rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Paddy Jackson pre-contract
saleawaywithme (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 22:46
What The Sun doesn't say is whether the pre-contract and agreed terms they claim to have seen was ripped up or intact. In which case PJ may appear for pre season when the dust settles a bit.
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Re: Paddy Jackson pre-contract
Crutch (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 22:53
£1m for a 3 year deal doesn't sound like that much of a bargain - don't believe we'd have been in for a 10 at that price.

saleawaywithme (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 23:05
Certainly a lot more than the 250k pa he was on but the £1 million figure does make a better headline for The Sun than a 6 figure one. Sam Diamond is a least a bit more vague than his father smiling smiley Not quite a denial, just no comment.
When asked if they could explain why there was a signed agreement, Sharks media manager Sam Diamond responded: ďThe club are not making a comment on it ó there is no comment to be made.Ē

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 23:06 by saleawaywithme.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 08:18
Heads of terms evidence serious intent and have moral force, but do not legally compel the parties to conclude the deal on those terms or even at all. However, provisions relating to confidentiality and costs may be binding on the parties.
The above sums it up so no big deal in getting out of it..

Olyy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 09:39
"Angry denial" "publicly slammed" - neither of which is true.

Rumours before were that we were going to get him on under 300k a season.
Red tops have no idea about rugby and rugby salaries though, not long ago one said Foden was on 750k a season, or something along those lines.

stevene (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 10:10
I believe it was 250k per annum plus incentives and olding was in the 150-200k plus incentives. considering faf de klerk is rumoured to be on 400-500k then 250k for a irish international 10-12 could be considered 'cut price'.

i suspect cipriani was looking for 300-400k (plus incentives) when his agent approached sale earlier this year.

thekeg (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 11:04
Quote:
Crutch
£1m for a 3 year deal doesn't sound like that much of a bargain - don't believe we'd have been in for a 10 at that price.

I think thatís still ďcheapĒ for an international quality 10. Heard that Owen Williams, to give one example, went to Gloucester on more than that

ale shark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 11:07
Quote:
stevene
I believe it was 250k per annum plus incentives and olding was in the 150-200k plus incentives. considering faf de klerk is rumoured to be on 400-500k then 250k for a irish international 10-12 could be considered 'cut price'.
i suspect cipriani was looking for 300-400k (plus incentives) when his agent approached sale earlier this year.

Crazy wages, there's only about 50 top flight professional clubs in the world and almost of them make a loss. Iím not saying the players are being greedy but theyíre bankrupting something thatís barely sustainable. There really does need to be a readjustment of demands and expectation at some point soon. Perhaps Wasps hitting the buffers will do that.

thekeg (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 11:40
Surprised that people are surprised at the figures here....

The cap is £7million. If you have 40 players in a squad thatís £175,000 on average.

clutch (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 13:11
And we have 32 donít we?!! Are jets exempt. How does that work? Can they only play a max amount before counting on the salary cap?

stevene (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 13:25
cap is £7m plus marquee players....

23Shark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:05
Which we don't have as we dont spend up to the cap....

Yareet (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:37
Quote:
23Shark
Which we don't have as we dont spend up to the cap....

That doesn't necessarily follow. We might spend £6.5mn plus £500k each for Faf and JOC.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not saying we are spending this but rather that we could have two marquee players and still not be spending up to the cap.

Not even sure we could bring JOC in as a marquee as he's played for another Prem club.

thekeg (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:46
Quote:
stevene
cap is £7m plus marquee players....

Yes, so the average wage in the cap goes up....

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:47
Quote:
clutch
And we have 32 donít we?!! Are jets exempt. How does that work? Can they only play a max amount before counting on the salary cap?
There are academy credits that aren't included in the cap.

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:12
Added to the above, players can not be deemed marquee players if they have come directly from other Prem clubs or played in the competition in the past 12 months, therefore JOC could be a marquee player having come from Toulon.

ale shark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:19
So if Gloucester sign both Cipriani and RJVR then neither are marquee? Thatís a pretty sizeable chuck of their cap, regardless of who is leaving them.

