rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Post match fracas?
H's D (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 18:59
It will be interesting to see what happens in the immediate aftermath of the Court case in February wrt Cillian Willis. I suspect many of us attended the critical game concerned and remember what happened.
Establishing whether there was a 'bullying culture' at Sale Sharks may well be critical to the case.
I'm also wondering if journalists like Sam Peters will be giving evidence. It could explain a lot.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 20:19
The latest edition of the Times rugby podcast, The Ruck, has Stephen Jones and his mates interviewing Sam Peters following his decision not to report SD to the RFU. Peters occupation of the moral high ground is nauseating

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 22:17
Dimes give his view
[www.bbc.com]

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 23:06
[www.theguardian.com]

Seems to be coming to an end now.

Clickbait Peters has about as much credibility as Trump and his recent tweets arenít assisting him. Swanny chip on his shoulder got made more transparent in the entire incident so as a net result this has turned out to be overall positive -in terms of certain people to stop giving airtime in personal greviances. Like all clubs DoRís will have folks who are negative towards them and also those that praise them.

Some potential bad news - in the sky sports article covering the Ďredemptioní of Dimes it suggested the De Preez brothers arenít part of the re-signings

[www.skysports.com]

clutch (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 23:20
Thatís not a quote though so not sure where that has come from

Olyy (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 23:44
Could be that it can't be announced until current commitments are played out - I presume we agreed full time terms with Rohan months before it was announced

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 08:14
Not retaining JPdP would be a blow. He really has made a massive contribution since he arrived and is exactly what we were missing in our pack i.e a big powerful and effective ball carrier from the back row

WiganSaler (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 10:02
[www.theguardian.com]

'Shock Horror' Players bullied into re-signing and supporting Dimes!

--------------------------------------------------
Wigan "Home for the Bewildered"

Fully paid up member of the LSSSSC.
"Long Suffering Sale Sharks Supporters Club"

H's D (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 10:14
The Guardian article is pretty well-balanced IMHO and gives a few extra facts/details compared to other sources of coverage. e.g 35% lower injury rates, insurance premiums comparatively low (although that may be just as much influenced by a small squad).

This quote summarises what I have concluded from numerous interractions over the course of Dimes' tenure...He may have coached more initially, but....
Quote:
Dimes
ďThe players drive the mentality in the building and I am a facilitator, I donít do much coaching.Ē

Manifestly the players appreciate the end result of the above...the morale is excellent.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2019 10:18 by H's D.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 10:19
Considering Peters record of portraying himself as wanting justice and to stand up for players itís pretty clear if there was any case for SD to answer for in this he would have made sure it went all the way to the RFU.

To continue suggesting SD is a bully but actively saying he doesnít want to report said case of bullying to me proves completely that there is no case for us to answer.

Iím sure anyone with half a brain can see that right?

H's D (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 10:28
Not necessarily.
One person's Alpha Male is another's Bully.
"Old School" bosses in business generally are said to be an endangered species.
Many want to see them made extinct.
Attitudes to previously acceptable behaviours change over time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2019 11:28 by H's D.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 13:19
Quote:
Monty9
Considering Peters record of portraying himself as wanting justice and to stand up for players itís pretty clear if there was any case for SD to answer for in this he would have made sure it went all the way to the RFU.
To continue suggesting SD is a bully but actively saying he doesnít want to report said case of bullying to me proves completely that there is no case for us to answer.

Iím sure anyone with half a brain can see that right?
ii
Then anyone with half a brain would also conclude that the reason why Dimes did try to take redress against the original article would conclude that he didn't because it contained too much truth.

And I thought several Sale supporters were only one-eyed when it came to refereeing decisions. What you have said above, Monty9, just proves that you believe what you want to believe. Maybe they have both taken legal advice and the conclusion was it would be unwise to pursue things further with the Cillian Willis case coming up.

Also, some have referred to the fact that various players have re-signed is proof positive that Dimes isn't as he has been painted by some. Anyone with your proverbial half a brain would see through that argument without too much trouble.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 13:44
Quote:
DaveAitch
What you have said above, Monty9, just proves that you believe what you want to believe

That is absolutely true I do believe what I want to believe and I would almost guarantee that my opinion is based on a considerable more amount of fact and knowledge.

But as with anything Dave we are all entitled to different opinions, and I always values yours just on this one we will have to agree to differ.

I do apologise for saying ďhalf a brainĒ though as that could come across as insulting and I wouldnít like to do that.

