rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Rugby Pass
dinogyro (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 12:32
Does anyone know anything about the Rugby Pass website? I was thinking of upgrading my Sky Sport subscription to watch the Autumn Internationals, but would Rugby Pass be a better bet, as it is much cheaper ($0.99 per month)?

It seems too cheap to be real.

Re: Rugby Pass
Elly_Font (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:03
Don't think RugbyPass streaming is available in the uk legitimately so don't think we can advise you on using it on this forum. sure if you googled you might find more information on it and think people over on reddit rugby could tell you about the service.

dinogyro (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:44
Thanks for the info. I think I will play it safe and just upgrade my Sky. I don't want to miss anything!

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:50
Rugbypass is very much available in the UK, its biggest market.

My advise, get a US VPN and sign up for NBC Gold at $60 per season...almost a giveaway

Elly_Font (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:04
Yeah you can use rugbypass in the uk but don't think they have the rights to show any games here so like you say for nbc you will have to VPN if you wanted to watch something which I don't think we should be advising on this forum as not sure what the rules are but don't think you're meant to do it. Saying that the benefit of a VPN is its hard to trace you network traffic back to you and as you can buy rugbypass in the uk can't say you can't have that subscription.

dinogyro (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 11:29
I don't know what VPN is, and I am rubbish with computers, so I am going to go with Sky.

Thank you for the advice, it has helped me decide.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 11:54
VPN = virtual private network.
Basically when in use one the other end, as it were, can't recognise who you are nor from where you are connecting. There are several free VPNs for the iPad which seem to work well. Usually for Windows, to get full use, you need to buy one at £x per month. That said, I have just installed AVG full security and this seems to acting like VPN. I do wonder, however, if it's part of the 60 day free trial of their VPN, though I didn't actually tick the box for using the trial.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:32
Hymenoptera's suggestion looks interesting.
Around £80 for a years use of Nord VPN + NBC Gold Sports for 6N, Champions Cup and Challenge cup Knockout matches, Premiershiership Rugby and some other Rugby internationals.
At least none of the money ends up in News Corp and Murdoch.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:53
Does anyone know if the Challenge cups are on the "betting sites" as I use Unibet - I seem to remember last season these games aren't on but not 100%

For anyone that uses rugby pass does it stream the Prem games fully? Unibet doesn't really have a full window

StalyShark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 14:17
Yes the have full games live with English commentary. They donít have Challenge Cup games this year it seems but they do have all the Prem Cup games this year.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:38
The knock-out (final stages) of the Challenge Cup are included on NBC Gold Rugby Pass (March to May next year)

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:27
Quote:
H's Dad...
Around £80 for a years use of Nord VPN + NBC Gold Sports for 6N, Champions Cup and Challenge cup Knockout matches, Premiershiership Rugby and some other Rugby internationals.

I use it with Trickbytes, 30 quid a year.

its been stellar so far, every prem game, euro game, some challennge and the six nation for 40 quid a year...just cant be beat. Quality is outstanding.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:40
On a diverging but similar note, Saturday 's game is listed as being shown on bein sport 1

Does anyone have experience of this service and how it works?

StalyShark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:51
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
On a diverging but similar note, Saturday 's game is listed as being shown on bein sport 1

I canít find it on their listings so I have emailed them and am awaiting a reply.

Olyy (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:58
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Quote:
H's Dad...

its been stellar so far, every prem game, euro game, some challennge and the six nation for 40 quid a year...just cant be beat. Quality is outstanding.

Can you cast from the app, or is it locked?

I had BT Sport through my EE contract but they blocked casting, and then started charging extra for it, so I just binned it off and went back to pirating.

The music industry has twigged that people are willing to pay for the product if it's easy to do so, it's about time everyone else caught up.

Rugbypass is a fantastic service, it's just a shame all the licenses are exclusive in the UK so we can't use it without VPNs

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:12
Quote:
StalyShark
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark

I canít find it on their listings so I have emailed them and am awaiting a reply.

It's only the french bein sport 1 showing the game i reckon

StalyShark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:18
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
StalyShark
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark

It's only the french bein sport 1 showing the game i reckon

Had my VPN for France but still couldn't see it on the listings. Tried Spain too, no luck.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 22:02
Using a French VPN the only Challenge Cup match on Bein Sport 1 on Saturday appears to be Stade Francais v Worcester in the evening. There are Champions Cup matches all afternoon.

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 23:25
Quote:
H's Dad...
Using a French VPN the only Challenge Cup match on Bein Sport 1 on Saturday appears to be Stade Francais v Worcester in the evening. There are Champions Cup matches all afternoon.
The game is on friday

Pilgrim Pete (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 08:27
The game is being shown 'live' on BEIN Sports in France. So if you select France in your VPN
and then go to the BEIN web site it is shown in the listing at 19:40 local time.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 09:55
Got it and paid my Ä15. App doesnít work though. Will try laptop.

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 13:12
Quote:
Olyy
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Quote:
H's Dad...

Can you cast from the app, or is it locked?

I had BT Sport through my EE contract but they blocked casting, and then started charging extra for it, so I just binned it off and went back to pirating.

The music industry has twigged that people are willing to pay for the product if it's easy to do so, it's about time everyone else caught up.

Rugbypass is a fantastic service, it's just a shame all the licenses are exclusive in the UK so we can't use it without VPNs

App doesnt cast, you have to use a screen cast instead. Also for the app, you need to use a location spoofer to put you in the US. outside of that, the app is pretty good if a bit basic.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 16:21
Nord VPN is good in that respect, lots of servers all over the world and location spoofing is automatic: you can select which country or even which server you want to connect via using the "favourite servers" option. You can use them on up to 6 devices including Smart tvs themselves.

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 16:52
Depends on what OS they are running. Native Android isn't tracked via IP, its via geolocation, so you have to have that set to US.

Also, why pay a hefty 80 quid, spoofing apps are free, pay 30 and take the wife, or someones wife, out for a meal...

Pilgrim Pete (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 21:31
Does it work ok?? I take it you went thought French language sign up for one month only?

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 01:12
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Also, why pay a hefty 80 quid, spoofing apps are free

That's an easy one, spoofing apps provide no security/privacy. Your ISP sees all data that you download/stream. They are legally bound, when asked, to divulge that information.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 14:50
Why would NBC ask, its revenue...this aint the BBC

anyway..it works a treat

jocktheshark (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 18:18
I must admit that I am a big fan of Rugbypass, some great quality and quantity. My one gripe is that the occasional game can be on delayed release where you can watch it 2 hours after it has ended. NBCSN is also an option. But for tonight its BEINtv

franknfurter (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 00:27
So did anyone watch the match on screen?

Please put up full match or highlights on yoo choob

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 02:57
NBC probably wouldn't, SKY might.

Don't disagree that it works, just warning that it might not be risk free.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net