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:07
That's the rule from my understanding!

emerging shark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:00
Thread hijacked. It was about Jackson's pre contract...who knows the financial in's and outs...

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 10:16
Usually it's the piper who decides if such a contract is formalized and signed. He has to think of the adverse publicity, and potential loss of reputation/revenue. All a result of Red Top morality?

Sadly many of those that condemn on the basis of the details of the backstory don't stop to reflect on the mysogenistic nature of a lot of young sportsmen's banter. Alcohol-fuelled stuff they would all regret if it ever came into the public domain. Very few live up to the expectations of the public.

IOL Shark (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 11:14
Iíve no inside knowledge on this but I suspect Jackson will still be heading to Sale once the dust has settled. I wouldnít be surprised if it doesnít get formally announced, just leaked through the press once pre-season training starts and heís visible at Carrington.
My views, for what theyíre worth, are that what he did was wrong and completely unacceptable. However, I also believe in the second chance principle. What he did was no worse than Jason Robinson did at the same age and (arguably) Cips, Rob Webber and James OíC. Yet they were all given a chance to redeem themselves by getting their heads down, concentrating on the sport and adding value to the club. No-one can argue that they havenít achieved this and become an accepted (and respected) part of Sale (current and historically).
Iím willing to see him in the shirt and give him the chance. If he fails to take the opportunity and shows no sign of changing his ways Iíd be the first to call for him to move on. Iíve a 11 year old daughter (and 9 year old son) who has been a season ticket holder for the last 4-5 years, who regularly meets the players and gets high fives from them at the end of each game, so Iíve a vested interest in our players setting an appropriate standard (on and off the field) that she can look up to.
If Jackson can show he knows he did wrong and is willing to work hard to change, then I see that as a positive example to follow. We all make mistakes, but it is how we learn from those mistakes that counts!

clutch (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:01
A fine post, good enough to close all debate on the subject in my opinion.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:07
Quote:
IOL Shark

If Jackson can show he knows he did wrong and is willing to work hard to change,

If he comes (I donít think he will, but have no inside knowledge) this will be absolutely vital.

IOL Shark (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:29
100% agree MikeGC and I think the key to his whole future wherever he goes

Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 18:55
As a female supporter, it wouldn't bother me if we sign him and the drama surrounding all this is ridiculous. I read the 'transcript' of his messages on the internet and I have heard worse while in the pub with my husband, or on public transport. I would be more than happy for Sale to sign him, and can give the examples of players we have - Webber drink driving on the M6 and having to pull into services to vomit then fall asleep, O'Connor arrested along with a mate for drugs, and have had - DC avoiding a drink driving charges for months - as far worse examples of behaviour yet all three of them are still employed and playing the game they love.
I'd rather have someone who may be a little bit lewd than someone who thinks nothing of sinking a good few pints then getting behind the wheel of a car and driving home without considering the consequences if they hit another vehicle or pedestrians.

clutch (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 20:41
Good to hear a female perspective.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 00:01
Who's "Wrecking rugby" now, Steve?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 00:02 by Rinkadink.

yukon (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 04:13
Quote:
Rinkadink
Who's "Wrecking rugby" now, Steve?

Bristol. Sorry, ďthe bearsĒ (Sm22)

45jumper (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:24
Excellent post Rani, a very balanced view of it all (Sm152)

Oldham Shark II (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:39
And will undoubtedly upset the pseudo-liberal intelligentsia on here that have decided 'lewd' equals misogyny, and any perpetrators should be assigned a life of unemployment and damnation. (As is their right under freedom of speech).

rossett shark (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:21
Quote:
Oldham Shark II
And will undoubtedly upset the pseudo-liberal intelligentsia on here that have decided 'lewd' equals misogyny, and any perpetrators should be assigned a life of unemployment and damnation. (As is their right under freedom of speech).

