rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Team vs Irish
SirBurger (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:42
Irish fan here, was just intrigued as to what you expect your team to be this weekend?

Re: Team vs Irish
07 February, 2018 09:51
Harrison, Webber, John
Evans, Ostrikov,
Ross, Curry B, Strauss

Faf, James S
Yarde, Jennings/James L, Addison, Solomona (if available)
Haley

Bench Flynn, Jones, Aulika, Beaumont, Ioane, Cliff, O'Connor, Charnley

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 09:58 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

45jumper (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:17
The pack basically picks itself, but the backs are a bit more threadbare as Jennings still doesn't appear to be fit. Luke James has looked great recently so deserves a start at 12. Addison is hopefully fit otherwise we look a bit callow in the centres. I'm also presuming Solomona isn't available due to his England training. If he is then I'd start him with Charnley dropping to the bench.
It's unclear whether O'Connor is fit or not. If he is, I'd have him on the bench as he lacks a bit of match practice, and to throw him in at 10 would be putting too much pressure on him. There's an argument for having him at 12 but as I said, Luke James has done more than enough IMO.

Haley
Yarde
Addison
L James
Charnley
S James
De Klerk

Harrison
Webber
John
Evans
Ostrikov
Ross
Curry
Strauss

Reps
Jones, Flynn, Aulika, Beaumont, Ioane, Cliff, O'Connor, Odogwu/Redpath

MartWhit (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:22
I dont think we can rule out Beaumont partnering Evans in the 2nd row.

Outside that its hard to see any options for us in the backs. O'Connor has had no rugby to suddenly make him playmaker, even off the bench is tough on him.

Redpath wont play because he's playing for the U20's. I suspect Denny will play for us.

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:39
Starting to look like Bath with the number of ex london irish players (Sm100)
Looking forward to the game!

Olyy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:16
Quote:
fatlad76
Starting to look like Bath with the number of ex london irish players (Sm100)

Mulchrone, Bell, McLean winking smiley

Crutch (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:49
I understand the comments, and I'm pleased Luke James is looking like a viable squad option, but I'd be pretty surprised if JoC doesn't start.

His interview states he's been training pretty hard in Oz so don't think he'll necessarily be eased back in.

07 February, 2018 18:16
Solomona retained.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Rich E (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:25
First post of the team pretty well nails it for me; the only question is whether JOC plays or not at 12.....his chance to make a real difference. What better aginst his previous UK employer and in Reading as well.

It, to me, will indicate how highly he is thought of by the management.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:57
With Jennings supposedly still out I really would be surprised if Dimes didnít go for the dual playmaker option of S James and JOC at 10 and 12. Yes Luke did well but it would be a bit damning if JOC if Luke started before him, especially as JOC was interviewed by the offy about the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 20:34 by StalyShark.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:19
JOC starts. Heís highly thought of, thatís why he was signed and why heís been a fixture since fit, at either 10 or 15. I also think Beaumont starts - heís been given match fitness time for a reason. My team:

Harrison
Webber
John
Evans
Beaumont
Ross
B Curry
Strauss

De Klerk
Sam James
Yarde
Luke James
Addison
Solomona
JOC

Bench: Flynn, Jones, Aulika, Ostrikov, Neild, Nott, Cliff, Haley

If Solomona isnít released back to us from the 25 announced today, Charnley starts.
Hardest choice for me is Nott over TJ on the bench. In the end Iíve gone for EQP status and because Nott can cover as flanker in theory, with Ross and Strauss the viable 8s. It would be harsh to imagine Andrei out of the 23 altogether given his form and so Iíve kept him on the bench with Beaumont starting.

We shall see!

07 February, 2018 21:10
JOC at 12, Haley at 15 I reckon

Olyy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:02
Aye, I'd be very very surprised if JOC isn't starting,

My guess is JOC at 10 and James 12, but realistically it not mattering who has which number on their back as they'll chop and change throughout the match like Ford and Farrell do for England.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 01:08
I assume the hard training JOC has been doing out here wasn't contact training, so it is possible that there is an injury, but I don't recall any mention of one (though that is not unusual). I think it almost inconceivable that he won't start if fit with Olyy's scenario my favourite.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 14:16
13/15 when factoring in calling Charnley in place of Solomona if he was retained. Iíll take that! 19/23 including the subs too - off to buy my lotto ticket now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net