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 17:00
Listen to The Ruck podcast, apart from being a decent 30 mins podcast, Peter's is this weeks dial in and give his side of events.

neiljk (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 17:41
Some of you guys are hilariously one eyed. You are happy to lambast a journalist because he wrote an article you didnít like, but youíll defend Diamonds behaviour. One or two of you even think itís ok to shout and swear on the sidelines.

Many of the Sale squad are clearly happy, however that does not establish that everyone is happy as evidence in the public domain from former employees demonstrate that isn't true.

Perhaps Peters decision not to pursue is because he feels his point is proved and he has no interest in spinning it out further. It certainly doesnít prove he was the aggressor (the evidence suggests otherwise) or that he was the one at fault.

Iíve seen too much stupid behaviour at kids rugby, and whether the pro game likes it or not they set an example. That starts with not acting the fool on the sidelines.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 18:18
Quote:
neiljk
Some of you guys are hilariously one eyed. You are happy to lambast a journalist because he wrote an article you didnít like, but youíll defend Diamonds behaviour. One or two of you even think itís ok to shout and swear on the sidelines.

The problem I had with the original article was its tone. I am sure Peters is genuine in his concern over injuries within the game and HIA's in particular, but he clearly has an agenda wrt SD in this respect when the medical evidence that has since been provided suggests that Sale have consistently had a better record than most in this area. Shouting and swearing from the sidelines is not acceptable.

Quote:
neiljk
Many of the Sale squad are clearly happy, however that does not establish that everyone is happy as evidence in the public domain from former employees demonstrate that isn't true.

To my knowledge, it is only Dan Mugford as an employee who has publicly alluded to alleged bullying? Unfortunately, his time at Sale was not a success and he has bravely spoken about his mental health issues at that time. Whilst I am no expert in this area, clearly he felt under pressure and perhaps the Club could have handled the situation better

Quote:
neiljk
Perhaps Peters decision not to pursue is because he feels his point is proved and he has no interest in spinning it out further.

Really?! A journalist deciding not to spin something out further when he is (in his own mind and the minds of many of his colleagues) absolutely blameless? I find that extremely difficult to believe!

Quote:
neiljk
It certainly doesnít prove he was the aggressor (the evidence suggests otherwise) or that he was the one at fault.

The video of the end of the altercation clearly shows Peters being at least as aggressive as SD, if not more so. What went on before is not on camera but if the well-documented accounts of Peters himself and others are to be believed, then clearly SD's behaviour is not to be condoned.

Quote:
neiljk
Iíve seen too much stupid behaviour at kids rugby, and whether the pro game likes it or not they set an example. That starts with not acting the fool on the sidelines.

Agree absolutely.

I suspect that this whole sorry episode stems from the tone of Peters' original article which questions SD's professionalism wrt to the treatment of injured players, with very little tangible evidence to support it. Clearly, he also dislikes SD as a person who he perceives to be no more than a bully rooted in the past. Journalists do have a responsibility to be able to substantiate their claims and SD obviously felt that Peters (serious) allegations were unfounded. There is no excuse for Diamond's alleged behaviour after the Glos game clearly, but equally I think he has a valid claim of provocation.

Whole incident is unsavoury and hopefully lessons will be learned by both parties and everyone can move on.

neiljk (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 19:08
I thought much of Peters article was a matter of record. The parts that weren't substantiated related to conversations between the bench and him in earshot of journalists. Those alleged comments are supported in tone by the comments from Mugford and the ongoing legal case. In that context Iíd say the article is reasonable, if a little personal.

Beyond that I canít see a whole load done to incite Diamond further. He tweeted during the game wrt to touchline behaviour, but again that seems fair comment. There doesnít seem to be evidence of an ongoing campaign against Diamond.

I can understand why he chose not to pursue it, expect he thought it not worth the hassle and a distraction from his real agenda on player safety.

As for his reaction at the end, I think the evidence looks clear that Diamond instigated the whole thing. He made that choice and I guess was taking his first chance to give Peters some verbals back. Peters reacts calmy up to the point Diamond swears at him and there is some kind of altercation allegedly around his dictaphone. At that point Peters becomes visibly upset (not for me aggressive but that just my opinion)and calls Diamond an ďf...ingĒ bully several times. Probably not an unreasonable response.

I guess weíll see if this has any effect on touchline behaviour. I hope it will, but I expect it wonít.

yukon (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 19:37
Quote:
neiljk
I thought much of Peters article was a matter of record. The parts that weren't substantiated related to conversations between the bench and him in earshot of journalists. Those alleged comments are supported in tone by the comments from Mugford and the ongoing legal case. In that context Iíd say the article is reasonable, if a little personal.
Beyond that I canít see a whole load done to incite Diamond further. He tweeted during the game wrt to touchline behaviour, but again that seems fair comment. There doesnít seem to be evidence of an ongoing campaign against Diamond.