I must admit when you look at what PJ wrote there are far far worse things said up and down the land. I discussed this with my wife & I expected her to take a hard line but she did not. He was found not guilty and he made a comment on private media that he would not want in the public domain. A lot of the outrage I feel is from people who will then move on to the next "cause".

I'm with Rani, drink driving was far worse but did not attract the social media crusaders.

JimJam350 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 12:33
Quote:
Oldham Shark II

Clearly it also pleases those mind-readers amongst us who know so much about the motivation and thought processes of others that they are able to label them accordingly.

As of course is their right under freedom of speech.

Even if it does make them look quite ridiculous.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 15:09
Quote:
JimJam350
Quote:
Oldham Shark II

Clearly it also pleases those mind-readers amongst us who know so much about the motivation and thought processes of others that they are able to label them accordingly.

As of course is their right under freedom of speech.

Even if it does make them look quite ridiculous.

How so?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 15:09 by Chris1850.

LJK (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 15:43
Rani and IOL are the best postings on this subject... I gave up reading the stuff on the previous thread of 300+ postings.
The guys were stupid and should realise the likelihood of this foul stuff getting out in this crazy social media world But,they were not potential killers of innocent people, as were the players who got behind the wheel and drove after drinking. Those players get a second chance so why are disgraceful media posters any different?

17 May, 2018 17:47
Thank you to those who have responded positively, and to IOL for his/her sensible words too. If he turns up at Sale then so be it, and I'd rather the management and owners took that chance instead of being pilloried by the red tops and people who live to be offended than left him on the shelf. We need decent players and he fits the bill. After discussing it with the other half, he said it's sponsors that usually panic first (like the Irish league ones) and maybe they started threatening the club so I guess that may be a reason. A shame if so.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:25
Anyone know if Jackson has ever played full back?

clutch (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:54
Or prop

StalyShark (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 19:06
Or hooker?

17 May, 2018 19:12
Quote:
StalyShark
Or hooker?

Stop it!! Now you're just teasing!!

23 May, 2018 21:59
Quote:
Oldham Shark II

Careful that you don't get any naked flames too near that straw man you've built there.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:13
Quote:
Cap'n Major Bloodnok
Quote:
Oldham Shark II

Careful that you don't get any naked flames too near that straw man you've built there.
However, it doesn't alter the fact that Oldham is correct: lewd does not equal misogyny.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:10
Both however cause offense and are disrespectfull towards women. Both are highly flammable/inflammatory.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:13
Quote:
H's Dad...
Both however cause offense and are disrespectfull towards women. Both are highly flammable/inflammatory.

Lewdness isn't restricted to the male of the species, so I'm not sure how you think that it is uniquely disrespectful towards women?

WillC (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:21
Quote:
H's D
Both however cause offense and are disrespectfull towards women.

Absolutely correct, Cap'n it's "straw person" if you don't mind (Sm100)

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:08
Nor is mysogeny restricted to men, some women are also afflicted. Not that I suggested lewdness is unquely applied to women of course, GOS.

Sussex Shark (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 20:04
From rugbyinsideline on twitter: As reported yesterday, we have also heard that Paddy Jackson has signed for Perpignan. This comes after the potential move to Sale Sharks went south. [t.co]

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 20:21
Lewdness is not necessarily disrespectful to either gender, however much some might want it to be so.

01 June, 2018 10:35
I couldn't help thinking about the threads about Jackson at the weekend. Sitting in the sun outside The Commercial in Uppermill at the weekend, there were three ladies around 45-50yrs old on the next table. Their conversation was quite clear as they discussed a group of 20+ lads across the way. It centred on deciding which was most gorgeous, had the nicest bum, what they'd like to do to them etc. Then it was the turn of some of the boys that their teenage daughters brought round the house discussed with equal verve. It just made me think of their potential reaction of those women upon hearing 50yr old men discussing teenage girls. I think their perspective might have been a tad different. I wish I had recorded them, put it on Faceache and demanded that they get sacked from their jobs and be put on a register somewhere. Young men need protecting.

isitme (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 11:54
Or the objectification of Aiden Turner on the front of at least three national newspapers today.

