rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

another good'un commits to Sale
Flumpty (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 15:52

Re: another good'un commits to Sale
clutch (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 16:00
Yes. Spells the end for Jennings though. Another homegrown player

Flumpty (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 16:35
Quote:
clutch

Isn't that always the way with professional team sport - unless you have a squad of unlimited size and a wallet/overdraft to fund it.

Relatedish, Sale seem to like these 4/5 year contracts/extended contracts - other clubs seem to be going for 2/3 years.

Olyy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 17:15
Really happy with this,

Seeing his age written down really puts into perspective how good he's been - 19yrs old and mixing it up at the top level and not looking out of place at all amongst our various internationals.

He's going to be some talent

thekeg (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 18:50
Quote:
clutch

Not sure it spells the end in the way that signing another 12 would do, but his injuries are certainly now a major issue for him. When is he contracted till?

Barend (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 19:20
End of the season I think.

Is Jennings the one when there were rumours of an academy product leaving?

StalyShark (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 19:50
It is harsh to say so but Jenningsí level is that of the Championship. Played crash ball centre but without the bulk to go with it. Injured far too much and will be let go. Heíll go with all our best wishes to get over his crippling injuries.

thekeg (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:24
I think that when fit heís definitely premiership quality, but as it stands you canít rely on him being fit for more than about 1/4 of the games. When we operate on a small squad you canít really afford that year on year.

Where I do agree is that perhaps he hasnít got the size/physique to play the way heís been trying to. Itís always felt like he wanted to play in the style of tuitoupu and Leota who must have been an influence when he was coming through, but itís really tough on the body to play like that, I hope for sake that he just manages to get fit and play, whatever club that is with

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 23:59
Really pleased both for him and the club. Be interesting to see how the club keep JOC, SJ, LJ, RJV and Redpath (as well as possibly Jennings, but I suspect not) happy. Certainly while JOC when fit is great to watch, I do wonder how long he will be here, taking into account his injury record and his cost.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 09:31
My understanding is that Jennings wonít be re-signing.....

C3Q (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 10:12
It would be great to see Jennings helping Sale FC to get into The Championship.

clutch (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:49
I suspect he will be aiming higher than that but thatís a nice idea.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 12:01
Very pleased that Luke has signed again

thekeg (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 12:03
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
My understanding is that Jennings wonít be re-signing.....

A shame but when you consider the players coming through itís understandable

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 12:20
Good that Luke James has signed. A great prospect and still so young!

Re. Jennings. It would be a shame for him to leave but his injury record makes it almost inevitable. A change may do him good and a stint in the Championship would probably help him re-gain the confidence to have another crack at the Premiership.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 00:53
I've never felt Mark lacked confidence, though his injury record has to have had some effect. I don't think he needs to move down a level, though it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. He will be an asset anywhere if he can remain fit. I wish him well wherever he goes.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 11:57
Quote:
Olyy
Really happy with this,
Seeing his age written down really puts into perspective how good he's been - 19yrs old and mixing it up at the top level and not looking out of place at all amongst our various internationals.

He's going to be some talent
Nonsense, he is much younger! Have a look here, Sale FC
Do you think his year of birth might be incorrect?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net