rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Tigger (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 19:32
I have today posted a new front page story with a message at the bottom.

Firstly it would be good to get some feedback on the stories...do you like them or not? How about some comments. Posters put a lot of time an effort into them. Just out of interest the two Jackson and Olding threads had 24,562 views, 4 pages, 343 comments and more recently 10,670 views, 2 pages, 101 comments.

Secondly this is the last time I am asking for contributions. It is not mine or the other moderators/editors jobs to write the front page stories. The Major does the match reports during the season to keep the board alive. If I have no stories sent to me by the 12th July then this forum will be gone until September (unless you have my contact details...even then I am on holiday from the 13th July until 17th July so good luck getting hold of me).

Over to you.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2018 19:35 by Tigger.

Re: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
StalyShark (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:11
How often do the stories need updating and how long do they need to be?

Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:34
We need a story every two weeks. They can be any length, really, but I would suggest that 500-1000 words makes for a decent read.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

StalyShark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 07:11
I should be (barring acts of God etc) going to the Castres match so I could do one after that.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 10:06
Apologies for not contributing much on here recently or with a story.
21 year old son currently in hospital over in Nottingham with large mass in chest (mediastinum and left chest), pneumonia and pleurisy. Slowly improving so far and now out of ICU but he's in there for a couple of months at least with open chest surgery at some point to remove it. They think it's abscess related but it's an odd presentation and history.
Commuting is a pain and one has some difficulty concentrating on other matters...But hey ho at least they no longer think it may be a highly malignant tumour....

Now that's a good excuse..

Chill Tigger...cool smiley : other posters may also have other IMPORTANT PLEASE READ stuff going on in their lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2018 10:11 by H's Dad....

samlee99 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 10:17
Quote:
H's Dad...
21 year old son currently in hospital over in Nottingham with large mass in chest (mediastinum and left chest), pneumonia and pleurisy. Slowly improving so far and now out of ICU but he's in there for a couple of months at least with open chest surgery at some point to remove it. They think it's abscess related but it's an odd presentation and history.
Commuting is a pain and one has some difficulty concentrating on other matters...But hey ho at least they no longer think it may be a highly malignant tumour....

Chill Tigger...cool smiley : other posters may also have other IMPORTANT PLEASE READ stuff going on in their lives.

Best of luck to your son and well said about the thread subject.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 10:31
You should learn to apologise samlee, Tiggers doing a good job and I suspect your posts have given him resulted in him being given a lot of grief. winking smiley
But thankyou for your other comment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2018 11:06 by H's Dad....

Yareet (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 12:53
Quote:
H's Dad...

Little brother went through something not dissimilar earlier in the year - chest infection led to double pneumonia, pleurisy and pulmonary embolism.

At the time it was as scary as any expletive you may chose but he’s on the mend now.

Good luck to your boy.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 13:16
Quote:
H's Dad...
You should learn to apologise samlee, Tiggers doing a good job and I suspect your posts have given him resulted in him being given a lot of grief. winking smiley But thankyou for your other comment.

I could offer you a lot of advice based on your posting history but I won't.

Any grief Tigger has had he has brought upon himself.

iBozz (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 14:48
<mod>Please play nicely, Boys and Girls. This thread is about keeping the Board ticking over by posters submitting copy so that Tigger can update the front page every fortnight to keep the Board alive. It is not about slagging off each other or making comments about Tiggs, who is doing an excellent job of running the Board during The Major's traditional summer sabbatical.</mod>

Speaking about submitting copy, it doesn't necessarily have to be about rugby just so long as it is interesting, amusing, educational or somesuch. Let's face it, when we live in a world with Brexiters, Brexremainers, May, Corbyn, Trump, Putin, Kim il Thingy et al then we all need a good laugh from time to time!

I'm sorry to read your news but I hope that all is well, or as well as it can be under the circumstances, H's D, and that he is on the mend. Give him my regards when you next see him.

