rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Fixtures are up
yukon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:51
[www.salesharks.com]

Ist game- away at Quins, last game home to Glos

Re: Fixtures are up
ale shark (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:27
Isnít one of the Quins games supposed to be in the USA? Was it home or away?

4 tricky September fixtures there. Last 6 fixtures are handy for a decent run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 10:28 by ale shark.

2007dwain (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:49
Would of been nice having home game first but quins away is winnable if we turn up. COME ON SALE !

Printerland Annie (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:53
And almost all on Saturdays. Woo hoo!

ale shark (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:26
Quote:
Printerland Annie
And almost all on Saturdays. Woo hoo!

Iíd be hesitant in reading too much into that right now. Wait till the first tranche of TV games are confirmed.

Crutch (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:34
It seems a regular occurrence that we start the season with Away games against mostly top 6 that we expect to lose and home games against mostly bottom 6 that we expect to win, and then the second half of the season we have the more difficult home games and easier away games that we hope to win but could go either way.

Obviously Quins away first doesn fit that patten, but Exeter and Leicester away in the first batch of 6 we generally wouldn't expect to win even with a full strength squad, so quite good to get out of the way whilst Faf is missing and Rohan/JoC may not be up to speed.

Worc and Falcons home we need to win or it'll be a long season and with our hoodoo over Wasps it should be 3 wins at home. I'd definitely take 3 from 6 in that first batch and would set us up for the season. A win at Quins and we should be setting our sights higher up the league.

iBozz (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:01
The subscribable fixtures calendar has been updated.

If you already subscribe please let me know that your own calendar has updated correctly and let me know of any mistakes in my postings.

If you do not already subscribe and wish so to do then please have a look at the draft instructions and let me know whether they work for you and if so which one and if they don't work lt me know your Operating System and version and Calendar app of choice and I'll see what I can do.

I am more likely to see Private Messages than posts on here so please PM me with any complaints, comments, advice or praise!

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

iBozz (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:11
So far, only two potential loyalty clashes at home:

Saturday, 22/09/2018 @ 1500 SFC v Bishops Stortford & SS v Wasps

Saturday, 06/10/2018 @ 1500 SFC v Old Elthamians & SS v Newcastle

Nevertheless there is scope for more when the dates and times of the later SS fixtures are announced.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 12:24 by iBozz.

saleawaywithme (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:13
On TV for 4 games out of first 9 rounds. 3 times in September. Obviously a more attractive TV prospect this season. Sun 9/9 3pm Worcs home, Sat 22/9 3pm Wasps home, Sun 29/9 3pm Leics away, Sun 1/12 3pm Bath away.

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:58
Looks like you have a trip to St James Park in March 2019

camshark (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 14:26
Quote:
RiponFalcon
Looks like you have a trip to St James Park in March 2019

Tickets booked for the European challenge cup final in May , so that will be St.James Park twice in one season to see Sale Sharks !

dinogyro (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 19:15
When can I buy tickets for the 9/9/18 game?

The online system isn't up yet.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 07:56
Alpha Centuri? i.e. in a different Universe. Why the rush?

07 July, 2018 08:43
Last time I looked, Alpha Centauri was in the same universe.

dinogyro (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 11:12
Quote:
H's Dad...

FFS. Why does every one have to be a flipping comedian on here. I'm not going to bother anymore.

Just for information, I have IBS, which means I can't always control my bowel or my bladder. On a bad day, I may have to get up several times during the match to go to the toilet. So, I choose a seat on the aisle, so I am not making people get up and down all the time.

My eyes are not great, so I like to sit opposite the big screen.

I have specific needs, so I like to book early. I hope you are happy now.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 11:21
Quote:
dinogyro
Quote:
H's Dad...

FFS. Why does every one have to be a flipping comedian on here. I'm not going to bother anymore.

Just for information, I have IBS, which means I can't always control my bowel or my bladder. On a bad day, I may have to get up several times during the match to go to the toilet. So, I choose a seat on the aisle, so I am not making people get up and down all the time.

My eyes are not great, so I like to sit opposite the big screen.

I have specific needs, so I like to book early. I hope you are happy now.

Hi Dino G
Don't worry about others on here.

I suffer with IBS / Vision difficulties so can relate to wanting to get the right seat for your needs.
Give Angie a ring at the club and she will be able to look after you. I imagine you'll want to sit in the west stand towards the south stand corner (opposite the screen). It's usually quite sparse down that end so plenty of aisle seats. Men's toilets (x4 cubicles) are directly under that block, women's toilets are a few further metres away.

Hope that helpa

dinogyro (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 12:19
We've tried several different spots (with the help of the very helpful Angela) and the spot you mention is the best one for me.

Luckily, my girlfriend hasn't got any medical problems, so that makes life a bit easier!

I was anxious to book our seats, as we have already booked our hotel. To travel to the game and back on the same day causes me stress which makes the IBS worse. We are only 40 miles away, but every little helps with IBS.

I hope H's Dad never gets IBS, as then he would have to think ahead a bit too.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 07:19
No offence intended dynogro, but ringing the club was always a far more sensible option.

With respect we all have crosses to bear, my current one weighs far more heavily and tends to prevent any thinking ahead. I doubt you would swap. (Son with pneumonia and pleurisy awaiting an op. to have a large, possibly malignant mass, removed from his chest).
Missing a rugby match pales into insignificance......

I would have thought any end of row seat in that area would have done and our attendances are only around 50% of capacity. Just email Angie and she will make sure you're sorted when tickets go on sale.

Incidentally have you tried a combination of Lomotil and Loperamide for one off occasions when IBS may flare; It works for a few hours for some sufferers as long as you don't overuse it.

dinogyro (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 11:31
I have emailed Angela, she is busy, but expects to reply around Tuesday.This is from her automated reply.

I had not heard of Lomotil, so I will have a chat to my GP about it.

I only came on to the forum as Angela was busy, hoping some fellow supporter might have knowledge.

Would anyone care to know the answer when I get it?

snaderson (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 11:43
The Jets fixtures, in the rebranded Premiership Rugby Shield, are also out t'offy.

I wonder what the chances of the Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and Easter Monday fixtures being rescheduled are.

iBozz (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 12:40
Quote:
snaderson
The Jets fixtures, in the rebranded Premiership Rugby Shield, are also out t'offy.
I wonder what the chances of the Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and Easter Monday fixtures being rescheduled are.

Alas no kick-off times are shown so, on the subscribable calendar, I am assuming 7:30pm unless and until told otherwise.

iBozz (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 13:23
Now added to the Subscribable calendar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net