rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Will's Happy!
H's Dad... (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 08:01

Re: Will's Happy!
emerging shark (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 15:14
A friend of mine in Ulster reckons that both Addison and Haley will be in the Irish squad very soon...

Yareet (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 07:02
Quote:
emerging shark
A friend of mine in Ulster reckons that both Addison and Haley will be in the Irish squad very soon...

I imagine they will. If the IRFU have tempted Will and Mike with test rugby, a) the union need to try them out sharpish with so few games until the RWC squad is announced and b) Iíd guess the union will want to make sure England donít claim them both back.

yukon (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 07:16
Come on Will, you've made your point- now back you come...!

19 October, 2018 15:44
How can England claim them back if they are playing Ireland?

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:48
I assume that Yareet means they are both England qualified, a well as Ireland, so until they play for Ireland, they are potentially available for selection for England,

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:52
Quote:
PoyntonShark
I assume that Yareet means they are both England qualified, a well as Ireland, so until they play for Ireland, they are potentially available for selection for England,

The trick for Schmidt now is to give Addison a few caps this autumn, then come the six nations pick him for the game against England, hope he plays a blinder, then rub it in eddies nose should Ireland win, as he'd be the one that got away!

Olyy (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 22:13
As much as I always wanted to see him play for England, I really hope Will gets the nod for Ireland (and by all accounts, media/pundits/ex-players, it's going to happen). Playing really well for Ulster atm, even slotting in at 10 a bit.

I'm not sure Haley will get the call up. He's going well enough for Munster but not standing out half as much as Will is. Ireland have a lot of talent in the back 3 and his not really playing anywhere other than 15 will count against him. Larmour, Kearney, Earls, Stockdale, Conway, Addison - Carbery covers 15 too. I can't see there being room for Haley, unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 22:18 by Olyy.

Yareet (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 22:16
Quote:
PoyntonShark

More than qualified, they were in the England pathway/wider squads but yes that is what I meant.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 08:30
The main, perhaps only, problem for Addison is his ability to pick up an injury just as he is beginning to make real progress. a good injury-free run will surely see him get there.

20 October, 2018 10:28
But if they are still playing in Ireland they won't get picked for England wos wot I meant.

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:44
Watching on delay but haley just picked up the first try in the munster versus gloucester game.

Olyy (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:45
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Watching on delay but haley just picked up the first try in the munster versus gloucester game.

Thought he had a really good game - rock solid at the back, some nice offloading and took his try well.

I might be eating my words when the side is announced!

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 16:59
Will addison looking good versus racing.

Yareet (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 19:52
Quote:
emerging shark
But if they are still playing in Ireland they won't get picked for England wos wot I meant.

Ah yes fair point

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net