rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How did your club get on this week, 2018/2019.
iBozz (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 17:27
National 1

Cambridge 36 - 36 Sale FC Match report - now 9th of 16

Not bad for our first outing in National 1, letís hope that we can keep it up.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 18:01 by iBozz.

Re: How did your club get on this week, 2018/2019.
clutch (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 18:14
Are Camb a decent side? May try and watch a few games this year.

iBozz (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 19:48
They finished 10th out of 16 last term but, according to friends at Macclesfield, the step up fron North/South 2 is significant so to hold our own on our first National 1 fixture isnít bad.

Mind you, I have yet to see a match report from either Club so it is a little difficult to assess how well we actually did.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

MikeGC (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 09:19
Broughton Park 18 Burnage 13 in North One West, intriguing game wine by the better side in the day.
Burnage 2nd XV 36 Altrincham Kersal 2nd XV 19
Burnage 3rd XV v Rochdale 3rd XV, sadly Rochdale couldnít raise a team.

During a break in play we realised that Racing Club de Burnage are in a league with some of the world's oldest rugby clubs.
Birkenhead Park - 1871
Broughton Park - 1882
Manchester - 1860
Waterloo - 1882

madders (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 09:49
Quote:
MikeGC
Broughton Park 18 Burnage 13 in North One West, intriguing game wine by the better side in the day.

During a break in play we realised that Racing Club de Burnage are in a league with some of the world's oldest rugby clubs.
Birkenhead Park - 1871
Broughton Park - 1882
Manchester - 1860
Waterloo - 1882

And Douglas Rugby Club (Isle of Man) - 1873

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 10:10
Quote:
MikeGC

Birkenhead Park - 1871
Broughton Park - 1882
Manchester - 1860
Waterloo - 1882

I'm sure ibozz will point out another local club that is not on your list, probably 1861 times

MikeGC (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 13:09
Quote:
buelligansmate
Quote:
MikeGC

Birkenhead Park - 1871
Broughton Park - 1882
Manchester - 1860
Waterloo - 1882

I'm sure ibozz will point out another local club that is not on your list, probably 1861 times

Well Sale FC were in our league but this is no longer the case - hence I didnít include that club

StalyShark (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 13:16
Any of the Jets players play well?

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 14:43
Scunny 27 v 15 Broadstreet

Midlands Premier

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 15:00
Mighty 'bach 34 Burton 25

Midlands Premier.

Much for Mr Webber to ponder when he reviews the video. Should have been more.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:51
Quote:
StalyShark
Any of the Jets players play well?

Rugby paper tells me that Postlethwaite and Reed got tries and Pope was sent off.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 10:00
Caldy 30-27 Birmingham Moseley, played on Sunday.

Strangely there were two home wins, five away wins and the one draw over the weekend.

Caldy 2nds didn't have a game, there being nine teams in the Cotton Traders Premier League. I see in the results that Sale lost 17-32 to Fylde, one of three home defeats on the day.

I haven't caught up with other reults round and about as yet. I doubt Caldy had a 3rd team playing. I see (from above) Burnage didn't either, but in their case it was because Rochdale couldn't raise a side.

Yareet (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 11:40
A Quins victory I was actually happy about - the Ams beat Raynes Park in a friendly 42-17.

iBozz (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:43
I've added the SFC Match report to the top post. In future, if my aged brain allows me to remember, I'll edit each week's "score post" and add a link to the SFC and Opposition Match report (if I can find the latter, Cambridge do not yet seem to have posted their version of events) as and when they appear on the SFC site and opposition sites.

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 17:49
National 1 : Saturday, 8th September 2018.

Sale FC 26 - 24 Caldy Match report - now 6th of 16

A hard fought game with some strange refereeing decisions (forward passes and high tackles were apparently invisible to him and he allowed a quick throw in when the ball had hit the stand) but not bad for our second outing at this level.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 18:55 by iBozz.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 18:09
Quote:
iBozz
and he allowed a quick throw in when the ball had hit the stand) but not bad for our second outing at this level.

what is wrong with that !?!!??!?!

recycledyorkie2 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 18:58
It is quite entertaining listening to the 1861 version of the law book !!!