I can understand why he chose not to pursue it, expect he thought it not worth the hassle and a distraction from his real agenda on player safety.

As for his reaction at the end, I think the evidence looks clear that Diamond instigated the whole thing. He made that choice and I guess was taking his first chance to give Peters some verbals back. Peters reacts calmy up to the point Diamond swears at him and there is some kind of altercation allegedly around his dictaphone. At that point Peters becomes visibly upset (not for me aggressive but that just my opinion)and calls Diamond an ďf...ingĒ bully several times. Probably not an unreasonable response.

I guess weíll see if this has any effect on touchline behaviour. I hope it will, but I expect it wonít.

Out of interest, on which team do you support/ sportsnetwork board do you usually post?

neiljk (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 19:48
Iím a Wuss fan Yukon. Is my view less valid because I donít support Sale?

Iím also not sure why who I support is relevant to Diamonds behaviour.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 20:01
Quote:
neiljk
Iím a Wuss fan Yukon. Is my view less valid because I donít support Sale?
Iím also not sure why who I support is relevant to Diamonds behaviour.

Without meaning to speak on Yukons behalf I think itís because you have just posted the most one eyed view on this whole thread even though your original post was aimed at people you viewed as one eyed.

neiljk (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 20:02
Oh I see. Playing the man and not the ball.

My view is one eyed because.....

Suggest you read back on some of the commentary.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 20:17
Your view is one eyed because.... it is. With zero knowledge or fact you have completely backed Peters and not SD. How is that not one eyed?

Donít come on to make a point and then make yourself look like a tool by doing the exact thing you accused other people of doing.

Olyy (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 20:17
Are you a 6ft3 ginger journalist by any chance?

yukon (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 20:30
Quote:
neiljk
Oh I see. Playing the man and not the ball.
My view is one eyed because.....

Suggest you read back on some of the commentary.

I was just interested, the last time we had such a biased view it was due to a hidden agenda.

neiljk (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 22:40
Ok lads fair enough. If youíre the sort of person who calls someone a tool because they disagree with you then you arenít worth debating with.

Anyway, what makes you believe I have zero knowledge. Iím as capable as you of of reading the various sources on what has or hasnít happened. Some of you seem as defensive and hostile to opposing points of view as your DoR.

Because you are Sale fans it doesnít make you intrinsically more knowledgable on what has happened. I took a view based on what I saw and read, rather than what I wanted to believe.

Iím not a big fan of either Sarries or Exeter, but have to say when I see how Rob Baxter and Alex Sanderson behave, you have to say they are great role models. I know some of Sarries recruits have previous, nonetheless those guys admitted their mistakes and served their time.

I take my kids to the rugby and I donít want it to become a place that is hostile and tribal. I really then donít want that example to be set back senior leaders. Whatever you argue about the rights and wrongs of the Peters situation, you canít surely excuse Diamonds touchline behaviour. As with Cockers at Tigers itís too much and itís not part of the game.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 07:46
Quote:
neiljk
Ok lads fair enough. If youíre the sort of person who calls someone a tool because they disagree with you then you arenít worth debating with.

I appreciate this maybe hard for you to understand but itís very clear I didnít call you a tool for disagreeing with me, I called you a tool because you came on and made a post about how one eyed we all were and then made another complexly one eyed post in the support of the other side. Disagreeing is fine and encouraged on here but posts like yours just make the poster look silly and with zero credibility.

As to your comment of us thinking we know more because we support Sale, not true I am sure we all know someone who knows a lot more than us and no body is immune to been corrected but in this case I would bet a considerable amount that I at least (and many others on here) am more connected to this than you and have more knowledge of the culture than you, but this isnít a ďhow high can you @#$%&Ē forum, we all value each otherís opinions we just donít let idiotic posts go unnoticed.

23Shark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 08:21
I think it's worth noting that neiljk was the main person commenting on the Sale forum when their team selection in the Premiership Cup was slated, clearly come across to stir things up again....

H's D (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 10:11
Chill gentlemen, NeilJK merely suggested SOME on here were hilariously one-eyed. He, chris1850 and Hyemenoptera are invaluable on this forum as by occasionally posting on here they give us an insight as to how others see us.
Something I am sure Steve Diamond and Sam Peters could both benefit from.
Pantomime laughing stock is one seasonal view. There are numerous others.

Why not just admit that one cannot defend some of Dimes' behaviours so one shouldn't attempt to do so.
He is, at best, an uncut Diamond complete with obvious flaws and sharp edges.

