rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Props
NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 19:44
[www.rugbypass.com]

Apparently we are going to sign Cooper-Woolley on a “lucrative” contract. Solid option for a prop.

I would be interested in us signing either McIntyre or Mullan as well if it’s true that they are available. Plus getting McIntyre would add to the NW numbers at the Club.

Re: Props
Olyy (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 19:56
Academy numbers, as well.

I wasn't too sure on McIntyre when he was starting to graduate from the academy, but it's hard to judge props at such a young age - he's developed into a good prem-standard prop. Would be happy to see him return.

Always been a fan of Mullan.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 20:36
mullan much underrated, but been injured a lot lately hasnt he?

23Shark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 07:08
I'd take Simpson too whilst we're at it! Nothing like a bit of role reversal on recent seasons!

thekeg (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 08:15
That’s great news if true, I think he’s one of the more underrated props I the premiership, £300,000 doesn’t seem excessive to me for a decent tightrhead

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 10:12
Lots of "rumours" about players leaving Wasps........if there was ever a time to get Tommy Taylor back - it's now!

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 10:34
If they were all there for the taking I would take TT, McIntyre and JCW as a job lot.

McIntyre - would provide a v. good rotation option with Harrison; with Flynn & Pope younger/development options.

Taylor - everyone knows what he brings. I would have him as first choice and would consider letting Webber go at the end of next season. This would then allow Neild, Langdon and Dolly to develop. i would even be tempted to loan on of them to a Championship club to get consistent first team opportunities at hooker.

JCW - Good option and would add to the mix with John as a backup and Jones as a younger option.

Despite previous issues with Wasps having a preference for SS trained players; there must be some issue at that Club if the rumours of all the departures are true. I hope we don't see them jump around location again without ever settling and establishing themselves.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 15:09
The implosion of the Coventry Project gets ever closer

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 17:41
Quote:
NorthernMaori
If they were all there for the taking I would take TT, McIntyre and JCW as a job lot.
McIntyre - would provide a v. good rotation option with Harrison; with Flynn & Pope younger/development options.

Taylor - everyone knows what he brings. I would have him as first choice and would consider letting Webber go at the end of next season. This would then allow Neild, Langdon and Dolly to develop. i would even be tempted to loan on of them to a Championship club to get consistent first team opportunities at hooker.

JCW - Good option and would add to the mix with John as a backup and Jones as a younger option.

Despite previous issues with Wasps having a preference for SS trained players; there must be some issue at that Club if the rumours of all the departures are true. I hope we don't see them jump around location again without ever settling and establishing themselves.

If we could get TT back then we could loan one of Neild, Langdon or Dolly to Wasps perhaps?!

StalyShark (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 10:52
Flynn is travelling with the squad to Bordeaux so maybe he’s nearly ready. Maybe he’ll even play one day!

MartWhit (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 13:37
dont be daft Staly

MartWhit (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 17:16
Of the Wasps tight heads, I'd say the best is Brookes who would have been a nice pickup last year before he went to wasps. Cooper Wooley is a v good player. Stephen Jones is a big fan which always makes me skeptical, but he's suffered with injury for a while hasn't he? You'd think there was more upside for not so much current difference in Will Stuart who is also rumoured to be on the move.

Agree with others on TT.

Macintyre has made up into a very solid premiership player. Cant be sure he's so much better than a fit and firing Flynn or Bristow though.

bigfecker (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 09:19
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
NorthernMaori

If we could get TT back then we could loan one of Neild, Langdon or Dolly to Wasps perhaps?!

TT is a fantastic player when fit, he's been broken more times than he has been fit.

For me at hooker, Langdon has moved above Neild, so Neilds place at 2 must be under review with Dolly coming through. Dai young was after Neild a couple of years ago, maybe a deal to be done.

Crutch (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 20:19
[mobile.twitter.com]

Anyone else seen this? The twitter post has been “liked” by Sale Sharks...

09 December, 2018 20:28
Just seen it. Will h be joining straight away??

clutch (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 21:47
As a winger by the looks of the footage.

Olyy (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 09:00
Strange to see us sign a loosehead mid season after the arrival of Bristow and the imminent return of Flynn

Looks a beast from the clips I've seen, though

StalyShark (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 09:26
Can he hold up the scrum and play more than 7 minutes though?

WithingtonShark (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 09:38
How did Bristow and Jones get on at the weekend?

stmky (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 10:04
Valery Morozov from Enisei-STM new Sale prop

stmky (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 11:14
The forward of the first line of “Enisei-STM” and the Russian national team signed a contract with “Sale Sharks”.

The agreement will come into force on January 1.

According to Alexander Pervukhin, the club from Salford became interested in Valery in the first half of this year.

“We talked for a long time with the English. Now we can say with 100 percent certainty that Valery Morozov is switching to “Sale Sharks”. The player approached me and honestly said that he wanted to try himself in the English Premier League. We treated his desire with understanding. It's nice that in three years at Enisei-STM we were able to grow from a young third-line player to the left prop, who received an invitation from the club representing one of the strongest European club championships, ”commented the agreement on the chairman of the Coaching Council of Enisei-STM.