On an unrelated matter, I too have been a shade under the weather this past couple of months or so with two emergency admissions to Hospital, an emergency admission to an A&E unit, pneumonia, an adverse reaction to antibiotics and a case of acute hypochondria! It's all still ongoing and I could write a front page story about it, but you would either be bored to tears and/or deafened by the mournful sound of cheap and out-of-tune violins scraping away in the background! (Sm103)

Now get writing and submit your erudite masterpieces to Tigger asap. If you can post on here, you can write a piece for the front page. (Sm85)

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 15:14
This is light relief, iBozz. Apologies I had no idea, or else......
I'll see if I can do something bedside on 'diagnosis of rare complex conditions of the thorax' or 'helping to cope with prolonged stress' !(Sm6) It's all I can think about currently.

iBozz (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 15:21
Well, it's not been an entirely wasted summer as at least I've managed to cross three items off my bucket list: a blood transfusion, a ride in an ambulance and having pneumonia - all firsts in my life! grinning smiley

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2018 15:22 by iBozz.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 15:32
IBozz and HsD’ son, hoping for fighting fit comebacks from both. As always life has a way of showing us what really matters and although we all snipe, banter and whatever else. Health and happiness outside this small part of our lives is all that matters

15 June, 2018 15:59
Can a quiz or quizzes be submitted - instead of having one on a thread as in previous summers?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 17:41
Mrs. T: I've passed the one you sent me earlier on to Tigger, so it's in the queue. I'm sure more would be appreciated.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

15 June, 2018 18:00
It's not a quiz really Major - more in line with Lord Reith's brief.

Dis mus be da place

Tigger (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 19:19
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
H's Dad...
You should learn to apologise samlee, Tiggers doing a good job and I suspect your posts have given him resulted in him being given a lot of grief. winking smiley But thankyou for your other comment.

Please can you post examples as to why I have bought any grief upon myself....

I suspect you are a troll and if you continue with continuous and disruptive posts please read the terms and conditions of posting on this message board.

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 07:07
I'd guess Tigger that samlee is meaning any or all of the occasions where you've had the temerity to express an opinion that disagrees with his own.

For clarity, I've disagreed (and agreed!) with you at various times and do NOT consider that would justify aiming "grief" at you.

Come to think of it, "Grief"? Naah,very little on here could possibly count!

I came in for some disagreement on another thread. It hasn't caused me a moment's real "grief.

iBozz (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 09:09
<mod>Posts containing direct personal attacks or which can be deemed to be offensive will be removed or edited as soon as a Moderator sees them or they are drawn to our attention.

Arguments, provided that they are conducted in a civilised fashion, are perfectly acceptable.

We are a community of rugby supporters and we should all respect the rights of our fellow supporters to hold other points of view whether we agree with them or not.

If posts are edited or deleted and you feel sufficiently aggrieved at a Moderator's decision, then by all means feel free to appeal.

I have no specific post on this thread in mind when writing this, other than the generalised warning given earlier, so please don't go looking for a reason to think that I mean you!</mod>
(Sm65)

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 10:18
Samlee could just have meant ' by volunteering to be a moderator' !(Sm6)

samlee99 (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 11:13
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
H's Dad...

I suspect you are a troll and if you continue with continuous and disruptive posts please read the terms and conditions of posting on this message board.

The very first post on this thread for a start.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 11:18
Quote:
ageinghoody
I'd guess Tigger that samlee is meaning any or all of the occasions where you've had the temerity to express an opinion that disagrees with his own.
For clarity, I've disagreed (and agreed!) with you at various times and do NOT consider that would justify aiming "grief" at you.

Come to think of it, "Grief"? Naah,very little on here could possibly count!

I came in for some disagreement on another thread. It hasn't caused me a moment's real "grief.

I have no problem with anyone expressing a different opinion to mine. I have commented on them in the same way as others have commented on mine.

But of course hypocrites believe they can behave in a way that others can't. And when their hypocrisy is highlighted they make ridiculous accusations that merely demonstrate their hypocrisy even more.

To anyone who is prepared to open their eyes.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 13:07
Quote:
Re: Paddy Jackson pre-contract
samlee99 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 12:18
People should be allowed to behave as disgracefully as they like without sanction.

As long as they sign for Sale.
Just to get this hypocrisy thing correct, can you list what you feel is allowable behaviour. Does the "allowable behaviour" stay the same for every person all of the time, or is there a sliding scale depending of what the behaviour was and what the position of the person is.

