rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Bottom of the table
2007dwain (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:03
Know itís still early doors but Worcester just got great win at Leicester leaving us a point behind Northampton at the bottom. We have Leicester next and I can see a fight back from them after that. Iím not liking this.

Re: Bottom of the table
MartWhit (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:11
Worcs played fearlessly precise bold rugby away from home?

What ere they thinking? They're reading the wrong playbook. Win your home games and sneak bonus points on the road.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:15
They are supposedly operating on wages at 110% of budget though reportedly. We can also fulfill our Shield games too unlike Gloucester and Wasps. All is good in da hood...

If we have two new props and a 9.

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:20
and 2nd worst points scored against total...

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:33
5 points off 6th with 18 games to go........come on Sale!

23 September, 2018 17:41
Justifiably so I think. Even Wuss today looked yards quicker in thought and deed than we have done.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

StalyShark (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:41
Quote:
buelligansmate
5 points off 6th with 18 games to go........come on Sale!

Always look on the bright side of life,
Do do, do do, do do, do do do...

2007dwain (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:55
Agree. Look at that losing spell Exeter had and Saracens last year. They did ok after

bryanh (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:33
What would happen if we were to go down to the championship and sale fc get promoted with the cross over of players and training facilities

brilin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 22:34
Wow! What an optimist. Can I get some of what you are taking!

The other 'arf

WithingtonShark (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 08:22
Quote:
2007dwain
Agree. Look at that losing spell Exeter had and Saracens last year. They did ok after

We are just getting ours out of the way early!

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 09:47
Quote:
2007dwain
I'm not sure you meant that to be taken seriously or (more likely) hopefully.

Neither Exeter nor Saracens had a spell of losing 3 in 4. They both had one run of losing two consecutive games in the Premiership season:
Exeter:   L,W,L,W,W,W,L,L,W,W,W,W,W,W,W,W,W,L,W,W,W,W
Saracens: W,W,W,W,L,W,W,W,L,W,W,L,W,W,L,L,W,W,L,W,W,W

Edit: at least I hope these are last season's results. I took them from sportsmole - reasonably set out, but doesn't seem to want to update when changing the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2018 10:08 by DaveAitch.

johneverton (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 10:13
For the record, Saracens lost seven consecutive games last season in three competitions:

Nov.5 Anglo Welsh Cup Quins (H) L.29-30
Nov.10 Anglo Welsh Cup Sale Sharks (A) L.22-29
Nov.17 Aviva Premiership Gloucester (A) L.17-23
Nov.26 Aviva Premiership Exeter (H) L.18-20
Dec.3 Aviva Premiership Quins (A) L.19-20
Dec.11 European Champs Clermont Auvergne (H) L.14-46
Dec.17 European Champs Clermont Auvergne (A) L.21-24

The game at the AJ Bell was the 'Orange shirt' charity match, and the home defeat to Clermont was played on a Monday teatime after snow in London.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 10:42
Sale did lose seven Premiership games in a row at the start of 2012-2013 season an ended up in 10th place, so losing 3 in 4 is arguably neither here nor there.

It would appear that sportsmole results above are incorrect. (It does support my contention that there isn't a statistics website that gives the facts and figures accurately in an easy to find form.)

24 September, 2018 10:45
It's not just the results - it's the performances of both the team and some individuals who look out on their feet already four games into the season.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 10:58
Fully agree Mrs T. without taking the performances in account, simply looking back at the results, there is a good argument to be made for them all being predictable. Quinns away, rarely been a successful place for us, we got a pasting there last year too. Quinns changes gave us hope (their form since suggests that hope was justified). Beating Wuss at home surely forecast, losing away at Exeter almost a given. Losing at home to Wasps, no real precedent, isn't that their second win up here in 13 attempts?, but a top 4 side full of stars. So only winning 1 from 4 of that lot not necessarily a disaster, but the manner of the performances is what is so troubling. Refusing to score from so many chances the biggest issue for me.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:16
Once our 4 missing first-choice backs are available I'm sure we'll score more tries. The lack of depth and quality up front is a far bigger problem surely, because there's no solution on the horizon.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:24
You would hope the returnees would help the problem, though there are no guarantees. My point is that even with the Front 5 problems we are still creating chances. The thin squad will inevitably see regulars tire later in the season, but I see no reason that we won't continue to create chances for most of the season at least. There may well be a solution on the horizon to the front 5 issues, bu we won't be told.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net