rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Guess the team vs Wasps
Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 18:47
Usual game! Incidentally, a little birdie told me that Wasps will have Le Roux in their squad, but no Faf for us. Usual caveats for rumour and hearsay apply. So, to business:

Harrison
Webber
WillGriff John
Evans
Philips
Ross
T Curry
Beaumont

Cliff
AJ
Yarde
Jennings
Sam James
Solomona
McGuigan

Bench

Tarus
Neild
Jones
Strauss
B Curry
Warr
Odogwu
L James

On a whim, Iíve switched the hookers again. I believe Cam played well last week but Webber definitely grows into the season so thatís why Iíve guessed heíll start this week. Iím assuming Denny is fit, too. If he isnít, Paolo starts and we go to a 6-2 bench with Nott coming in. Usual arbitrary Curry call applies.

Itís the side Iím guessing at but not the side Iíd necessarily pick. Problem is, Josh B seems so much more effective at 8 than 5 but is Phillips/Beaumont better than Beaumont/Strauss? If Strauss is fit, we started to see real impact from him as last season went on.

Re: Guess the team vs Wasps
Crutch (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 20:57
I'd definitely start Strauss in this one to counter the Wasps back row bulk, especially if we think Ashley Johnson is starting. Great player but surely isn't fast enough to play back row now though?

clutch (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 21:18
Effective for 50 mins though. Will be much fitter than he looks in the Waldrun style.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 21:37
Crutch - so if you start Strauss, does Beaumont bench or move him to lock?

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 07:22
I wouldnít mind both Curries starting, Ross to 8 and Beaumont to second row. We just have the personnel to overcome opposition packs but both curries on the pitch have an abundnace of pace plus both are now carrying well - especially Tom.

Really hope Denny is back, donít fancy seeing Paolo defend.....

Crutch (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 11:38
Tricky one as in general I'd like to see Josh in the back row only, but for this particular game I think I'd play him at lock.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 11:47
Nearly got it right. Seems a tactic to play both Curries. Good that Denny is back

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 14:40
Got hooker and back row wrong, ah well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net