rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Home Game vs Saints 27/01/18 - Change in KO Time
C3Q (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:52
From an email received today:

The kick-off time for the upcoming Anglo-welsh fixture against Northampton Saints on the 27th January has changed from 3 PM to 2 PM. The club would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Re: Home Game vs Saints 27/01/18 - Change in KO Time
iBozz (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:50
Thanks, I had no email so wouldn’t have known this. I’m not sure that I can get there for kick off now. (Sm19)

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:52
I've got the same problem - train tickets are already booked, so it might have to be a taxi from Piccadilly to AJ Bell!

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:01
It would be useful if the Club also amended the kick-off time in the online calendar. It is still showing as a 3pm kick-off

hilly07 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 09:36
Pretty sure the online calendar is not run by the club

iBozz (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 10:45
The late and increasingly lamented and missed Swanny of That Ilk did tell me that the SS subscribable calendar (why not use the one which I maintain?) is run by the RFU(?) and the Club have no control over it.

In initially preparing mine at the start of term and then later maintaining it I have noticed that the terms chocolate teapot and chocolate fireguards spring to mind when comparing the two. That's not SS's fault (although I did offer my humble effort to SS via Swanny to use instead but was rebuffed, as are most offers of help), blame the inept content provider.

I hope to update the iBozz calendar with any unmade changes later today, although the Saints change has been up since first announced.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:11
Quote:
iBozz
The late and increasingly lamented and missed Swanny of That Ilk did tell me that the SS subscribable calendar (why not use the one which I maintain?) is run by the RFU(?) and the Club have no control over it.

Thanks iBozz. I have seamlessly switched to your calendar and am grateful for the fact that it shows all club fixtures and results, unlike the 'official' one. I am further reassured by the knowledge that your diligence will now ensure that I never again suffer the stress and fear of arriving at the ground on the wrong day or at the wrong time......!!!

Thanks again.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:12
"increasingly" iBozz?
I venture to suggest we wouldn't have had JJ and Al. giving crystal clear explanations of some of the perceived shortcomings of the matchday experience on here, if Swanny was still at the helm of supporter liason.
Such improvements in communication should be lauded.
Our perennial "water clarification where appropriate" requests may now be more fruitful... or in edgier board-hyperbole terms:
The mushroom farm already seems to have had some emergency lighting installed since he left.....

Why not submit your offer afresh direct to the right person?....you never know!

iBozz (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:25
A fairish point, H's D, but they aren't Club, they are to the best of my knowledge third party providers.

You may possibly be correct in that Swanny may have prevented them from sticking their heads above the parapet but have any other Club people come on here to "replace" Swanny? If they have then I have overlooked their no doubt excellent contributions.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:35
It would appear that Swanny's replacement has at least permitted the relevant subcontracted 'club people' to speak directly to us...
No need for him to come on here if he continues to let those responsible talk for themselves....although that would indeed also be desirable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2018 11:36 by H's Dad....

Monty9 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:49
To be fair to Swanny he was one of the biggest contributors on here for a long term, both from a personal and professional sense. Rightly or wrongly we all know why he reduced/stopped coming on the board after many years.

I doubt anyone else from the club will do it again.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 13:25
Quote:
Monty9
To be fair to Swanny he was one of the biggest contributors on here for a long term, both from a personal and professional sense. Rightly or wrongly we all know why he reduced/stopped coming on the board after many years.
I doubt anyone else from the club will do it again.
No, we don't know why. If you do, Monty9, please tell us.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 13:42
Pretty sure you do Dave

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 14:20
I can think of at least four that are possible/plausible, but I haven't really got an opinion on the order of significance or their veracity ....[:wor kid:]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2018 14:22 by H's Dad....

Timpers (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 16:52
I don't know, and I didn't get an email (Sm136)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net