rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Trafford Centre shuttle bus - huge thumbs up
Flumpty (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:28
For the first time today, I took advantage of the FREE shuttle bus from the Trafford Centre, utilising the new road.

After collecting our car post match, we came back across the Barton Bridge and had a quick look at the queues of cars waiting to exit the car parks around the AJBell.

From todays visit, its cheaper (it doesn't get much better value than free !), more convenient (no walking through muddy puddles in an unlit carpark) and quicker as well.

As the Fonz would say, Happy Days.

Re: Trafford Centre shuttle bus - huge thumbs up
M5 Shark (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:32
Although i didn't use the shuttle, it was great to see 3 buses post-match lined up and people queuing to use them. Visibility creates confidence to supporters that may use them the following week. (I argued this point in the past but great to see it coming ro fruition)

iBozz (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:42
I used the Shuttle too and found it excellent both ways.

The bizarre refusal in past seasons to say when the last shuttle would leave the stadium after the game seems to have been abandoned and you have roughly an hour before running the risk of being stranded.

I quote, edited and amended to make more sense "out of context", from an email from Sam Diamond:

Quote:
The bus to the AJB generally runs to around 10 - 15 mins after kickoff.

The bus back runs for approx 1 hour after the final whistle, this is flexible though.

The driver notes numbers on and off so if he notices that most people haven’t yet returned after an hour he will keep going, but to be safe I would work to the hour rule.

It is however only a 10min walk if you fancy a few beers after the match!

I'm not able to walk too far at present (a long and boring story but let's just say that it has been a somewhat "exciting" summer which I hope never to experience ever again) but I am advised by someone who did walk it today that 10 minutes is a bit rich - 40 to 45 minutes is nearer the mark.

Nevertheless, I think that I shall use the Shuttle again.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2018 20:44 by iBozz.

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 07:51
From a drivers’ perspective the arrangements went as well as I can recall at the AJB. Despite a larger than average crowd, access and egress much easier. Used the swing bridge route - free flowing to the lights by the AJB. Much quicker in there - it seemed that pedestrians were being diverted up the car park route and therefore stopping the blockages for cars accessing the ground and car parks. Could be more people on the bus. Either way, much smoother and quicker. Likewise after the match.
Good effort!

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 13:03
Has the ten minute "lockdown" for the car parks ended after the match or is it just far shorter in duration?
If so it would be wise for staff to emphasise a low (pedestrian) speed limit for traffic up to the traffic lights. Some weren't taking it that steady on Sunday.
There is a clear predictable potential RTA risk that will eventually happen.
Are those parking at Barton aerodrome still taking the short cut via the lay-by?
That makes the risk higher, as does the absense of a footpath and crossing on that side.

I was delighted to see at least 4 double decker shuttles in use for the match.
The club should be highlighting this in their publicity to encourage their use, with more supporters parking at the Trafford Centre.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net