IMHO it's pretty preposterous trying to discredit messengers if the subject hasn't taken on-board the underlying truth, despite the repetition from several sources over the years.
As Flatman opined Dimes still occasionally needs to rein-in his Alpha Male posturings (and swearing), especially when in the public eye. He appears able to do that much of the time as a "facilitator", although the occasional anecdotes that come out of Carrington show it's still a work in progress. When he's angry much of that control goes.
Only those in daily backstage contact with him know how often/infrequent that is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 10:14 by H's D.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 10:39
Quote:
H's D
Chill gentlemen, NeilJK merely suggested SOME on here were hilariously one-eyed. He, chris1850 and Hyemenoptera are invaluable on this forum as by occasionally posting on here they give us an insight as to how others see us.

Just to be clear H'sD, I am a Sale supporter and season ticket holder, not an 'outsider'!

I am very supportive of Dimes, though I am however concerned that his alleged behaviour on occasions is inappropriate and thereby reflects poorly on the Club.

iBozz (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 10:49
Quote:
neiljk
I take my kids to the rugby and I donít want it to become a place that is hostile and tribal.

Thatís the most sensible thing that anyone has said on this thread!

Her Ladyship always felt safe and comfortable at Rugby Clubs of all levels.

Special mention should be made of Worcester, where six Wuss supporters looked after her and bought her drinks whilst without explanation I abandoned her for an hour - normally that would have been followed by six months of frosty silence but I donít think she even realised that I wasnít there; of Harlequins where we were entertained to lunch in The Debenture Holdersí dining room twice; and of Munster where the excellent glorob helped us to find suitable seats for her, bought us lunch with the Munster supporters and arranged transport between Dolanís and Thomond Park and back for her whilst we walked.

You wouldnít get that sort of comerarderie at soccer and long may this respect and help last in rugby.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 10:51 by iBozz.

H's D (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 11:02
Apologies I wasn't sure ; manifestly you have both eyes reasonably open, although, given the overall circumstance and long history, I see personally see little need for "alleged" unless talking about specifics.

JimJam350 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 13:50
Quote:
Monty9
Quote:
neiljk

I appreciate this maybe hard for you to understand but itís very clear I didnít call you a tool for disagreeing with me, I called you a tool because you came on and made a post about how one eyed we all were and then made another complexly one eyed post in the support of the other side. Disagreeing is fine and encouraged on here but posts like yours just make the poster look silly and with zero credibility.

As to your comment of us thinking we know more because we support Sale, not true I am sure we all know someone who knows a lot more than us and no body is immune to been corrected but in this case I would bet a considerable amount that I at least (and many others on here) am more connected to this than you and have more knowledge of the culture than you, but this isnít a ďhow high can you @#$%&Ē forum, we all value each otherís opinions we just donít let idiotic posts go unnoticed.

This is a truly incredible post. The irony is incredible, the hypocrisy is incredible, the pomposity is incredible, the abuse is incredible and the delusion is incredible.

Clearly you are quite an incredible person!

For the record as a neutral I reckon neiljk's comments are spot on but no doubt that makes me a "tool" as well.

It really is very easy to see why this board attracts so few posts.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 13:57
I really donīt see any hypocrisy or delusion in my post but thanks for the imput JimJam.

Iīm going to back out of comments on this subject now as the agendas of certain people will not look past their own opinions and listen to people whom actually know how our culture is and it seems pointless to try to educate those people.

Sit back and watch us continue to grow and become even more successful with many many players loving their time at Sale.

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 16:55
Crikey. This is fun!

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 17:07
It does raise an interesting subject though. The perception of Sale (and by association it's supporters) has always felt to me like we are the annoying little brother who everyone can get one over on.

We've seen before when we've had a decent run, clubs start to really dislike us (whether that's SD, the ground, Friday nights, our players, the fans). I imagine as we get better (hopefully a correlation with money spent) we will become more un popular.

Btw, is anyone looking forward to Sam peters article assessing injury rates at Premiership clubs!!!

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 17:42
Thanks H'Ds.

I love my team but love rugby more, hence I take an interest in other clubs.

I try not to have an opinion on matters i'm not close to but naturally take an interest in the life of rugby as a whole and an interest on how supporters see their own club.

FWIW I quite like Sale and find this board a fair and rugby positive place to hang out, its balanced in its views and isn't one eyed like others i could mention. I'm not a fan of Dimes at all but thats my opinion that i'll keep to myself as it'd not my issue and as with alot of things, I just take an interest generally.

As a northern club, I feel its important that you do well for rugby as a whole and I believe others feel the same and your not as disliked as you may feel.

