rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Our structure
Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 15:09
There has been a lot of talk about AJ taking time to fit into our structure or it taking time to adjust our structure to fit in with him.

It occurs to me that when we have played clubs with resources to do in depth analysis, we have come unstuck

Is that because we only have one rigid structure that is easy to predict

Perhaps, we need to have a few structures that we can switch between?

Re: Our structure
MartWhit (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 15:51
Clutch spot on. Going forward its a great structure.

What limits it is when the options closer in are not available or convincing, because its primarily geared toward attacking the space outside 13, so if you don't/haven't held the defence then it wont work.

thekeg (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 16:37
I agree that ball carrying, or lack of ball carrying ability, is still our biggest issue. Itís why van cannonball (official nickname now?) has had such a huge impact for us as he gets over the gainline regularly, making quick ball easier to achieve and creating space. Also makes players more wary of drifting earlier as he presents such a threat cutting back in on a line. Itís do much easier to slow down fall if the player isnít breaking the gainline

If our bench loosehead was a significant carrying option that would help help massively in the final 20/25 and i am sure it is something we are looking for in a new lock as well.

clutch (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 19:06
The issue with Evans, as good as he is, is he hangs out wide which doesn't exactly help us sometimes. We just need more bulk and Moore to beast up and be the player we hope he will become. Could be another Fearns type player but a tad slimmer!!

thekeg (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:58
I think wasps have got plenty of good forwards but I still think that the front five isnít their strongest area, which may cause particular issues in the tighter games that semis/finals often turn into. But you are absolutely right, they were damn close last year.....

clutch (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 23:07
They were but I never felt they were going to win. I don't think they are as good this season not withstanding injuries.
Their issue isn't necessarily weakness in specific positions but they have a soft underbelly. Whether that is cultural or coaching I don't know. I love watching them but it big games I'd never back them. Personally I'd love to see a team playing the way they do winning the league but I don't see it.

yukon (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 11:24
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
There has been a lot of talk about AJ taking time to fit into our structure or it taking time to adjust our structure to fit in with him.
It occurs to me that when we have played clubs with resources to do in depth analysis, we have come unstuck

Is that because we only have one rigid structure that is easy to predict

Perhaps, we need to have a few structures that we can switch between?

It took the majority of the Man City squad 12 months to fit into Pep's structure. Sometimes it takes time to be successful

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net