Yareet (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 11:56
Quote:
Oldham Shark II
I couldn't help thinking about the threads about Jackson at the weekend. Sitting in the sun outside The Commercial in Uppermill at the weekend, there were three ladies around 45-50yrs old on the next table. Their conversation was quite clear as they discussed a group of 20+ lads across the way. It centred on deciding which was most gorgeous, had the nicest bum, what they'd like to do to them etc. Then it was the turn of some of the boys that their teenage daughters brought round the house discussed with equal verve. It just made me think of their potential reaction of those women upon hearing 50yr old men discussing teenage girls. I think their perspective might have been a tad different. I wish I had recorded them, put it on Faceache and demanded that they get sacked from their jobs and be put on a register somewhere. Young men need protecting.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

samlee99 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 12:18
People should be allowed to behave as disgracefully as they like without sanction.

As long as they sign for Sale.

01 June, 2018 13:42
Quote:
Oldham Shark II

You should have taken their names and reported them for all sorts of newly perceived/invented crimes and had them all arrested and shot and then sacked and then pilloried on social media for the horrific monsters that they are. Sorry? Did someone say that's a bit of an over-reaction? Tell that to Jackson and Olding.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 14:35
Truly pathetic.

Yorkiesale (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 19:28
The only thing that is pathetic is that innocent men have been driven away from our team by keyboard warriors..

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 09:07
Quote:
Yorkiesale
The only thing that is pathetic is that innocent men have been driven away from our team by keyboard warriors..

Yep, I agree. I expect the same people will moan if AJ gets injured and we have no back up FH

MikeGC (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 11:47
Quote:
Yorkiesale

A leap of faith that the speculation that this chap was ever joining the Sharks was even vaguely true.

I guess weíll never know unless it comes out in his or Diamond's autobiography

samlee99 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 12:57
Some people here would have defended Ian Brady had he been likely to sign for Sale.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 16:19
Samlee.... are you Siggy89 in disguise?

yukon (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 20:26
Quote:
Monty9
Samlee.... are you Siggy89 in disguise?

Donít feed the troll!

Monty9 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 20:49
Itís fun though Yukon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2018 20:57 by Monty9.

yukon (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 22:33
Quote:
Monty9
Itís fun though Yukon

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!!

samlee99 (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 11:17
Quote:
yukon
Quote:
Monty9
Itís fun though Yukon

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!!

Fair enough, I won't argue with you then!

IOL Shark (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 12:49
Quote:
samlee99
Some people here would have defended Ian Brady had he been likely to sign for Sale.
I think comparing Ian Brady to the Jackson situation is pretty crass. Jackson was stupid and what he did was unacceptable, but he has been found not to have been guilty of a criminal offence and has apologised. Heís been punished for his stupidity through losing his job and almost certainly having to take a pay cut to work again. Heís also been vilified by the press and social media, which may have had an impact on him physically, mentally and on his reputation.
If he signed for Sale I would be wary but happy to give him a chance to redeem himself.
To compare any of his actions to the vile and evil deeds of a child torture and murderer is quite frankly (and to quote your own words) truly pathetic!

03 June, 2018 14:25
Quote:
IOL Shark
Quote:
samlee99
I think comparing Ian Brady to the Jackson situation is pretty crass. Jackson was stupid and what he did was unacceptable, but he has been found not to have been guilty of a criminal offence and has apologised. Heís been punished for his stupidity through losing his job and almost certainly having to take a pay cut to work again. Heís also been vilified by the press and social media, which may have had an impact on him physically, mentally and on his reputation.
If he signed for Sale I would be wary but happy to give him a chance to redeem himself.
To compare any of his actions to the vile and evil deeds of a child torture and murderer is quite frankly (and to quote your own words) truly pathetic!