You go on and on and on about hypocrisy so, I'm sure, it would be of interest to us all if you could state exactly where you stand on this.

Of course, as with all hypocrites, you won't actually answer the question, but ther you go.

16 June, 2018 17:50
Quote:
samlee99
I have no problem with anyone expressing a different opinion to mine

As your replies of "pathetic" and "hypocrite" clearly show.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 18:02
Please stop feeding him.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 18:22
Probably time to just start ignoring Samlee/Siggy, as they probably also are in the real world.

Tigger (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 18:35
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
H's Dad...

For a start.....so there are others?

OK....the post was about engaging with supporters and keeping the message board going over the summer. You have contributed nothing.

So what are the other examples?

MikeGC (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 10:41
please, please, stop this nonsense - these threads are so tedious and would end naturally if you didn’t keep grinding on and on

samlee99 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 12:45
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
H's Dad...

For a start.....so there are others?

OK....the post was about engaging with supporters and keeping the message board going over the summer. You have contributed nothing.

So what are the other examples?

You asked for an example and you got it.

As for contributing I've highlighted your hypocrisy for a start. You attack those whose views you don't like and totally ignore the lies and abuse leveled at them by your fellow hypocrites. Look at the Jackson thread. It's all there if you open your eyes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2018 12:47 by samlee99.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 12:49
Quote:
MikeGC
please, please, stop this nonsense - these threads are so tedious and would end naturally if you didn’t keep grinding on and on

Happy to but when people attack me I will reply. Unfortunately certain hypocrites don't like it when people stand up to them and treat them as they treat others.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 15:41
Samlee99, find somewhere else to vent your inner vexations.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 16:23
Quote:
StalyShark

+1 (and just about everyone else on this board as well, I suspect)

emerging shark (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 17:03
Getting back on track, would some old Blue Army articles be acceptable? I warn you they were controversial back then.. John Mitchell threatened to punch my lights out...

samlee99 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 17:07
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
StalyShark

You should forward this to Tigger. Unless of course you are a one-eyed hypocrite too.

clutch (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 17:10
Is there some sort of Guinness world record for using the word hypocrite on a message thread?

yukon (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 17:36
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
StalyShark

You should forward this to Tigger. Unless of course you are a one-eyed hypocrite too.

You’re going to wear out the h,y,p,o,c,r,i,t & e keys.

ale shark (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 19:06
I can't even work out if she was for or against the Jackson signing and who they think are the hypocrites. Having said that, I really don't care.

clutch (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 20:50
That probably means you are a hypocrite

20 June, 2018 07:41
Quote:
emerging shark
Getting back on track, would some old Blue Army articles be acceptable? I warn you they were controversial back then.. John Mitchell threatened to punch my lights out...

Fine ..... as long as they're not hypocritical.

Dis mus be da place

iBozz (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 07:50
The Blue Army is an excellent idea. If you can hire a personal bodyguard, just in case history repeats itself, then the original article and brief history of the Mitch incident would rekindle the memories of we long term supporters and enlighten the more recent comers as to why The Blue Army is sadly missed.

I cannot recall, did Dimes feature?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2018 09:16 by iBozz.

iBozz (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 07:56
<mod>samlee99: you are sailing very close to the wind with your personal attack on Tigger and implying that many others on here are hypocrites and you seem hell bent on ignoring the soft warnings given above. If you persist in posting contrary to the Board guidelines or advice given, then you shall be banned. Please conduct yourself according to rugby’s core values and generally accepted civilised debate.</mod>

samlee99 (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 10:07
Quote:
iBozz
<mod>samlee99: you are sailing very close to the wind with your personal attack on Tigger and implying that many others on here are hypocrites and you seem hell bent on ignoring the soft warnings given above. If you persist in posting contrary to the Board guidelines or advice given, then you shall be banned. Please conduct yourself according to rugby’s core values and generally accepted civilised debate.</mod>

Yet more hypocrisy. What about his attacks on me? I thought you at least had a bit more integrity iBozz.

If you want to ban me for telling the truth then go ahead and do it. Who would want to be a member of a message board populated by one-eyed hypocrites?

