Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Shuttle bus
Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 18:32
For those interested

Re: Shuttle bus
H's Dad... (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 21:21
One wonders why the club aren't making a bigger thing about publicizing this.

ale shark (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 21:42
Why not just give us the details instead of asking us to email for them? Bonkers.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 21:56
Perhaps they're in need of a media manager/supporter liason director?

recycledyorkie2 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 22:26
When do we get a reply? Presumably not at 10pm when I am trying to work out how to get to the game?

pitprop (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 22:31
The number of inbound e-mails might indicate the level of interest, perhaps of uptake. And might be sufficient to lay on a second coach.

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 22:43
H's Dad...
Perhaps they're in need of a media manager/supporter liason director?
Sam Diamond is media and communication manager

04 January, 2018 23:17
Used it for the Bath game return to TC. Two others used it both ways.
Dis mus be da place

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 09:40
There still remains the problem of knowing when the last shuttle returns to the TC after the games.

The Club would like people to visit the Shop and Bars after No Side yet, if you are on the shuttle and having no idea what the imprecise "subject to demand" actually means, it isn't worth the risk of being stranded.

A statement such as "The first shuttle will leave at and the last at In between those two times, the shuttle will run according to demand".

That way, you can stay behind for a chat, drink or whatever, knowing that you can still get back home.

I could never understand why the Club could not grasp that simple concept!

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Tenorshark (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 10:00
Email from Sam Diamond just now

The Trafford Centre Shuttle Bus is a free service and will leave from Stand A at the Trafford Centre bus station.

It will run continuosly from 12:30pm until kickoff utilising the new bridge and road link between the stadium and the Trafford Centre. (Approx every 15-20 Mins)

After the final whistle, The bus will run for approx 1.5Hours (3 trips depending on usage)

Hope this helps folk

ale shark (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 10:09
Cheers Tenor. Why not just say that in the advert???????

Crutch (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:26
Agreed it could be clearer but this is a significantly improved offering (free and more trips) in line with what most on here have argued for in the past. Hopefully a much faster journey with the new bridge too.

hilly07 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:49
Get this right for Sat games and this can be a great pull for both home and away families/groups.
Promote the different things at the TC so one part of the group might stay there - skiing, legoland shopping etc - and the other half of the group can go to and from the match using the joint free parking after lunch timefood.

Even better when the tram goes to the centre.

05 January, 2018 12:15
The traffic on it was very light for the Bath game and the journey was quick once on the new road. I expect the TC to be busier with sales shoppers for this game.

Is the Morson shuttle running too?
Dis mus be da place

rossett shark (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:34
Congratulations on re-instating an improved TC shuttle.

I'd love to know where Mrs T found that ad, as after she posted it I looked on the Sale website & Twitter & couldn't find it, so how a more casual fan would know is beyond me. The travel plan map yesterday showed the Morson & Ladywell P&R but no TC shuttle. Today it shows the TC shuttle & Ladywell P&R! The summary card does not refer to the TC shuttle at all.

All in all it's a mess and you would expect these facilities to be properly advertised to attract more fans. Hopefully this will be sorted by next match.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:37

After the final whistle, The bus will run for approx 1.5Hours (3 trips depending on usage)

Why is it so difficult to give a time for the final shuttle so that those who wish to stay behind for a drink can do so knowing what time they can get the last shuttle?
What good is aprox 1.5 hours in helping us plan our trip home?

The club should be putting out that there will be 3 trips with the last shuttle going at x O'clock.

Crutch (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:55
I've seen this advertised on Facebook also and no doubt it will be on Twitter too.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 13:47
best of luck finding a parking space at the TC...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing