rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Senior team finally getting the message...
H's Dad... (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 04:58
Beeb article
My first thought was, how long ago was Brian Ashton extolling/demanding, pretty much, exactly that?(Sm100)

Re: Senior team finally getting the message...
PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 06:19
10 years since Brian was sacked for asking for exactly that.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

John Tee (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 21:12
My first thought was lip service... Why has it taken this long.
You don't suddenly become leaders from nowhere and many of these players have had ample chance to demonstrate leadership qualities...
I think they've often been lacking so I don't buy this tbh.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 14:03
Do leadersip and T.C.U.P. develope well in regimes where "stick to the game-plan" is the rule?
Several Prem. sides have that maxim, not just us.
TCUP - thinking clearly under pressure - Woodwards world-cup-winning saying)

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 21:02
The big boys are taking ownership - while Isiekwe is the sacrificial, humiliated lamb.

Iím getting a bit bored of the EJ circus.

james46 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 21:32
EJ has definitely lost the plot and the RFU know it and are static.

16 June, 2018 18:45
So...that went well then.

Crutch (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 19:41
Some unbelievably stupid pens given away again.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 20:05
I've rarely been so angry watching a rugby match. I've called Sale brain dead a couple of times for some of our more spectacularly poor away performances, but that nonsense from England capped everything. I can't believe that they can get to international level without knowing any of the laws of the game. We constantly hear that they know that they need to improve discipline, yet see game after game that they clearly have no idea how to improve their discipline. Nathan Hughes should be sent home immediately for taking stupidity to new levels.

Why, after handling the ball over the line twice for tries, did we then decide to kick away every scrap of decent possession we had?

And perhaps the greatest stupidity of all. Why, when the first two tests have been at altitude, did England spend 2 weeks training at sea level?

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

16 June, 2018 21:33
Quote:
Poynters
Why, when the first two tests have been at altitude, did England spend 2 weeks training at sea level?

But that's the genius of the plan. Now, when we get back down to sea level, we'll be ultra-fit, unlike the South Afr...oh, hang on. (Sm147)

dinogyro (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 21:59
Oh dear, it's all gone to @#$%& for Eddie.
This could be bad news for me, as someone jokingly said I looked like him at the last Sale home match.
If he doesn't do something good between now and next season, I'd better stay at my home.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 07:18
Was it just me or was there a lot of niggle between white 7 and green 9?

clutch (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 13:17
Might get to see Denny and Cipriani start.

Crutch (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 14:33
Even if DC starts and has a great game they'll then probably say it's only because it was a game with nothing riding on it...

It's a bit of a conundrum as 10/12/13 looks good going forwards but there's clearly defensive issues and not effective when games get tight. Can't rely on the forwards to dominate against the top teams so I think there's the need for a more heavyweight 12. England are also far too reliant on Billy.

clutch (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 15:14
I donít get Slade and Farrell as. Combo. For me, with no beast to choose you should go for illusiveness and pace for the 13. Iíd play Daly and give Woodward a go at 15, but think Loz is worth a go as he has serious wheels.

james46 (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 18:24
The Mallinder appointment is interesting, a ready made internal replacement.

Crutch (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 20:41
Should have probably got the job after excellent results with the Saxons.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net