rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Chris Ashton
2007dwain (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 15:57
He wants to leave Toulon and come back to england and according to few things on Twitter(rugby pod) sale are leading the chase. May be nothing like a lot of rumours but he would only come in as fullback surely

Re: Chris Ashton
clutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:07
Yeah. Think heís a nice weather 15 but certain a serious threat there ball in hand.

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:20
If his 3yr contract is 2+1, if we got him for the 2019/2020 season he could be available for England then at world cup.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:22
Hasnít got the kicking game that we need with our back three. Only rumoured to be coming to us because heís a pie eater. No need to four international or thereabouts wingers. Though given our propensity to overstock some positions itíll be revealed next week!

clutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:36
Kicking full backs arenít exactly common at Sale. Struggling to name many.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:47
Quote:
clutch
Kicking full backs arenít exactly common at Sale. Struggling to name many.

Maybe we need some more variety!

Flumpty (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:56
Ashton to Sale - mutter, mutter, grumble, grouse, moan, moan (Sm110)

StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 17:15
If he is seen as an addition at 15 to the four super rugby rumours then why not?! Everyone is signing and signing.

Crutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 17:51
If JoC is as injured as last year then we could do with him!

Big Jim did a great up and under but I don't think you'd call him a kicking full back.

Anyone remember Vaughan Going taking penalties at Glos? Can't remember how many players must have been injured for that situation but he couldn't get anything other than dead straight...

JR, Rob Miller, Haley, Paul Williams - all loved to counter.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:17
9. Faf
10. AJ
11. Yarde
12. RJVR
13. S James
14. Solomona/Byron
15. Ashton/JOC

Would be fun as long as we have adequate cover for 9 and 10.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:31
Toulon have now said he has asked for a contract extension. Boujedal (sic) is like Diamond on speed with regards to press relations so I guess he's leaving.

clutch (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:52
Shepherd is the only kicking full back I recall. Pretty sure Williams was decent as well. Maclean was bought in to do just that!!!

MartWhit (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:24
There is absolutely no way I would want the best try poacher and finisher the game has seen for many a year in our magnificent mid table side.

Can he play loose head?

clutch (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 07:21
Would be and Denny collide both spotting the same opportunities?

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 09:19
Ashton has to be one of the best wingers for choosing the right time for coming off his wing and tracking the ball carrier. I often wish Denny had the confidence to do this more though he may well be under orders of course.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 09:26
I suspect ashton is under orders too, but when he does it and scores so frequently, its hard to discipline him.

Olyy (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 09:49
Can't see it happening, but would be a huge signing.

Also we need some more EQP players! Gonna be very difficult to hit the RFU bonus numbers next season

StalyShark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 09:53
Quote:
Olyy
Can't see it happening, but would be a huge signing.
Also we need some more EQP players! Gonna be very difficult to hit the RFU bonus numbers next season

If we hit them this year then, at the moment thereís no reason to suggest we wonít again. Our two signings are both EPQ and one of which is ex-academy.

Crutch (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 11:37
But we've lost Will and Mike who were regulars in the team and the likely replacements will be from SH.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 13:44
who are these likely replacements? and is there any chance of them doing pre season?

I think we've paid the price of not having assimilated new signings pre season before.

Crutch (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 17:58
Agree on that. It seems the nature of fishing in the SH pool though (unless you're Glos). I guess it's more important to get the right people in if they'll hopefully be around for 3 + years than the downside of not getting the whole first preseason.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 18:15
Maybe once Ashton sees Cipriani be almost completely unused during the SA tour (bar maybe 15/20 mins at Fcool smiley he may rethink leaving Toulon. Iím sure Danny will have a sense of regret for listening to ďfalseĒ promises/suggestions from England soon enough. Stay where you are if I were you Chris.

welsh sharks (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 18:55
donít want to get too ahead of myself here, but following him on instagram he has just followed spinning fields and a manchester based food prep service..

2007dwain (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 19:38
Add the sale sharks instagram page to his follows too.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 19:50
The Independent also mentions a link to us
[www.independent.co.uk]

Olyy (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 19:51
Greenroom, his agent, represent a number of our players as well.
Having a scroll through his insta follows and the only other clubs he follows are Toulon and Saracens, so it's not like he's blanket followed every rugby club.

Weirdly he follows Aaron Reed, our academy winger, as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2018 19:52 by Olyy.

clutch (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 21:51
Maybe he can mentor him? Being a sale fan is so confusing but itís kind of fun not knowing what the heck is going on re signings. Assuming it works itself out in the end of course.

Yareet (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 21:52
Quote:
Olyy
Greenroom, his agent, represent a number of our players as well.
Having a scroll through his insta follows and the only other clubs he follows are Toulon and Saracens, so it's not like he's blanket followed every rugby club.

Weirdly he follows Aaron Reed, our academy winger, as well.

I think Haskell started randomly following Quins ... just before he announced he had joined Saints.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 12:55
With absolutely no evidence whatsoever, I feel there is substance to these rumours.

I just think that he's the kind of player in the kind of circumstance born in the right part of the world to be right on our radar. Right timing, a bit pricey by our normal standards but Dimes could well be persuaded in our current back 3 predicament, given how important those positions are to our gameplan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net