rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Negativity Board 2.0
23 September, 2018 15:06
Interesting to read Sam Diamond complaining about posters being too negative BEFORE the Wasps match:

"The outlook on this board is extremely negative the majority of the time from a few certain individuals. Supporting a club doesnít involve slagging off players who you donít see good enough. It involves getting behind them week in week out regardless of whoís away and who isnít.

The boys will go well today (v Wasps), and regardless of my job I will support them no matter what like I always have done and always will.

Thereís realism and pessimism and itís the latter thatís found on this board. I love being involved in here with you guys and it gives me chance to act as a fan not always an employee but wow, sometimes I question if posters on here really do support the team or just come on here to direct there negativity at other fans
."

Not on this board obviously (negative, here, perish the thought) but on the Sale Sharks Supporters Club facebook group. How times have changed. The irony.

Re: Negativity Board 2.0
clutch (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 15:12
Looks like we need to up our game.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 15:19
another from the unique sharks textbook on fan engagement. The time to talk is not when you're having your @rse handed to you week in week out. Humility might buy some much needed goodwill just now. Preaching definitely wont.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 15:40
Telling people who pay to support the club, rather than get paid, how they should support the club is just plain silly.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

MartWhit (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:00
path well trodden by Swanton before Diamond jr also took it up. As I say, an approach unique to Sale. Presumably been extensively road tested by endless focus groups and shown to be a marginal gain to ensure Sharks crowds stay at the top of the pile.

23 September, 2018 17:07
Why did he think the "boys" would go well against Wasps? Doesn't he follow rugby and watch the other games not involving Sale?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

MartWhit (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:10
If only we could face wasps in 2-3 weeks. We'd have gone great.

Jar of Tea (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:34
Quote:
PoyntonShark
Telling people who pay to support the club, rather than get paid, how they should support the club is just plain silly.

Absolutely agree.

If they want us to be more positive, as a northerner exiled to London (for reasons unrelated to negativity about my local team) I can be positive at this rate about afternoons next year watching Sale in Richmond and Ealing. That would be quite a nice day.

Rich E (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:50
Currently verbosity from the shareholders and board not being translated into Sharks and Jets performances......get to the premiership phase 1, game 6, take stock, and then kick on......the next set of premiership games will determine where we are, starting with Sarries away.....

Olyy (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:19
Genuine question: What is there to be positive about?

All I can think of is the signings of Ashton and Rohan - neither of whom are available for selection yet.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:43
Frankly I'm a bit surprised, and disappointed, that Sale's communications and media manager isn't able to use the correct 'their' in "there negativity".

madders (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:57
Quote:
DaveAitch
Frankly I'm a bit surprised, and disappointed, that Sale's communications and media manager isn't able to use the correct 'their' in "there negativity".

If it's him who does the Twitter posts, then he's responsible for 'your' instead of 'you're' all the time as well.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:58
Iíve left the SSSC Facebook group less than 48 hours after joining - it really does make this board look like rank amateurs in terms of negativity. Funnily enough, I joined to see what Sam Diamond had said.....

Olyy - not been a huge amount to shout about on the pitch so far this season, but itís nowhere near the troubles of two years ago in terms of depressing fare.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:26
yes, but this league has nothing like Bristol of 2 years ago to go to town on.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 20:03
And two years ago we knew that we would just need to watch our backs rather than hoping for more. Expectations are key in the current mood. We brought in old journeymen or old "legends" in Phillips and Lund who were there for a last pay cheque. Now we've got current internationals on big money. The club has succeeded in changing expectations and now need to deliver.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 10:29
A few other DoRs (no names) bit the dust after a run of poor results!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net