rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Who is going to drop this season
Flumpty (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 18:10
As we roll up to Christmas, we have the closest bottom 2/3rds of the Premiership for yonks.

Who do you reckon will be bottom on the last day of the season.

For me, I think that it will Worc this time around in 12th, Bristol in 11th and Bath in 10th.

Sale will end 5th (Sm128)

Re: Who is going to drop this season
thekeg (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 18:42
Based on what I watched this weekend Id say Worcester look like the most likely

Olyy (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 19:17
I predicted Wuss preseason and I'm sticking with it.

When they're on they can pull out big results but i don't think their form averages out to enough spread out over the whole season.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 21:48
I found myself with horribly mixed feelings this afternoon!

I really don't want see the northern influence on top-level rugby reduced by Falcons going down. I also have a great affection for the North-East, its people and landscape. And yet every defeat they suffer makes us less likely to be the ones to lose out.

Long Eaton Shark (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 09:07
Sale, Worcester, Newcastle or Bristol.

I think it will go down to the final game of the season.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 10:31
Quote:
Long Eaton Shark
Sale, Worcester, Newcastle or Bristol.
I think it will go down to the final game of the season.

And we are away to all 3 in the last quarter of the season

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 11:00
I think Sale will be safe if we can start stringing together our attacking game like we did last year. At the moment we are just not picking up any bonus points. However, we haven't had a chance to roll out a consistent backline due to injuries, international selection and suspension.

On the basis of the games at home vs Worcester, Falcons and Bristol, the latter would be my choice for the drop.

Crutch (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 11:07
We may not be scoring enough tries, but our defence is right up there. Only the top 3 have conceded fewer points, and thats including the 51 we gave away to Quins first up.

clutch (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 16:19
Proves how tight the league is. Newcastle may go down and they finished 4th last year. Madness. Great to watch though.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 19:44
Newcastle have won 1 and lost 4 at home, but then they have played Saracens, Exeter, Wasps, Gloucester and Bath. Sale have won 4 and lost 1, having played Newcastle, Worcester, Bristol Northampton and Wasps. Newcastle have won twice on the road, losing 3. Sale have drawn 1 and lost 4. Newcastele's opponents at home are 5 of the top 6. Other than Wasps, Sale's opposition are in the bottom 5 (with Sale). I haven't really looked at the other two main protagonists, but what is true is that Sale need to get some results home and away. Yes, quite high up on the ladder of lack of points conceded, but also pretty poor in the points scored column (second to last, I think).

It all makes the rest of the season quite interesting. If there weren't relegation we wouldn't need this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2018 19:52 by DaveAitch.

Crutch (IP Logged)
24 December, 2018 20:21
Weve also been away to Exeter, Sarries, Leicester, Bath and Quins, so no obvious opportunities to get an away win.

Second half of the season we have more likely opportunities to get some away points, but also tougher opposition to get the home wins, so really could go either way...

philthefluter (IP Logged)
26 December, 2018 11:23
At the start of the season our three banker home wins looked to be Bristol, Worcester and Newcastle with arguably Northampton as the fourth.
We have now played and won them all but without a TBP in sight and at this stage we don't have any daylight between us and the bottom club.
This means we have to win most of the reverse fixtures and also pick up wins against some of the higher ranked teams.
It should be possible but we need much more consistency.

Yareet (IP Logged)
26 December, 2018 18:19
Quote:
philthefluter
At the start of the season our three banker home wins looked to be Bristol, Worcester and Newcastle with arguably Northampton as the fourth.
We have now played and won them all but without a TBP in sight and at this stage we don't have any daylight between us and the bottom club.
This means we have to win most of the reverse fixtures and also pick up wins against some of the higher ranked teams.
It should be possible but we need much more consistency.

As much daylight between us and the drop as there is between us and 4th.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net