rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Faf starts!!
07 June, 2018 11:05
South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Sibusiso Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Handrť Pollard, 9 Francois de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Rudolph Snyman, 3 Trevor Nyakane/Wilco Louw, 2 Mbongeni Mbonambi, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements: 16 Armand van der Merwe, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Wilco Louw/Thomas du Toit, 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Warrick Gelant

Re: Faf starts!!
Flumpty (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 11:41
I hope that he plays a stormer and comes out unscathed.

May the fun/chaos/creativity begin

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 11:52
The rugby world needs a strong South African team so it's good to see this team selection, even if they do beat England. Hopefully there'll be a couple more Sale players going up against Faf.

Garym (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 17:01
Good for him - but that probably means you won't see him until October after the SH Championship

Shireshark (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 18:35
Didn't see the first 20, thankfully, but thereafter Faf was such a driving force behind what was an immense comeback effort.

Some fabulous rugby from 24-3 down.

11 June, 2018 14:12
I canít do links but basically Rassie Erasmus is saying that Faf and Le Roux are free to play in the Rugby Championship for SA. Think this goes on from end Aug to beginning of Oct. So Iím guessing Faf will miss all our pre season and early part of the season - dam it!!?

StalyShark (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 16:51
One of those rumoured new signings better be a 9!

Crutch (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 17:11
Pretty unlikely I think. Faf is a clear first choice which would put off a lot of prospective signings. Cliff I assume is happy to be back up and he did better than I'd expected last year.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 17:21
Quote:
Crutch
Pretty unlikely I think. Faf is a clear first choice which would put off a lot of prospective signings. Cliff I assume is happy to be back up and he did better than I'd expected last year.

We need back up for Cliff though! Unless Sturgess is ready.

Yareet (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 18:10
Quote:
Crutch

Could sign a Southern Hemisphere 9 on a three month contract.

Or even a Stringer-like old pro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 18:11 by Yareet.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 22:51
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Crutch

Could sign a Southern Hemisphere 9 on a three month contract.

Or even a Stringer-like old pro

Or even Stringer!

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 08:20
It's quite remarkable really that given the number of rugby clubs and rugby playing schools in the NW that Sale haven't been able to either produce more than one scrum half every 3/4 years or found a decent club player who could come in as a consistent 3rd choice

MikeGC (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 08:28
Quote:
Crutch

but they would have 3 months to subvert that expectation

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 11:18
great game by little F- suspect he's put himself in world wide shop window to...

clutch (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 12:28
Does he have 1 or 2 years remaining on his contract?

ale shark (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:05
Quote:
clutch
Does he have 1 or 2 years remaining on his contract?

He supposedly signed a 3 years contract (i.e. 2 yrs left), whatever that might mean these days. 3rd year often seems to be an "option."

Don't know what happens in the 2019/20 season, if the start is being delayed, the world cup runs into November. I'd expect SA to be in it deep into October reinforcing our need for a 3rd scrum half.

Crutch (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:46
I agree we could do with another 9, but I don't think it will be one of those already rumoured, which is the point Staly mentioned that I responded to (I.e. One of the 4 prospective SH players - expect these to be Prop, RJVR, outside centre and utility back?)

StalyShark (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 14:24
Quote:
Crutch
I agree we could do with another 9, but I don't think it will be one of those already rumoured, which is the point Staly mentioned that I responded to (I.e. One of the 4 prospective SH players - expect these to be Prop, RJVR, outside centre and utility back?)

Fly half/full-back unless S James is covering 10 once more as JOC should be 15.

Crutch (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:14
Yes someone who could be 10/15 cover would be ideal.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:30
Quote:
Crutch
Yes someone who could be 10/15 cover would be ideal.

I'm thinking Damian McKenzie would fit the bill...

clutch (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 17:39
Impact sub!

Timpers (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 19:08
"So Iím guessing Faf will miss all our pre season and early part of the season - dam it!!?"
i
And then maybe off to France with a huge cheque in his pocket, and in Sale's too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net