Flumpty (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 19:34
Westmorland bragging rights this time go to Kendal

Kirkby Lonsdale 10 Kendal 27

The view from Kendal
How KL saw the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 10:23 by Flumpty.

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 19:50
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
iBozz
and he allowed a quick throw in when the ball had hit the stand) but not bad for our second outing at this level.

The general consensus, including amongst some of our guests, was that a quick throw in was only allowed if the ball hadn't touched anyone or anything out of the park save the person taking the quick throw in.

I, and several others from both Sale and Caldy, stand to be corrected - what is the Law on the matter?

Flumpty (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 19:55
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
iBozz

The general consensus, including amongst some of our guests, was that a quick throw in was only allowed if the ball hadn't touched anyone or anything out of the park save the person taking the quick throw in.

I, and several others from both Sale and Caldy, stand to be corrected - what is the Law on the matter?

Here you go iBozz
A quick throw is disallowed and a lineout is awarded to the same team if:

A lineout had already been formed; or
The ball had been touched after it went into touch by anyone other than the player throwing in or the player who carried the ball into touch; or
A different ball is used from the one that originally went into touch.

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 20:18
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
iBozz

Here you go iBozz

The ball had been touched after it went into touch by anyone other than the player throwing in or the player who carried the ball into touch; or

Thanks for the clarification, Flumpty.

I hate to admit it but on this occasion it appears that Sir was correct - although probably for all the wrong reasons! grinning smiley

Flumpty (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 20:38
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
iBozz

Here you go iBozz

Thanks for the clarification, Flumpty.

I hate to admit it but on this occasion it appears that Sir was correct - although probably for all the wrong reasons! grinning smiley

No worries iBozz. At most grounds, on most weekends, supporters repeatedly mumble and grumble at the referee getting multiple things wrong, regardless of their lack of knowledge of the laws of the game

MikeGC (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 21:34
Racing Club de Burnage 34 Anselmians 19
Penrith 2nd XV beat Burnage 2nd XV
Burnage 3rd XV lost to Broughton Park 3rd XV

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 09:36
Manchester 1st XV 17 - 0 De la Salle.
Manchester played the very wet conditions considerably better than their opponents in controlling the ball for much of the game to run out deserved winners.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 11:35
Quote:
H's Dad...
Manchester 1st XV 17 - 0 De la Salle.
Manchester played the very wet conditions considerably better than their opponents in controlling the ball for much of the game to run out deserved winners.

Of interest, the RFU think it was 24 - 0

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 12:00
Whoops! I somehow forgot bugle boy Charlie's try!(Sm6)

Barend (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 12:06
I don't know if it is the Steve Smith who wrote the Sale FC report in The Rugby Paper, but it's a tad harsh on Caldy who spent most of the game in Sale's half and a lot of time in the 22.

Good defence from Sale FC to hold them out for so long though and a decent start to the campaign in a newer, tougher league.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 12:28
Quote:
Barend
I don't know if it is the Steve Smith who wrote the Sale FC report in The Rugby Paper, but it's a tad harsh on Caldy who spent most of the game in Sale's half and a lot of time in the 22.
Good defence from Sale FC to hold them out for so long though and a decent start to the campaign in a newer, tougher league.

I hear Johnny Leota and Tom Brady featured for Sale FC.

One (rather negative) comment on the national league rugby forum went
"The Sale Sharks "ex" players did not stand out and were well marked by a determined Caldy Defense a classic game of a team against Stars"

Barend (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 12:37
Pretty accurate, although it wasn't really a game for backlines to be honest. Leota did very little of note. Brady had a half and made some decent runs.

Aron Reed was at 11 for Sale and was excellent, despite a yellow card.

I think that calling the Sale side a team of stars is a bit of an over exaggeration. The side contained 14 out of 20 players who had been in the squad last season in Nat 2N. Two more - Postlethwaite and Dunne have previously played for Sale FC in lower leagues and I think Priestley-Nangle and played in Nat 2 last year with South Leicester.

