rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

New signing at 1pm
23Shark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 11:39
[url=https://twitter.com/SaleSharksRugby/status/1082228358195408898][/url]

Looks like JCW from the photo, will be good to have two good tight heads to rotate although Joe Jones has done a decent job since he's come in.

Re: New signing at 1pm
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 12:23
Quote:
23Shark
[url=https://twitter.com/SaleSharksRugby/status/1082228358195408898][/url]
Looks like JCW from the photo, will be good to have two good tight heads to rotate although Joe Jones has done a decent job since he's come in.

Agreed. It will also be good to take someone from Wasps for a change!!

clutch (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 12:25
Not sure I agree. Jones has been battered most of the time. We struggled when John went off against Sarries. Getting away with a few. Iím sure he will improve though.

StalyShark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 13:02
Cooper-Woolley it is.

45jumper (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 13:06
Very good signing, means we have two excellent tightheads!

Marconi (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 13:12
Great signing for you guys - hope you can keep him fit. Sale shaping up very nicely for next year (and presumably more to come!).

Olyy (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 13:36
Very happy with that!

thekeg (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 14:51
Quote:
45jumper
Very good signing, means we have two excellent tightheads!

Plus I think he ties in well with Exeter appear to be looking for in props. Proficient scrummager snd very hard working around the park. Also very unlikely to be away on international duty. If we can keep him fit mist of the time then I think this is a very good signing. Hopefully another 3 or 4 tight five forwards to come....

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 15:45
Always impressed me when Iíve seen him. Good solid scrummager.
Is he EQP?

Penalty Try (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:11
At last!!!!!

Just need number 1 & 2 to go with him and give us a bench we can trust in

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thekeg (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:55
Quote:
BasilBullneck
Always impressed me when Iíve seen him. Good solid scrummager.
Is he EQP?

He must be EQP

H's D (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:02
Careful what you post penalty try. Just like a few of our current front rows, Jake has missed quite a lot games for Wasps due to injury. You are tempting fate and dissing those afflicted with injury in a highly attritional role. SS usually don't tell us if players are injured. Dimes' minimal use of the bench has multiple factors.

thekeg (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:10
I think itís fair to come to that conclusion regarding our props based on dimesís use of the bench over a number of years, itís not so much dissing the players so much as stating whatís happened. Heís tended to bring on lock/back row subs much more in comparison. I think a bit less so st hooker, but Webber is clearly the current number 1 by some distance and will always play 65-70 mins in big games. We definitely need more quality at loosehead IMO

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:43
Quote:
H's D
Careful what you post penalty try. Just like a few of our current front rows, Jake has missed quite a lot games for Wasps due to injury. You are tempting fate and dissing those afflicted with injury in a highly attritional role. SS usually don't tell us if players are injured. Dimes' minimal use of the bench has multiple factors.

Taken from the Wasps Forum:

Quote:
bald.paul.101
According to the Wasps link JCW has played 122 times over 6 years.
So if we assume he could have featured in 168 games in that time (not including play offs etc) he's actually played in 72% of games.
Whilst that's only a very rough figure, it doesn't seem that bad to me, especially for a front row player.....

If true, it is still some way behind Ross's stats I suspect!

H's D (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 18:36
I was referring to the 2016-17 season! He played in just 4 games. I somehow doubt he wasn't 'Trusted' to play.
The last season and a half he's played a lot of games and has had to nurse himself through quite a lot of games with the assistance of their physio, as mentioned by Dai Young here

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 19:09
Iím trusting the judgement of the many Sale fans who say heís an excellent signing - Iíve not seen nearly enough of him to have an informed opinion. With WGJ coming on under the tutelage of Dorian West (given his struggles against Marler, I wondered how heíd fare against Mako V and boy did he answer that in Friday night), we have two quality tight heads plus Joe Jones for further depth and development. Thatís great news for rotation and giving players Sustainable workloads.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 19:11
Incidentally, I make it that weíre now up to 6 out of the 10-12 signing/re-signings promised:

Ross
De Klerk
Beaumont
Curry x2
JCW

I wonder if the 10-12 included the du Preez family and if so, how many.

Crutch (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 19:23
Has to be at least one 2nd row signing and probably 2 if Bryn is off too. Not sure that any of the academy are ready yet to step up (assuming Nott is at 6).

thekeg (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 20:03
Quote:
Crutch
Has to be at least one 2nd row signing and probably 2 if Bryn is off too. Not sure that any of the academy are ready yet to step up (assuming Nott is at 6).

Weíve certainly not seen anything this year to suggest we can go into next year with Nott as one of our senior locks, so I agree we should expect to see two signings there

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 22:18
In his defence, heís had surgery I believe so weíve not really seen him at all. A big bummer asi thought he was primed for a good season having dealt with last seasonís injury.

If we get du Preez x3 then I believe Dan will be a lock signing.

scrum30 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 19:12
Im confidant Dimes will sign ALL 3 of the brothers!!

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 09:43
Any chance of switching the ongoing discussion to a new thread?

Every time this one is bumped I think it's a new announcement and get unnecessarily excited, swiftly followed by disappointment. (Sm55)

clutch (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 10:08
I was about to say the same thing!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net