I agree totally with what IOL said. Your comment samlee99 is despicable, and totally illustrative of the over-reaction from the type of people who riddle our society who are desperate to be offended, and then try to justify their ridiculous comments with something even more offensive. Jackson was found NOT GUILTY in a court of law yet judged by people who know nothing via social media; Ian Brady kidnapped, brutally tortured and then killed FIVE CHILDREN. Hardly comparable in any reasonable thinking person's mind.
You need to take time to THINK before you speak, or in this situation type. As my Granny used you say that's why you have TWO ears and ONE mouth.

03 June, 2018 18:23
Quote:
samlee99

Wrong on just about every level. Extraordinary comment.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 19:19
Despite being one of e "pseudo liberal keyboard warriors" or something like that, I too find the Brady analogy pretty tasteless, even as hyperbole.

23Shark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 13:24
Think the mods/admins should just ban him and be done with it. Can't feed the trolls if they can't post!

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 13:47
Whilst that Brady comment may be considered offensive, and I find the moral high ground stance verging on the ridiculous, he (assuming it is a he of course) has done nothing worthy of a ban.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

samlee99 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 13:55
Quote:
Rani of the Road
Quote:
IOL Shark
Quote:
samlee99

I agree totally with what IOL said. Your comment samlee99 is despicable, and totally illustrative of the over-reaction from the type of people who riddle our society who are desperate to be offended, and then try to justify their ridiculous comments with something even more offensive. Jackson was found NOT GUILTY in a court of law yet judged by people who know nothing via social media; Ian Brady kidnapped, brutally tortured and then killed FIVE CHILDREN. Hardly comparable in any reasonable thinking person's mind.
You need to take time to THINK before you speak, or in this situation type. As my Granny used you say that's why you have TWO ears and ONE mouth.

No it's a logical next step from the garbage posted on here by the hypocrites who condemn appalling behaviour from players not connected to Sale but who willingly forgive the appalling behaviour from those associated with the club.

Shout and scream all you like but you would have more credibility if you directed your indignation at the real hypocrites.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 15:19
No way, donít ban Siggy/Samlee. They exist to remind us that life could be much worse. Long live the trolls.

Plus it wonít be long till they get so offended that they tell us they will never be back then register another user name and return anyway.

Itís all good fun.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:53
Definition of a troll here - someone who posts something that is too close to the truth for certain individuals to feel comfortable with.

Don't ban the hypocrites either. They exist to remind us that life could indeed be worse - as in their sad blinkered lives.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 18:30
No doubt it's because I'm getting old, but I do miss the days when we could "disagree without being disagreeable".

StalyShark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 19:00
Moderators, please can we can this thread as itís bickering keyboard warriors again. Get over yourselves, the rest of us arenít interested.

Jackson to Perpignan would be much better for him than to us.

Tigger (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 20:37
As a poster I find the comparison of what happened with Jackson and Sale with Brady as stupid at best. There are many more comparisons you could have used...but not a mass murderer of children. I agree with IOM, Rani and Poyton....

As a mod/ed I have to admit I came close to deleting the post.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 21:28
Quote:
samlee99

Possibly the most ridiculous and crass post I've ever seen on this board.

ale shark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 21:55
Sam - if youíd used the case of Luke McCormick youíd have had a point.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 10:50
Quote:
StalyShark
Moderators, please can we can this thread as itís bickering keyboard warriors again. Get over yourselves, the rest of us arenít interested.

Absolutely. But do it for all the other threads where hypocrisy rules.

Otherwise it's just more hypocrisy.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 19:09
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
StalyShark

I suspect that you need to look in the mirror if you are now spouting hypocrisy. Or are you really so virtuous?

WillC (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 09:36
Quote:
sammylee99
Quote:
StalyShark

The hypocrite railing against hypocrisy!!! (Sm6) Brilliant!!

samlee99 (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 15:46
The hypocrisy is those defending the behaviour of players associated with Sale whilst criticsing the behaviour of players not associated with the club.

