rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

VOTE for SSSC 2018 AWARDS
Basque-ing Shark (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 20:32
http://www.salesupporters.co.uk/s/cc_images/teaserbox_2478357324.jpg?t=1522415576

Voting is now closed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2018 12:25 by Basque-ing Shark.

Re: VOTE for SSSC 2018 AWARDS
10 April, 2018 16:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 12:54 by Basque-ing Shark.

16 April, 2018 12:55
(Sm122)BUMP

iBozz (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:07
I know that I and a couple of others are lone voices and I’m probably one of the few old enough to remember, but without:

Jim Birtles - Sale FC, and thus Sale Sharks, would undoubtedly not exist without him. Almost single-handedly he kept the Sale FC going and consequently from lermamant collapse during the Second World War, assuming virtually every Committee position simultaneously!

Paul Turner - An inspirational, albeit “mercurial”, character and probably the most entertaining and unpredictable player that I have ever seen. Between 1992 and 1996 he reversed the then somewhat erratic fortunes of Sale FC and made us into what was known as a “Club team” before the rugby union leagues were formed. Had he not done so, I doubt that Sale FC would have been of a standard to allow Sale Sharks to become the Premiership Club of today.

Is there some way of recognising these two essential Gentlemen in our History for their outstanding contributions in allowing us to be where we are today?

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 10:29 by iBozz.

clutch (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:15
How did Ben Cohen win player of the year!!!!

Not a member but my thoughts.

Player of year and new player Jono Ross

Unsung hero Rob Webber

23 April, 2018 12:36
IBozz - I will put your thoughts to the SSSC Committee on your behalf.

clutch - Ben Cohen was voted 'Player of the Year' by SSSC Members in 2011.

02 May, 2018 17:01
So who won what?

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 18:53
Tarus won the Selorm Kuadey award. Johnny L won a long service award or similar, that’s what I saw from twitter.

I couldn’t go as my better half was working and I was covering kids, looked like a good night with lots of players there.

camshark (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:04
Quote:
Pappje Shark
Tarus won the Selorm Kuadey award. Johnny L won a long service award or similar, that’s what I saw from twitter.
I couldn’t go as my better half was working and I was covering kids, looked like a good night with lots of players there.

Dave Seymour hall of fame , Jono newcomer and Faf player of the year, Ross H , unsung hero.
Have been to a number of these events, and the atmosphere at this one was the best , players as always very accommodating , lots of time for photos, each table had between 2-3 players all of whom were approachable and insightful .
The new suite and food at Heywood Road were excellent .
Thanks to Dimes , Simon and the players and of course SSSC for an excellent evening .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 20:08 by camshark.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:47
Thanks Camshark. One year I’ll make it - I do have some very persuasive SSSC members who sit behind me!

clutch (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 21:53
Glad both Jono and Faff shared the awards.

Olyy (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 22:20
Johnny's thoughts on winning Outstanding Contribution to the Club:

https://i.imgur.com/zNHCNWQ.png

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net