rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Match report 19/1/19: Sale 39 USAP 10
Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 11:44
My thoughts on the game, such as it was are here.

Gonna start looking for peeps to make a few extra contributions soon. We're getting to the point where there's only one home game a month, so a bit of padding may be required.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Re: Match report 19/1/19: Sale 39 USAP 10
DaveAitch (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 12:09
Another good read, Major.

thekeg (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 12:09
I share your view on where Wilkinson is at currently, certainly wouldn’t be confident if he was on the bench in a big prem game and macginty gotbinjured eatly on. I’d pick sam James at 10 ahead of him currently and think we just need to be patient with him, using him where we can to build confidence.

Redpath on the other hand, looks like he’s ready for it. His body language is good and there were some lovely touches when he came on.

21 January, 2019 12:26
Thanks again Major - just like being there only warmer.

Btw - pub quiz setters - what does the "A" stand for in USAP. No googling now Roy.

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

romanfaithfull (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 12:47
USAP - c'est L'Union sportive arlequins Perpignan-Roussillon smiling smiley

romanfaithfull (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 12:52
BTW Major, I think your match reports are excellent. You have a brilliant, entertaining and informative writing style and I find your comments are always spot on. Thank you very much for writing them!

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 16:18
Yep, sounds about right to me!

I arrived home feeling modestly content, if not overly excited.

Which ceilidh band were you with Major? I played bass with Bilbo Baggins Barn Dance Band in the 80s and recognise your description very well,

Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 18:21
Thanks for the kind words, peeps.

ageinghoody: I played bass for a few years with Uncle Stan's Celebrated Ram Jam Ceilidh Band(*). This was mostly in the nineties until the band broke up through illness and people moving away from the area. My abiding memory is going out into a freezing, frosty car park during the interval to learn how to wring out the dishrag, because one of the guys who usually demonstrated it was absent that night.

(*) Originally just the Ram Jam Ceilidh band, but was renamed (before I joined) when, I believe, one of the founder members died.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
22 January, 2019 09:28
Pretty sure I saw the band a couple of times Major. I think our hiking group may have hired you/them on one occasion, though by the nineties I was taking a break from playing and watching less music.

Oops, o/t! Apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2019 09:29 by ageinghoody.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net