rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Connacht v Sale, 12 Jan, Travel Help
M5 Shark (IP Logged)
26 December, 2018 21:11
I'm now free on this weekend (a last minute change to a family event) and thinking about a trip to Ireland.

First glance shows an Aer Lingus flight from Manchester, arriving in Dublin at 0915. Then get the bus at 1015, arriving Galway coach station at 1315.

I know it's not a great plan, but is anyone else doing a similar trip?

Re: Connacht v Sale, 12 Jan, Travel Help
Tenorshark (IP Logged)
26 December, 2018 21:45
HI.

A large-ish group of us are doing similar. Arriving on a few different flights between 09:00 & 10:30 and meeting in central dublin for lunch. We're getting the 14:45 bus ever to Galway and reversing this route on the sunday for flights out of Dub. I'd say booking whichever bus you're on fairly quickly as Friday afternoon buses can be v busy out of Dub due to students etc heading home for the weekend.

26 December, 2018 22:05
Four of us arriving in Dublin Friday 1pm from Manchester. 1 night in Dublin then 9ish bus to Galway Sat morning 1145 arrival. Sat night in Galway then bus straight from Galway to Dub Dun afternoon for a 6 Ish flight back to Manchester.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
26 December, 2018 22:40
Or you could fly Liverpool to knock for 30, hire a car for 25 and avoid the tedious 3 hour bus trip across Ireland. Or Manchester to Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/12/2018 22:48 by ashtonshark.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 04:04
Thanks for the responses.

Neither of us drive so public transport is our only option.

Also, I was planning on flying on the Saturday morning. I know it's risky but unfortunately that's all our work schedules will allow

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 06:26
No problem
We actually have 2 spare seats in our hire car but due to my health we can't actually guaranted we will make the trip until the day. Otherwise we would have been happy to help out other supporters with the trip between Knock and Galway

jocktheshark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 17:11
Sorry M5,

We are flying into Shannon on Friday night. No doubt we'll see the majority of you in the hotel/pub.

Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
08 January, 2019 20:41
Does anyone have a space in a car between Knock and Galway on Saturday? He'll chip in to the hire etc. just seen the plea on the SSSC Facebook page. Looks like loads going.

East Stand Shark (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 14:52
Rani,

I have a spare place in the 7 seater car that I've booked from Knock Airport to Galway on Saturday morning. I'm flying on the Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Knock on Saturday morning. He is welcome to share a lift providing he doesn't mind sharing the car with 5 other rabid Sale fans.

I don't do facebook so the gent in question will have to contact me directly to coordinate meeting at Knock airport

Pilgrim Pete (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 18:30
Hi

I am in the same flight and travelling alone. Happy to contribute to cost if you have space still?

Yours

Rabid Sale Fan!!

Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 18:41
Hi East Stand Shark. I have sent you a private message earlier, I was waiting on Angela to get back to me as I saw the request on facebook and she has asked if you can email her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net