rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Robshaw dropped - Curry starts - Chips benches
14 June, 2018 11:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfpS909U0AAtYlt.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Re: Robshaw dropped - Curry starts - Chips benches
Crutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 11:29
And Denny benches.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 11:31
Still no recognised 2nd row cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2018 12:12 by StalyShark.

clutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 12:11
Robshaw must be injured, if he's not on the bench surely?

clutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 12:22
Apparently so.

If Wilson is preferred to him as a finisher and Shields as a lineout option than that spells the end for Robshaw, I assumed Shields would be coming in sooner rather than later, but with Robshaw playing 7 instead.

23Shark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 12:38
When I saw the notification that Shields was starting I feared for Curry's place but glad Eddie has made the call to drop Robshaw

Crutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 12:50
3 wasted years.

ale shark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 12:53
Better team than last week. Let's hope the bench isn't left until the last 5 mins again.

14 June, 2018 13:10
And letís not forget Cips on the bench. Be nice to see him get a decent go at 10

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:11
Disappointed Cips not given a chance of a starting berth at fly half while there is still life in the series. Hopefully he will get some meaningful game time at fly half, and also that there is a deciding test to come where he could start.

The pack looks more powerful with Launchbury in there, which I would like to think will give Curry more of a platform on which to show his skills.

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:52
I disagree with the idea that using Robshaw for the past 3 years has been a waste. Clearly he has improved as a player and leader in that time, playing in his more suitable position of 6. I think that mayeb the time is right to move some of those players on who were there to intially provide experience and steady the ship. e.g. Robshaw, Hartley, Brown and Haskell.

That's not to say they still can't be dropped in to match day squads and perform if required, just that it would be more prudent for EJ to base his team around younger, more dynamic players who will be future leaders of the squad once the current leadership group is past their peak. Perfect replacements for those mentioned at the moment appear to be Shields, Armand, George, Taylor, Curry (x2) and Daly.

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:59
Cipriani will be brought on late in the game...at fullback. You watch.

clutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:08
You beat me to it Bradwell.

camshark (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 12:44
3rd Test Robshaw and Cips start, no place for Ford /Shields. Tom at 7, Denny on bench, Simmonds/Hill bench.

Apologies, Flumpty beat me to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/06/2018 12:45 by camshark.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net