Ripshark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 17:59
Thanks Hymenoptera, wrt other rugby supporters opinions of our northern outpost ,that's good to know.

Monty9 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 18:56
Quote:
M5 Shark
Btw, is anyone looking forward to Sam peters article assessing injury rates at Premiership clubs!!!

Do you think that article will ever come from him considering it completely contradicts his current agenda?

neiljk (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 19:35
[www.englandrugby.com]

There is already injury monitoring in place for English rugby. The report is linked but it doesnít identify individual clubs. I guess thats to preserve privacy and confidentiality and itís not stated whether individual clubs results are shared within the Premiership clubs.

From a quick look I canít find any sources of data to club level.

Iíd guess the data is available somewhere, but not for public consumption.

yukon (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 21:45
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Thanks H'Ds.
I love my team but love rugby more, hence I take an interest in other clubs.

I try not to have an opinion on matters i'm not close to but naturally take an interest in the life of rugby as a whole and an interest on how supporters see their own club.

FWIW I quite like Sale and find this board a fair and rugby positive place to hang out, its balanced in its views and isn't one eyed like others i could mention. I'm not a fan of Dimes at all but thats my opinion that i'll keep to myself as it'd not my issue and as with alot of things, I just take an interest generally.

As a northern club, I feel its important that you do well for rugby as a whole and I believe others feel the same and your not as disliked as you may feel.

Dimes is an acquired taste, I get that. The one thing Iíll say in his defence is he properly loves Sale. Unlike a lot of clubs whose DoR is a gun for hire, SD is emotionally invested in SS and he acts like a mother lion at times. Heís basically the coaching equivalent of Bakkes Botha- if heís on your side then great, if heís not you hate him.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 01:09
Quote:
Ripshark
Thanks Hymenoptera, wrt other rugby supporters opinions of our northern outpost ,that's good to know.

Iím sure that to Falcons fans Sharks are more of a midland team than northern

emerging shark (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 16:56
It does raise an interesting subject though. The perception of Sale (and by association it's supporters) has always felt to me like we are the annoying little brother who everyone can get one over on
I think you will find that we are generally a well-liked club within the rugby community.I have been following Sale for over 30 years home and away and many other supporters welcome us with open arms as iBozz alludes to. We may be seen as the rough country cousin from a small town in Cheshire, but we are well respected.
Back in the days of Heywood Road I was banned from the press box for allegedly abusing the Bath coaching team as they walked down past me just before the end of the match when we were two scores ahead. My words ' whats up lads can't stay to the end as your getting beat?' Guess who banned me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 17:03 by emerging shark.

H's D (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 17:36
I think know who.....
The irony.....(Sm13)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 17:43 by H's D.

Rubz (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 19:33
Nice to hear the stadium announcer remind everyone that bad language is not tolerated anywhere in the stadium. Do you think this includes Dimes?!

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 19:45
Watching the build up on BT, Martin Bayfield interviewed SD who gave his views about the fracas last week. What was very interesting however was that Dayglo, Monye and Charlie H all spoke very positively about Dimes. Generally, it seems that those that have played the game are largely supportive of him and his methods whilst the journos all stick together siding with Peters.

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 23:23
Quote:
neiljk
So is your DoR offering someone outside remotely acceptable? The Peters article seems to me to be a reporting on the fact, which Dimes has reinforced by his reported behaviour. Even if the reporter has had a pop, lets be fair its not a great look for Dimes.
+1

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

yukon (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 23:38
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
neiljk
So is your DoR offering someone outside remotely acceptable? The Peters article seems to me to be a reporting on the fact, which Dimes has reinforced by his reported behaviour. Even if the reporter has had a pop, lets be fair its not a great look for Dimes.
+1

You choose to interpret events as you wish but the facts are he isnít being hauled infront of the brass and his team are doing the business on the pitch.

Sound Dimes is.

H's D (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 00:04
In this day and age: No, it's not really acceptable, nor is it acceptable to take a recording device off someone, or for that matter to record someone without either asking their permission to do so or making them aware you are recording them.
It's not really even acceptable for any professional to lose their temper in the modern P.C. world. Manifestly both of them appeared to.
However there are an awful lot of "Old School" Alpha male types in professional sport.

Silverbacks do however have their place at the top of a successfull troop in any ecosystem. They just need careful handling by those immediately around them!(Sm85)(Sm6)

The only rugby coaches I can recall at Sale who did not appear to me to have had any particular Alpha Male characturistics about them were Gentleman Jim Mallinder and Tony Hanks: both very good coaches and liked by the players. As with Brian Ashton are they perceived as "too soft"?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 09:58 by H's D.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net