I think that those comments probably back up a feeling I get of the opinion toward Sale FC from others in the area. That's how the team will be perceived.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2018 12:39 by Barend.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 14:30
Just the messenger, mate

Flumpty (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:16
Kendal 19 Vale Of Lune 12

Kendal 19-0 up and well on to in the First Half. A different Kendal and a different Vale team came out in the 2nd half and when the final whistle went, Vale had been bossing the game for quite a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 23:06 by Flumpty.

iBozz (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:54
National 1 : Saturday, 15th September 2018.

Cinderford 40 - 31 Sale FC Match report - now 9th of 16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2018 14:59 by iBozz.

Yareet (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 21:02
First league game of the season and Quins Ams beat Hanwell (LPC are you still involved) 59-10. Included a classic prop try scored by your humble reporter from 3 inches out.

iBozz (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 09:46
Quote:
Yareet
First league game of the season and Quins Ams beat Hanwell (LPC are you still involved) 59-10. Included a classic prop try scored by your humble reporter from 3 inches out.

Bravo, Yareet. It's great to see a Prop able to run three inches without stopping for a rest except, of course, to the bar at No Side. You must be at the absolute peak of fitness! grinning smiley

MikeGC (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 10:42
Racing Club de Burnage 32 Warrington 25 in North One West. 4th of 14
Very good open game, superb entertainment.
Burnage 2nd XV lost to Sandbach 2nd XV
Stockport 3rd XV beat Burnage 3rd XV in a combination league and cup fixture

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 13:56
oops been a bit tardy

8 Sept 2018

Burton 3 v 36 Scunny

15 Sept 2018

Scunny 41 v 21 Derby

Numero Uno Midlands Premier Max points

'Cause we were raised

22 September, 2018 17:02
Sale FC 22 Bishop stortford 8.

Good entertaining game. By the sounds of it better fare than up the road.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 17:55
...and it gets better: Chinnor 24:27 Caldy, assuming the reported result is correct.

The Beeb seems all over the place with its scores, but the RFU confirms that as the final result. The Beeb even shows Sharks losing at home to Wasps, how ridiculous is that?

Caldy 2nds got on the pitch for the first time this season, recording their second victory 50-3 at Vale of Lune (Macclesfield had cried off the previous week. It was Sale 2nds rest day this time round (as there are nine teams in the division). I wonder if either club had a 3rd XV playing.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 20:34
Local Derby

Doncaster Phoenix 26 v 27 Scunny

Still top, still max points Midlands Premier.

'Cause we were raised

iBozz (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 22:33
Quote:
recycledyorkie2
Sale FC 22 Bishop stortford 8.
Good entertaining game. By the sounds of it better fare than up the road.

National 1 now 8th of 16. Report to follow.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 23:50
Manchester 20 Douglas 19.
Douglas score 3 tries, Manchester 1 try, but 5 penalties sees them take a close home win.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 07:17
Racing Club de Burnage 27 Northwich 21 in North One West (5th of 14)
Broughton Park 2nd XV lost to Burnage 2nd XV
Burnage 3rd XV awarded a home walkover (donít know the circumstances) against Manchester 3rd XV

Flumpty (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 14:54
Alnwick 36 Kendal 5
Well beaten by the better side.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 15:48
Interesting MikeGC. I presume we were short on numbers.
Huge irony that Manchester 2nds also had a walkover on Saturday v Glossop thirds.
We obviously decided not to let our seconds take the thirds fixture!
The lack of depth in numbers of adult players at rugby clubs for 3rd XVs generally seems widespread.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:54
Quote:
H's Dad...
Interesting MikeGC. I presume we were short on numbers.
Huge irony that Manchester 2nds also had a walkover on Saturday v Glossop thirds.
We obviously decided not to let our seconds take the thirds fixture!
The lack of depth in numbers of adult players at rugby clubs for 3rd XVs generally seems widespread.