Even a six year old would be intelligent enough to see that.

Easy to see why some here struggle with the concept though.

clutch (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 16:16
No fan would ever condone the signing of Brady.

With frequent hunger strikes, he would never have stood up to the demands of full time professional rugby.

Crutch (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 17:23
Is it just me whose confused on this one or have I missed something by not going back over this whole thread?

Lack of condemnation of players because they play for us?

Webber - consistently condemned on the board for drink driving, I don't recall anyone saying otherwise. Would we say the same about a player at another club - yes. Would we expect to sack the player or another club to do so - no.

JoC - again criticised for recreational non-performance enhancing actions. Some concerns raised about impact on club culture. Not inconsistent with how anyone would feel about similar actions of a player signed at another club.

DC - strongly condemned for drink driving and more so for trying to find a legal loophole. Again I can't see how this is different to how we would view a similar case at another club.

Jackson & Olding - after the initial outcry where I'm not sure how much people knew about details of the case, the general consensus was that they were found not guilty and whilst private messages were fairly grim it would be reasonable for them to be given another shot to rebuild their careers. Some posters took a harsher stand in terms of the players behaviour and wouldn't have wanted to see the players at Sale - fair enough it's their opinion.

Both players appear to have signed elsewhere with little comment, but I'd expect the majority are consistent in their view that they should have the chance to play again, and moving to France at separate clubs seems the best route to move on. The only hypocritical thing I could see would be if some of those who didn't want them to play at Sale would be OK with them playing in France?

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 09:50
Confirmed now on beeb- Jackson to Perpignan

grunter (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 10:05
Some of you guys might be disappointed that he is going to France but I believe that Sale have dodged a bullet here.

WillC (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 10:53
Quote:
grunter
Some of you guys might be disappointed that he is going to France but I believe that Sale have dodged a bullet here.

I find this more and more odd. There seems to be a suggestion that his character is somehow flawed.

The Ulster players issued a statement saying that they were disappointed that these 2 had been sacked - they wouldn't have done that if they hated these guys!

Based, in Jackson's case, on frankly a single Whatsapp message he will never play for Ireland (or for an Irish province) ever again. An international quality 10 will be playing for another team - which bullet exactly have we dodged??

DC10 on the other hand, has a conviction for drink driving, which he tried to avoid, has a pretty long history of falling out with team mates and got a stripper pregnant a couple of years ago - but most people think he should pay for England in the the current test series and Glaws are delighted that he will be theirs next season.

I'm a bit baffled y this whole sorry affair.

*f1* (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 10:58
he did not have a proper training, let alone game time, for a year

big gamble for USAP in their relegation battle

ale shark (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 13:31
Quote:
WillC

I wouldnít bother trying to understand WillC, youíll just end up wasting your life as much as these pious, sanctimonious, hypocritical bores with their little petitions and twitter trolling of any associated commercial enterprise. Itís a shame such a voice is given to such a tiny minority but your life will become as pointless as theirs if you devote any more time thinking about it.

I hope Jackson flourishes at his new club, Sexton will be 34 after the next world cup. Jackson will end with far more Ireland caps than many others.

I hope the people who bleat the loudest never get falsely accused of a crime they didnít commit and become subject to a lifetime of punishment for a crime they didnít commit.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 13:59
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
WillC
ter the next world cup. Jackson will end with far more Ireland caps than many others.

I hope the people who bleat the loudest never get falsely accused of a crime they didnít commit and become subject to a lifetime of punishment for a crime they didnít commit.

I would hope the people who bleat the loudest and give spurious examples totally unconnected with what is being argued would actually listen to what others are posting rather than simply throw out infantile childish insults. But it won't happen will it? They will instead have a lifetime of behaving like spoilt six year olds.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 14:09
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
WillC
ter the next world cup. Jackson will end with far more Ireland caps than many others.

