rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Returning from injury
Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 08:46
I think that there are a number of players on the verge of coming back and wonder whether the European and cup matches will be used to give them some game time

I think that these may include

Flynn
Neild
RJVR
AJ

Does anyone know any more or think there are any others?

Re: Returning from injury
StalyShark (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 09:11
Redpath and Moore played for the Jets recently.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 09:42
How long was Marland out for?

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 09:49
Quote:
M5 Shark

Referred to as "long-term" on BT Sport highlights.

Wasn't 6 months the prognosis shortly after the event?

PS. Here we are
www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/31221/marland-yarde-told-how-long-he-will-be-sidelined-for-after-dislocating-knee/

PS. Something wrong there, how about this?

[www.rugbypass.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2019 09:52 by ageinghoody.

Crutch (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 09:50
Byron went off with an injury and Denny was strapped up so could see Reed and or Paulo playing.

Not sure when Jennings is due back.

06 January, 2019 13:05
Is the Russian bear banned or injured or something else?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 13:11
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
His four week suspension should be over now

45jumper (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 16:31
I was thinking that the other day, Crutch. Where on earth is Jennings?! I'm sure nothing was announced about his injury, haven't heard anything about him since.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 17:01
The key players in need of a rest at some point are Harrison (obvs), Webber, John, Jono & Sam James

In that respect, we need Flynn, Nield & Tarus to be at the requisite level for them to step in for the Perpignan & Falcons (Prem CUp) games. We have enough options to spell Jono & Sam James where required.This assumes we go full gas and beat Connacht next week.

Crutch (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 17:14
Quote:
45jumper
I was thinking that the other day, Crutch. Where on earth is Jennings?! I'm sure nothing was announced about his injury, haven't heard anything about him since.

Donít know, but to be honest I now have Luke James well ahead of him in the pecking order. If Redpath is as good as people say too then Iím not sure where Jennings fits in beyond this season.

Crutch (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 17:18
Expect Faf to get a rest too.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 17:39
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
His four week suspension should be over now

There was a large Russian Bear shaped individual walking around the Trafford Centre about 6.15 on Friday night !

yukon (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 19:18
Quote:
ageinghoody
Quote:
M5 Shark

PS. Here we are
www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/31221/marland-yarde-told-how-long-he-will-be-sidelined-for-after-dislocating-knee/

[www.rugbypass.com]

They said he will hopefully be good to go at the start of pre-season, so June/ July. He suffered a truly horrific injury.

JimboFlint19 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:55
Quote:
yukon
Quote:
ageinghoody
Quote:
M5 Shark

PS. Here we are

[www.rugbypass.com]

They said he will hopefully be good to go at the start of pre-season, so June/ July. He suffered a truly horrific injury.

Yep - spoke to Marlande at the game on Friday. He said back summer, so aiming for next season.

thekeg (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:21
Quote:
Crutch
Quote:
45jumper

Donít know, but to be honest I now have Luke James well ahead of him in the pecking order. If Redpath is as good as people say too then Iím not sure where Jennings fits in beyond this season.

Yes, as much due to injury as anything else, he could be 6th in line next season. His injury issues are clearly very unfortunate, but itís impossible for the coaches to work around him being fit when he only features in about 8 games a year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net