Itís a worrying trend and sad to see

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 16:08
National 1 - Saturday, 29th September 2018

Rotherham 32 - 27 Sale FC Now 10th of 16 Match report to follow

Having led 27 - 22 we threw it away in the last 10 minutes (a correspondent texts!). Perhaps we are taking this closeness to SS a tad too literally!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2018 23:18 by iBozz.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 16:12
slightly careless by the sound of it, but an LBP nonetheless. FC building a decent platform in league 1. They'll only improve through the season surely?

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 16:28
Iím certainly impressed with our start in National 1, which is quite a jump from National 2 N and S, but we do seem to be tending to throw things away at the death. Maybe itís fitness, maybe an unwarranted belief that we can ďslow downĒ towards No Side when we are ahead. I understand that we gifted them an interception but I have no first hand knowledge.

No doubt the Coaching Team will be looking st our performance.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 16:54
Kendal 7 Hull 24

Kendal Wasps 39 IOM Vagabonds 22

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2018 17:44 by Flumpty.

Yareet (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 18:36
Quins Ams 75 - 10 Old Streetonians 3s

Iíd imagine itíll be a long trip back to Hackney for Street. For those losing count, out for/against after 3 games is now 189/20.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 12:46
Not a good weekend for the lads from Varley Park

Birkenhead Park 43 Racing Club de Burnage 10
Burnage 2nd XV lost to Warrington 2nd XV
Hope Valley 1st XV beat Burnage 3rd XV

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 03:48
Scunny 35 v 12 Lichfield

Top Midlands premier, still max points

Away at 4th place Luctonians this week, the highest scorers in the league despite 2 narrow defeats.We should remain top (unless Newport(Salop) hand 'bach a proper thrashing, maintaining the maximum start will be impressive.

'Cause we were raised

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 14:42
Quote:
PoyntonShark
Scunny 35 v 12 Lichfield
Top Midlands premier, still max points

Away at 4th place Luctonians this week, the highest scorers in the league despite 2 narrow defeats.We should remain top (unless Newport(Salop) hand 'bach a proper thrashing, maintaining the maximum start will be impressive.

Yep we will be up against it this week at 'port. But our position doesn't reflect our play. Last week's loss to Luctonians was down to injuries and unavailability. We lost 2 props during the game from an already weakened pack.

Three of our losses we could have easily have won.

Not panicking here at Bradwall Road (yet).

06 October, 2018 17:51
Sale FC 42 Old Elthamians 38.

Sale 14 - 0 up then 24 -14 down, then 28-38 down.75 minutes injury time waiting for ambulance for one of Sale's players.

Odogwu 3 tries for, 2 against.

Wilkinson looks class.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 21:58
Bear with me as Iím not 100% sure what this means......

But in the Robinsonís Brewery Jug competition pool C

Racing Club de Burnage 2nd XV beat Sedgeley Park 3rd XV

no idea how the format works but Burnage and Sedgeley Park have fixtures to complete against Sandbach before Christmas

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:43
Luctonians 36 v 7 Scunny

2nd Midlands Premier

Either the table was wrong, or I read it poorly last week.

'Cause we were raised

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:01
Reading everything upside down can't help!(Sm150)

iBozz (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 16:26
National 1 - Saturday, 13th October 2018

Darlington Mowden Park 29 - 31 Sale FC Now 3rd of 16 Match report to follow

We were 14 points down with only 12 minutes to go but ran out on top.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 17:03 by iBozz.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 15:55
Blackburn 25 Racing Club de Burnage 15 in North One West
Liverpool University Veterinarians lost to Burnage 2nd XV
Burnage 3rd XV lost to Aldwinians 3rd XV

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 22:20
Manchester 33 Anselmians 31 in North One West.

20 October, 2018 17:20
Gloom at iBozz towers. Sale FC 20 Rosslyn park 28. Nul points.

FC substituted 100% kicker Johnson with 5 minutes to go. Then missed 2 penalties - one right in front. The ultimate definition of a pointless substitution.

