rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Greenwood/Cipriani interview
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 12:05
Available as a podcast here

[www.skysports.com]

On his relationship with Dimes, he says:

"All I can talk about is the experiences I've had with Steve Diamond, and they've been positive," he said. "I learnt a lot from him, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and he runs his business in a very tight manner. He's got some financial backing and he's building a strong team at Sale.

"What I could say from my experiences was that he always made the best out of a situation, so we might not necessarily have had the names or glamour in our squad, but we'd finish in Europe three years on the bounce and overachieved. So he gave us that motivation and inspiration in that way.

Cipriani says he experienced a positive working relationship with Sale Sharks' Steve Diamond for his four years at the club

"He's an old school, tough, tough guy. Players aren't afraid of him but I think in his leadership, he would definitely find ways to drive and inspire players in a certain way. He's not oblivious to people's energy, feelings or emotions. So if he feels like someone needs a kick up the proverbial, that's his way of how he'll lead.

"But all coaches, mentors and people have that. It's a balance of trying to understand the push and the pull behind it. I've seen him put arms around players that needed it. Whether personal things or not, I've seen him do that with younger players.

"But were there times when he would have been tough? He would, because that would been his experiences and his way. He's very emotional and he cares a lot about what he does.

"You understand when an altercation happens, it's just a disagreement between two people talking and at the time, it's almost like their two egos are butting heads. Two people not seeing eye-to-eye or looking too much into things.

"But you can't ever take it too seriously in that way, and that's a lesson I've had to learn."

Re: Greenwood/Cipriani interview
ale shark (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 13:49
Thanks for posting Chris. Peters looks like a bigger clown on a daily basis. Maybe he’ll grace us with his presence tomorrow night.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 14:28
He’s such a great coach/motivator that Cipriani couldn’t wait to move away

thekeg (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 14:44
cipriani is clearly someone who likes to move around given he’s now had 4 moves. Suspect there will be a 5th in the not too distant future, so in that context stating here 4 years doesn’t suggest he was desperate to move on....

Yareet (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 14:47
Quote:
MikeGC
He’s such a great coach/motivator that Cipriani couldn’t wait to move away

Apart from when he extended his contract of course

[www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net