rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Faf re-signs until 2023
iBozz (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:10
Faf re-signs

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2018 10:54 by iBozz.

Re: Fat re-signs until 2023
Flumpty (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:19
Happy Christmas, from Sale Sharks !

cracking news.

Olyy (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:21
That new years resolution to hit the gym not working out? tongue sticking out smiley
Damned auto-correct grinning smiley

Mentioned in another thread, but for me this is the biggest signing I can think of in the clubs history.
Faf could walk into the starting 9 shirt in any club in the world (bar Munster and maybe Highlanders (Aaron Smith)) yet has signed a long term extension with us, with his current contract not yet expired.

Delighted that we get to see him keep playing for us, delighted that we get to build the backline around him, delighted that the young 9s get to learn from the best in the game, and delighted that he likes the place enough to sign on long term.

Well done to all involved in the negotiations.

RugbyMarvel (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:22
Unbelievable news. To have De Klerk from him being 26-31/32 years old means we have a world class scrum half in the prime of his career.

I truly hope this assists the permanent signings of the Du Preez brothers, and gets some of our other star players to stay on just that little bit longer.

Greats news.

maccshark (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:22
Fat fingers Ibozz?

Faftastic news, well done in retaining one of the current finest 9ís.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:23
Until 2023!

That is just awesome news

My all time Sale XV has always had Brush partnering Hodgson . I'm now considering amending my selection

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2018 10:34 by ashtonshark.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:39
Hopefully this shows our intent of being a top 4 GP team. Unfortunately, the more successful we are, the more the club will be scrutinised.

The perception (rightly or wrongly) of SS in the media and public eye is not great. Maybe we need an image/comms/PR consultant to come on board? This is a professional sport at the end of the day

MartWhit (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:42
am massively surprised and delighted by this. Its a real coup. Think a fair bit of cash went into the offer mind.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:47
Absolutely fantastic news. Well done to all involved and particularly to Dimes

Re: Faf re-signs until 2023
clutch (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:52
Ashton you could play Hodgson at 12 and Faf at 10!! They have both played there. Centre hardly our strongest area historically.

iBozz (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 10:54
Quote:
maccshark
Fat fingers Ibozz?
Faftastic news, well done in retaining one of the current finest 9ís.

My perfunct apologies to Mr F de Klerk Esquire of that Ilk, his lawyers, QCs, Attorneys and any and all other legal advisors for calling him Fat de Klerk! (Sm59)

I have paid a substantial amount in pre-emptive damages into my local coffee shopís till where I am even now consuming black coffee in penance!

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2018 11:04 by iBozz.

WiganSaler (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 11:13
Shouldn't that read bullied into re-signing?

--------------------------------------------------
Wigan "Home for the Bewildered"

Fully paid up member of the LSSSSC.
"Long Suffering Sale Sharks Supporters Club"

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 11:22
Sam Peters has turned his attention to the coach of Glossop U12's
[mobile.twitter.com]

LJK (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 11:24
The best start to the year that the club could have - well done to all involved for agreeing such a long contract, which shows real intent and will encourage other quality players to stay or sign in the next years

H's D (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 11:33
Excellent news, and a feather in the cap of Dimes.

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 13:47
What fantastic seasonal fare - two great back row contract extensions; two victories, and now Faf on a long term deal. Who needs turkey!
I am equally delighted and surprised by Fafís news - I was convinced he would be heading back to SA. Presumably he will have extensive release clauses. Just now have to find a way of not burning him out.
Great news
Hereís to a successful and prosperous New Year both for the club and all its supporters!!
Happy New Year, everyone!

45jumper (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 21:18
Magnificent news, happy new year one and all!

Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 22:04
Can I just repeat the final paragraph of my match report from the game in Bordeaux:

"Oh, one last thing: youíll have seen the rumours about Faf going to Gloucester or somewhere else or whatever. All I can say is, if you give them any credence, then you did not see the expression on his face just after the final whistle here. Heís going nowhere."

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 22:38
Quote:
Basil
Just now have to find a way of not burning him out.
To be honest, he looks the sort of player who thrives on playing.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 00:54
Quote:
Major Bloodnok
Can I just repeat the final paragraph of my match report from the game in Bordeaux:
"Oh, one last thing: youíll have seen the rumours about Faf going to Gloucester or somewhere else or whatever. All I can say is, if you give them any credence, then you did not see the expression on his face just after the final whistle here. Heís going nowhere."

Major. Genuine respect. Now, can you tell me next week's lottery numbers?!

Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 07:29
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
Major Bloodnok

Major. Genuine respect. Now, can you tell me next week's lottery numbers?!

Pi/2, e, phi, TREE(3), aleph-0

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net