Other than another one-eyed hypocrite of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2018 10:17 by samlee99.

wrinklieshark (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 10:50
Do you remember when you were a kid (a long time ago for some of us...) and you had a scabby knee? Your mother would say 'If you keep picking at that scab, it will never go away' So if you all stopped picking, the problem would be solved!

clutch (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 15:28
Does that make your mother a hypocrite?

20 June, 2018 16:19
The Blue Army is an excellent idea. If you can hire a personal bodyguard, just in case history repeats itself, then the original article and brief history of the Mitch incident would rekindle the memories of we long term supporters and enlighten the more recent comers as to why The Blue Army is sadly missed.

Is that a yes ibozz? Tigger is it ok to go ahead?
No Dimes rarely featured in the BA other a bit of p1sstaking . It was the pic of Mitchell leaning on the bonnet of a BMW to launch a sponsorship with the caption 'Mitch moonlights cleaning cars' Thin skin or what....

20 June, 2018 16:38
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss go for it Cec.

Dis mus be da place

Tigger (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 18:52
OK.....

We have too many threads hijacked by the word hypocrite and the number 99.

So back on topic.

ES...send me the stories and if I am unsure I will chat with the other EDs...

Mrs T is up next....anyone else...

PS As long as it doesn't involve the word hypocrite...winking smiley

StalyShark (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 18:54
I did say I'd do a match report of the castres match if it's needed.

Tigger (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 18:59
Quote:
StalyShark
I did say I'd do a match report of the castres match if it's needed.

Sorry missed this in all the posts by hypocrites! winking smiley

That would be great BUT I do need other FPS to keep us going.

Cheers.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 19:25
I shall bask in the sun of the Languedoc the day after and tap away reflecting on a mammoth victory by a team sprinkled with new signings...

20 June, 2018 19:42
"We have too many threads hijacked by the word hypocrite" - Tigger99, 19:52

"Sorry missed this in all the posts by hypocrites" - Tigger99, 19:59

You absolute hypnotic hippopotamus99!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2018 19:43 by Strinesian Saleanian.

iBozz (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 19:48
Quote:
emerging shark

Is that a yes ibozz? Tigger is it ok to go ahead?
No Dimes rarely featured in the BA other a bit of p1sstaking . It was the pic of Mitchell leaning on the bonnet of a BMW to launch a sponsorship with the caption 'Mitch moonlights cleaning cars' Thin skin or what....

Tiggs and The Major are the final arbiters of good taste, but selected pieces from The Blue Army would certainly get my vote. I reckon most on here will have little idea of what a splendid institution it was but, alas, Mitch seems to be at the vanguard of not having a sense of humour, a state far far too common these days.

At a slight tangent, I recall a story (perhaps apocryphal) that Spike Milligan had threatened to sue Private Eye on the perfectly reasonable grounds that they had never said anything bad about him - and nobody was that perfect!

20 June, 2018 20:32
It was nearly 20 years ago...here's a couple of snippets:
April 1998:
'Blue army banned: The Blue Army has been banned from Heywood Road and told not sell inside the ground. Nobody on the editorial team has an axe to grind and the fanzine is open to all. OK we criticise and take the p1ss but surely this is not a reason to ban us. We will carry on selling outside the ground'.
Li 19 Sale 25 Jim Calendar improves month by month. Jim caught a high ball on the half way line and ran the full length of the pitch to score. Make War was outstanding at scrum half, his p1ssing was a joy to see. Jimmy Jewel the Sale hooker was everywhere. Had he farted with the ball we could have scored a try. Andrew Smiff the prop was value for money, making breaks with the wind behind him. John £owler came out at half time with a brown envelope strapped to his head. Dylan o Thomas over liked the applause as only he would.

March 1998
Headline: Sunday Rugby is Sh1te, the fans hate it, the sponsors hate it, the bar is empty, the ground is no fuller, why do we have to put up with it.

Supporter profiles:

Quins: Hobbies: Huntin, shootin, fishing. Education: Eton, Cambridge. Clubs: Carleton, MCC. Periodicals: Country Life, Punch.
Sale: Hobbies: fish in chips, Ferrits, Shaggin. Education: Bash St Sec Modern and Salford Tec. Clubs; British Legion, Stretford labour. Periodicals: Blue army and Viz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net