Re: How did your club get on ihis week, 2018/2019.
iBozz (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 17:45
What they need at HR, recycled, is a scoreboard operator who can count! Either that or the bar should stop serving intoxicating liquors!

My own correspondent there texted that the final score was 24 - 31, you have it as 20 - 28 and ncarugby have it as 23 - 31! eye popping smiley

Whatever the correct score (and maybe we'll never know and this will go down in rugby history as one of rugby's great unsolved mysteries) we have dropped from 3rd to 8th - 6 points behind the leaders.

20 October, 2018 19:40
The problem with the score is that the scoreboard is now only accessible by ladder and those of us with a leaning to vertigo daren't look too often. At least that's my excuse. 23-31 it was and still nul points.

You obviously need to return to duty to add some credence to these false news postings.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 19:42
Quote:
6 points behind the leaders.....
.....quite surprisingly Caldy, who won away at Cambridge, 22:27.
It would seem that there were no games in the Cotton Traders Premier League, which contains Caldy2 and Sale FC 2 amongst others.

Further down things Manchester 3 join Rochdale 4 in leaving league 4E of the Halbro North West Leagues. Tydlesley 3 had dropped out of 5N, preseason it would seem, and Tydlesley 2 have conceded twice in 2N. Several teams have dropped out of the Social Rugby Group. Someone has set up quite a neat speadsheet this season.The downside is that the forum smms to have disappeared.

Sale Sharks sponsor several of the leagues and give away 4 tickets per home game. I'm not sure if this is in total or 4 per club. (I presume the information is there somewhere, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to look.) The page also says "In addition, they are offering free coach travel to 50 people at 20 pounds per head." (This is explained on the page.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2018 19:45 by DaveAitch.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 06:00
Scunny 25 v 19 Newport(Salop)

Back to the top of Midlands Premier.

'Cause we were raised

MikeGC (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 08:32
Racing Club de Burnage 1st XV 28 Stockport 19 in North One West
Burnage 2nd XV drew with Kirby Lonsdale 2nd XV
Marple 2nd XV beat Burnage 3rd XV

edit to correct result

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2018 08:32 by MikeGC.

Sale FC (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 15:33
Quote:
iBozz
What they need at HR, recycled, is a scoreboard operator who can count! Either that or the bar should stop serving intoxicating liquors!
My own correspondent there texted that the final score was 24 - 31, you have it as 20 - 28 and ncarugby have it as 23 - 31! eye popping smiley

Whatever the correct score (and maybe we'll never know and this will go down in rugby history as one of rugby's great unsolved mysteries) we have dropped from 3rd to 8th - 6 points behind the leaders.

The scoreboard was accurate. 23-31. No idea who told you it was 24-31.
BTW the child doing the scoreboard wasn't drinking, was able to climb a ladder and is perfectly fine with addition as he has been for last two seasons ;-)

Sale FC, Heywood Road, Brooklands, Sale, Cheshire, M33 3WB

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/396/19732059468_d2605bdfd4_t.jpg

iBozz (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 16:04
Quote:
Sale FC
Quote:
iBozz

The scoreboard was accurate. 23-31. No idea who told you it was 24-31.
BTW the child doing the scoreboard wasn't drinking, was able to climb a ladder and is perfectly fine with addition as he has been for last two seasons ;-)

A fact of which you may be unaware, Sale FC, is that I am even today - several years later - unfairly mocked and bullied about two minor and insignificant mistakes which I made whilst scoring for the Jets at Heywood Road. I once awarded five points to Newcastle after the Jets had scored a try and on a second occasion I made the basic error of removing the previous score before selecting the numbers for the new score and, alas, due to a mathematical misunderstanding deducted five points for a try rather than added them.

Quite why these trivial errors should have caused such an upset at the time and quite why I should be reminded of them even now I have no idea!

And I had a proper walkway to stand on, I did not need to climb a ladder! (Sm13)

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 17:46
Sounds like you just committed a third mockable offence iBozz. Alexei is no doubt smiling & muttering "я так сказал!" (I told you so!)

iBozz (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 09:14
Quote:
H's Dad...
Sounds like you just committed a third mockable offence iBozz. Alexei is no doubt smiling & muttering "я так сказал!" (I told you so!)

