked hard and long for what you've seen as the best interests of the club. So well-earned plaudits for that. And, like others, I too have enjoyed the occasional sparring. You'll be missed.

Hope you are fine and very best wishes for the future.

Sale Rugby - from 1861
A BIG name through the years

PFSShark (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 10:10
Thanks very much for all your efforts for the club over the years.All the best for whatever comes next.

brilin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 20:40
Missed you tonight organising the traffic in and out of the stadium. It was rubbish! Seriously, thanks for everything you have done for the supporters and the club. I wish you well in whatever you are doing.

The other 'arf

06 January, 2018 21:34
Wasn't the old duffer in the flat cap on duty then?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 22:19
It's all been said above!

Thanks Swanny and best wishes for the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net