I would hope the people who bleat the loudest and give spurious examples totally unconnected with what is being argued would actually listen to what others are posting rather than simply throw out infantile childish insults. But it won't happen will it? They will instead have a lifetime of behaving like spoilt six year olds.

The most "spurious example" used in this thread was your ridiculous analogy with Ian Brady which has to be one of the most crass and ill-considered remarks made on this board. Ever.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 19:36
Absolutely, Chris, besides which how do you "listen to what others have posting"? (Yes, I know there is software that can do that but I doubt samlee99, age four, knows it exists. (Pause, to expect yet another ridiculous pre-infantile retort from samlee.)

samlee99 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 13:47
Lots of insults from the hypocrites but very little intelligence.

Still that's what clearly passes for debate on this board - simply insult and abuse those you disagree with.

It really is quite pathetic.

11 June, 2018 18:11
Quote:
samlee99
Still that's what clearly passes for debate on this board - simply insult and abuse those you disagree with.

If you don't like it you can post somewhere else.

Neither player has signed for Sale, our sponsors didn't approve.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 19:25
Quote:
samlee99

erm, I see to recall that you started by insulting and abusing those with whom you didn't agree. If you can't take it (and obviously you can't) then don't start it.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 20:30
Sorry in advance moderators but....

Samlee/Siggy is clearly just a bell end, whoís just looking for somewhere to feed their constant need to find offence in anything and everything.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 22:26
Iím astonished that you are all still encouraging further shenanigans. This thread should have expired about a week ago but people canít resist continually poking samlee99

samlee99 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:20
Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
samlee99

erm, I see to recall that you started by insulting and abusing those with whom you didn't agree. If you can't take it (and obviously you can't) then don't start it.

I didn't abuse or insult anyone. I offered my view. The abuse and insults have come from the hypocrites and those who seek to defend them.

It is truly pathetic.

Tigger (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:28
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
samlee99

I didn't abuse or insult anyone. I offered my view. The abuse and insults have come from the hypocrites and those who seek to defend them.

It is truly pathetic.

You offered your view but haven't taken anyone's view on board...you just call them hypocrite....try arguing the points raised instead.

It's time to let this thread die a natural death.

If people feel so strongly about this write a front page story and send it to me.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 12:37
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
samlee99

It is truly pathetic.

You offered your view but haven't taken anyone's view on board...you just call them hypocrite....try arguing the points raised instead.

It's time to let this thread die a natural death.

If people feel so strongly about this write a front page story and send it to me.

Arguing the points with people who tell lies about me and offer nothing but abuse?

Time you opened your eyes and directed your advice to them. Until then you are just another hypocrite.

13 June, 2018 15:38
Samlee - by failing to retract or even recognise the crass nature of your Ian Brady comment, I'm afraid you have lost all credibility as a reasoned debater or poster. Ironic in the extreme that you label others as hypocrites.

I can only assume that you are too young to remember the infamous Brady/Hindley case, or to have seen any of the many documentaries about it which have been aired over the years revealing the details thereof. I suggest you do some research and hopefully realise how OTT and inappropriate your comment was. Frankly, it reflects badly on you and undermines all your subsequent posts.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 16:58
Quote:
Strinesian Saleanian
Samlee - by failing to retract or even recognise the crass nature of your Ian Brady comment, I'm afraid you have lost all credibility as a reasoned debater or poster. Ironic in the extreme that you label others as hypocrites.
I can only assume that you are too young to remember the infamous Brady/Hindley case, or to have seen any of the many documentaries about it which have been aired over the years revealing the details thereof. I suggest you do some research and hopefully realise how OTT and inappropriate your comment was. Frankly, it reflects badly on you and undermines all your subsequent posts.

Careful now Strinesian. You'll be called a hypocrite if you carry on like that!

Or perhaps I'm now a hypocrite as well for posting this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 17:46 by ashtonshark.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net