rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Jets
Tenorshark (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 13:05
Just looking on the off and it says we've a game vs Leicester A tomorrow at Heywood road? Anyone heard anything about it/is it still going ahead...

Re: Jets
iBozz (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 14:05
Iím turning up so it had better go ahead!

In the interim Iíll ask at HR.

EDIT: there sems tombe a bit of confusion, please chck this thread before setting out for Heywood Road. Whether the game is on or not will be postd here when Imhave an answer.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 15:04 by iBozz.

iBozz (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 15:53
Notwithstanding the fixture shown on the Sale Sharks Iffy THERE IS NO JETS GAME AT HEYWOOD ROAD tomorrow Monday, 12th March 2018.

To find out whether the fixture is to be played elsewhere or not at all you will have to contact Sale Sharks and not Sale FC.

I will try to post information about the game shown by Sale Sharks as being atnHeywood Road the following Monday, 19th March, when the situation has been clarified.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 16:06 by iBozz.

iBozz (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 16:05
I shall have to choose my words carefully here, but I canít help trying to recall an expression (itís on the tip of my tongue but not quite there) about an inability to organise festivities in premises normally set aside for the fermentation of ales, stouts and porters.

Barend (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:56
It may have originally been planned but then postponed due to the Academy finals day that took place today. I assume a few of the squad would have been involved.

The U18 side lost to Harlequins - I think it was 34-29.

johneverton (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 21:03
Hope you don't mind me nipping in here.

Indeed, the Jets v. Tigers game scheduled for tomorrow (Mar 12th) has been postponed at Leicester's request. It will be played a fortnight hence (Mar 26th).

Hopefully, the HR pitch will have the chance to dry out - it's muddier than usual at the moment.

The fixtures on the offy come under the control of Premiership Rugby.

I'm returning to work tomorrow after some compassionate leave, and will make sure that our supporters are kept fully informed of developments. Worcester are the next visitors in the 'A'League on Monday week, the 19th.

Regards
John

iBozz (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 21:12
Quote:
johneverton
Hopefully, the HR pitch will have the chance to dry out - it's muddier than usual at the moment.

An understatement only appreciated by Clwb Rygbi Llangefni, I suspect! I watched them entertain Clwb Rygbi Llandudno at Cae Smyrna in January and, after less than five minutes, it was impossible to tell which team was which! I doubt that there was a blade of grass to be seen anywhere on the park, it was just "wall to wall" sticky mud.

Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 11:55
Quote:
Barend
It may have originally been planned but then postponed due to the Academy finals day that took place today. I assume a few of the squad would have been involved.
The U18 side lost to Harlequins - I think it was 34-29.

Just on that, sure the U18's will be dissapointed having been leading at half time, but put in a very clinical display and did well to deal with the pressure Quins put on them. A slightly strange yellow card didn't help matters. But some really good performances, especially from England U18 Kieran Wilkinson. Have written up a report for those interested here.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 20:49
Might not be the right thread but didnít want to start a new one.

A lot of mentions for our under 18s from the finals day. Production line looks healthy:

[www.rugbypass.com]

johneverton (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 19:33
Can confirm that the Jets face Worcester Cavaliers next Monday 19th March (ko 7.30pm) at Heywood Road in the Aviva 'A' League.

snaderson (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 11:54
Thanks, JE. Aiming to be there.

Teams up on the offy

15. Nathan Pope; 14.Wes Hamilton, 13.Jamie Cooke, 12.Mark Laurence, 11.Paolo Odogwu; 10.Kieran Wilkinson, 9.Matt Sturgess; 1.James Flynn, 2.Curtis Langdon, 3.Jake Pope, 4.Matt Postlethwaite, 5.Charlie Pozniak, 6.Ciaran Booth, 7.Stone Priestley-Nangle, 8.Sam Dugdale.
Replacements 16.Nic Dolly, 17.Monty Weatherby, 18.Joe Kelly, 19.Josef Murphy, 20.Tom Burns, 21.Cam Crampton, 22.Max Rodman, 23.Dougie Flockhart

MartWhit (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 12:13
good to see Sturgess back on the field.

Interesting playing Pope at Tight head. I think the selections of he, Flynn & Postlethwaite are partly to give gametime but also a recognition that this team has needed a stronger platform to play off this year.

19 March, 2018 12:48
Stone Priestley-Nangle??? Isn't that something they get up to in seminaries?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

clutch (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 12:59
That's the best name I've ever heard!

Is this fella any good? Who cares. Play him anyway instead of one of the Curry's.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 14:00
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Was at tigers a bit ago came through the academy

One game i saw him in the LV cup game v you guys in 2015.

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 15:36
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales

I'm sure I remember that chap. 4th Remove I think. Friend of Bunty's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net