I managed the entire call without Alexij shouting at me, in English or Russian, H's D - result! This was to a greater extent because I was on the door all night and thus pretty well invisible and to a lesser extent because he wasn't there this visit! (Sm14)

MikeGC (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:08
and back to the theme of the thread

Carlisle 36 Racing Club de Burnage 35 in North One West
Glossop 2nd XV lost to Burnage 2nd XV
Burnage 3rd XV beat Ashton under Lyne 2nd XV

iBozz (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:50
Saturday, 27th October 2018 National 1

Birmingham Moseley 31 - 22 Sale FC 10th of 16

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 19:10
I wonder, has iBozz started working for the BBC? It's just that the score is being reported as Caldy 0-23 Blackheath, whereas it was (I think) 17-25. Blackheath were worth their win, defending stoutly at times in the second half. Caldy might have taken it but for some poor discipline, twice being marched back a further 10 for back-chat. It does look as though Blackheath are coming good after, on their own admission, playing rather indifferently earlier in the season.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 19:26
Nuneaton 17 v 24 Scunny

Remain top Midlands Premier

'Cause we were raised

MikeGC (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 08:20
Duplicate post removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 05:19 by MikeGC.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 13:13
Scunny 15 v 8 Sandbach

Sounds like a tough old arm wrestle.

Still top Midlands Premier

'Cause we were raised

MikeGC (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 13:10
Although my original post had to go to be reviewed by a moderator to prove it wasnít against the forum rules, it hasnít reappeared.

So here we go again

Racing Club de Burnage 21 Manchester 30
Superb first half display by Manchester saw them build an unassailable lead.
One consolation is that at least their coach is a Burnage old boy.

Burnage 2nd XV lost to Birkenhead Park 2nd XV
Heaton Moor 2nd XV beat Burnage 3rd XV

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 14:02
Something odd is going on here, Mike! Your post appeared twice and it was my attempt to delete the duplicate, which looked identical, that caused the little upset when this thread seemed to disappear.

However, I can see your post above timed at 04 November 2018 0820 - can you not see it?

I, at least, never saw any ďreviewĒ post.

But on to another bad day at the [away] office for Sale FC

National 1

Blackheath 41 - 24 Sale FC. 11th of 16.

The third ďno pointsĒ result in three weeks, alas, so I hope they can keep their heads up and bpunce back!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 14:03 by iBozz.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 14:47
Quote:
iBozz
However, I can see your post above timed at 04 November 2018 0820 - can you not see it?

The only post I can see from 4th November is that from Poyntonshark

All forgotten now

Edit for spelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 14:48 by MikeGC.

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 14:56
Quote:
PoyntonShark
Scunny 15 v 8 Sandbach
Sounds like a tough old arm wrestle.

Still top Midlands Premier

By all accounts could have gone either way but 'bach couldn't break down the Scunny defence despite continuous pressure.Looking forward to the return.

05 November, 2018 16:08
Quote:
MikeGC
Racing Club de Burnage 21 Manchester 30 in North One West.
An excellent first half from Manchester built an unassailable lead.
Of note, at least Manchester's coach is a Burnage old boy......

Burnage 2nd XV lost to Birkenhead Park 2nd XV
Heaton Moor 2nd XV beat Burnage 3rd XV

Original post. Mike, I hope you realise that upsetting Roy is a sackable offence.

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 03:11
WTF! Are iBozz's carers trying to tip him over the edge?.

When I last looked at about 11pm (Aussie Western Time) last night mine was the only post from 4th. Now in the middle of the thread I have MikeGC's missing post, marked as new.

'Cause we were raised

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 09:48
Posterity should/may eventually record Manchester's victory as being Burnage 21 Manchester 33.
The referee has promised to amend the result once he has viewed the video footage of the game to discover if he made an error: it appeared he had failed to record one of the successful penalties in the first half. A rare interesting error that could have had some interesting consequences.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 11:32
Quote:
H's Dad...
Posterity should/may eventually record Manchester's victory as being Burnage 21 Manchester 33.
The referee has promised to amend the result once he has viewed the video footage of the game to discover if he made an error: it appeared he had failed to record one of the successful penalties in the first half. A rare interesting error that could have had some interesting consequences.