Valeriy Morozov has been performing in Enisei-STM since 2015, moving from amateur RC Zelenograd. During this time, the player has collected an impressive collection of awards - three times champion of Russia (2016, 2017, 2018), twice winner of the Cup of Russia (2016, 2017), winner of the Super Cup of Russia (2017), twice winner of the Continental Shield (2017, 2018). Also on the account of Morozov 15 matches in the Russian national team, in which he was noted with one try.

https://rugger.info/news/23233

StalyShark (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 12:15
RugbyPass index has him on the same points score as Joe Marler... If he can scrum like him then I think we’ll be ok! Though let’s hope he likes Maryland more than Marler does!

[www.rugbypass.com]

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 12:19
wrt Withingtons question, it looked to me we had scrum superiority throughout last weekend, although that task was simplified after halftime by the red card for their player. IMO Bristow has looked very comfortable in his appearances so far. Just because Harrison has the fitness to play a full 80 without his stats declining markely in the last 20mins doesnt mean he should be asked to do it, and I think Bristow would give us some good basic stability if given more opportunity to play.

It very un-Sale to have 5 players in any position, which we now do.
Suggests Pope may be farmed out for more seasoning, and one of Flynn or Bristow's days are numbered.
Would probably also squash any chance of McIntyre rejoining.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 12:43
He’ll be a “project player” on a very cheap salary. I doubt we’ll see that much of him for a while. Andrei will have put in a good word for him.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 12:47
I'd guess no more project than WGJ, so whilst he may not play much this season, I think he'l be expected to be in contention for the start of next.

stmky (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 13:11
Morozov was born on September 21, 1994 in Zelenograd (Ostrikov and ex-Saint Artemyev also from there). With 7 years involved in volleyball. He graduated from the Academy and complied with the standard candidate of master of sports in volleyball. At age 14, Valery was offered to try out rugby.

At first, he doubted: “is it worth it?” Because he was seriously engaged in volleyball, but still decided to be like rugby training, the benefit is that they did not coincide with volleyball.

At 15, he grew to 191 cm, but for serious volleyball clubs, this was not enough, and he completely plunged into rugby. In addition to physical data, Valery has great diligence. In order to catch up with his peers who had been training for several years longer, he began to train more than others, and at the age of 18 he received an invitation to the Russia U18.

At the same time, he started playing in the Zelenograd men's rugby team, and at the end of 2015 he received an invitation and signed a three-year contract with the professional club Enisei-STM.

thekeg (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 13:16
Quote:
MartWhit
I'd guess no more project than WGJ, so whilst he may not play much this season, I think he'l be expected to be in contention for the start of next.

Really? I’d think WGJ was much closer to prem ready then this lad will be. I think we could be looking at an 18 month development period here. That’s not a criticism, just think it’s a huge step up for him

MartWhit (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 14:55
Even if he's playing for a weak side, he's already playing Challenge Cup rugby and International Rugby. He's physically mature but might need conditioning for the Prem.

I still think he'll be expected to be ready.

How long did it take Vad to get to the same stage from probably further back in terms of proffesionalism?

thekeg (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 16:29
Quote:
MartWhit
Even if he's playing for a weak side, he's already playing Challenge Cup rugby and International Rugby. He's physically mature but might need conditioning for the Prem.
I still think he'll be expected to be ready.

How long did it take Vad to get to the same stage from probably further back in terms of proffesionalism?

I’d say it took Cobilas around 18 months to get up to speed. I hope he comes ready for action!

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 20:05
Quote:
WithingtonShark
How did Bristow and Jones get on at the weekend?

They did OK. Jones was against a v tall loose head who wasn’t great. Scrums went either way when Bordeaux had a full 8, but generally we had the edge. We then had men advantages. First scrum after Harrison came on he destroyed their front row.
Both Bristow and Jones did good work in the loose. I suspect that Saturday wasn’t a great test by which to benchmark them. To me Jones has been really under pressure on the tight head in premiership games.

camshark (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 20:57
Quote:
MartWhit

I think he is more of a next season project, he should be pretty conditioned by the time he's back from the Russian team after they depart the WC in Japan mid October.

Crutch (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 22:59
At least we’re getting options in now rather than banking on getting the big name signing. I presume if a Kitchoff type came up as available we’d still go for it and then work out the squad after?

StalyShark (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 12:04
Morozov officially announced.

stmky (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 17:12
If someone in Premiership needs a flanker, take a closer look at Tagir Gadzhiev from Kuban. One of the best rugby players of Russia with good potential.
https://www.rugbypass.com/internationals/teams/russia/players/tagir-gadzhiev/games/
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 17:39
Quote:
stmky
If someone in Premiership needs a flanker, take a closer look at Tagir Gadzhiev from Kuban. One of the best rugby players of Russia with good potential.
https://www.rugbypass.com/internationals/teams/russia/players/tagir-gadzhiev/games/
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome to the board Tagir!!

romanfaithfull (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 17:52
stmky, vy od kuda bratan? ya by dymal, shto vy iz rossii, pravda li? (y nas tyt tolka latinitsa, izvinite!) apologies if you're not actually Russian haha sorry.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 10:08
FYI Morozov joins the squad on Monday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net