Iím fairly sure we werenít videoing the game.
The referee amended the scores at half-time, removing 3 from Manchesterís total.
These lads often have an assessor in tow.

Letís hope that it is sorted out soon.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 17:20
Waterloo 39 Racing Club de Burnage 17 in North One West.
Outplayed and outmuscled by all accounts.
Burnage 2nd XV lost to Fylde 3rd XV
Burnage 3rd XV game against Wilmsow 3rd XV cancelled as Wilmslow 3rds have (very sadly) folded and left the league.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 18:04
Scunny 22 v 13 Syston

Top Midlands Premier

'Cause we were raised

Yareet (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 23:12
Quins Amsí relentless march continues as we beat Belsize Park IV who started the day 3rd in the league. Now played 8, won 8 with 6 BP wins.

iBozz (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 08:15
National 1, Saturday 17th November 2018

Sale FC 38 - 31 Loughborough Students. 11th of 16

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 07:10
Manchester's gradual improvement in form continued with a bonus point win against a strong Blackburn outfit, well worthy of their 2 points. Manchester 35 Blackburn 29.
Manchester rise to 7th, one win away from a top four position in the competitive North One West 17th November.(Sm152)

MikeGC (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:49
Racing Club de Burnage 73 De La Salle (Salford) 26
Sedgeley Park 3rd XV lost to Burnage 2nd XV
Burnage 3rd XV lost to Dukinfield 2nd XV

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 18:46
Bummer

Sheffield 24 v 20 Scunny

Drop to 2nd (due to conceding 6 points more than Bridgnorth) in Midlands Premier

'Cause we were raised

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2018 02:09 by PoyntonShark.

Yareet (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 07:51
Quote:
Yareet
Quins Amsí relentless march continues as we beat Belsize Park IV who started the day 3rd in the league. Now played 8, won 8 with 6 BP wins.

Cup weekend and Quins Ams beat a much improved Old Streetonians IIIs 29-5 to advance to the semi finals.

broadbottomshark (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 09:31
Sale FC lost 21-28 to Chinnor - Dave Seymour's first club - from 21 points down fought back to 21-21 but conceded late-ish try to lose - still 11th of 16 in National 1

iBozz (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 16:37
Saturday, 1st December 2018: National 1

Sale FC 38 - 44 Esher now 11th of 16.

Whilst we staged a remarkable comeback in the final 15 to 20 minutes we struggled and were poor for most of the game gifting two breakaway tries and failing to capitalise on Esher getting three yellow cards (to our one). SFC scored six tries to Esherís five.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 16:39 by iBozz.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 18:47
Back on track

Scunny 34 v 12 Bournville

Back to top Midlands premier, thanks to 'bach holding Bridgnorth to a draw.

'Cause we were raised

MikeGC (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 12:51
Penrith 48 Racing Club de Burnage 12

Bad day for our Burnage boys, scrummaged well but otherwise outplayed

Yareet (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 06:12
Halfway through the season and Quins Ams beat local rivals Thamesians Spartans 0-33. Weíre now P9 W9 with 7 bonus points.

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 17:10
National 1: Saturday, 8th December 2018

Plymouth Albion 14 - 7 Sale FC.

Plymouth scored two tries to SFCís one try and we remain 11th of 16.

P 14; W 5; D 1; L 8.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 03:18
2nd Place Bridgnorth 21 v 21 Scunny

Remain top Midlands Premier.

'Bach drew 19v19 for the 2nd week running, that can't have happened very often.

'Cause we were raised

MikeGC (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 11:42
Racing Club de Burnage 10 Douglas (IoM) 17
Sedgeley Park 3rd XV lost to Burnage 2nd XV
Burnage 3rd XV beat Altrincham Kersal 3rd XV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net