rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

U20s V France
Monty9 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:42
Redpath, Dolly and Reed all start this week

[twitter.com]

[www.englandrugby.com]

Re: U20s V France
yukon (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 18:50
Our academy is doing the business again, itís really impressive.

Olyy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 19:34
Good stuff!

09 February, 2019 14:15
Final score 31 - 19 bp England

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 16:31
Some people might not know that Cameron Redpath is eligible to play for 3 countries; Scotland, England and France. Can he still switch allegiances even though he has played for England U20s? I wonder why he hasn't opted for Scotland?

ale shark (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 19:24
ES yes, he can change. Being an EQP gives you a far higher chance of a decent contract from the outset, a far more attractive proposition for more clubs. Doubt many English clubs would sign a confirmed non eqp so young over one that is eqp.

23Shark (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 21:31
With the Saxons now gone what is the team that ties you to England?

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 02:55
Looks like it still is Saxons. I can't find confirmation for 2019, but was Saxons for 2018. So far as I can tell Saxons haven't fulfilled a fixture since South Africa 2016. The union nominates their Next Senior Representative team, and can change it once per 12 months. Not sure if the nominated team actually has to play fixtures.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 13:31
Quote:
PoyntonShark
Looks like it still is Saxons. I can't find confirmation for 2019, but was Saxons for 2018. So far as I can tell Saxons haven't fulfilled a fixture since South Africa 2016. The union nominates their Next Senior Representative team, and can change it once per 12 months. Not sure if the nominated team actually has to play fixtures.

That south African tour didn't even count since the springbok 'A' team isn't their 2nd team.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 13:58
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
PoyntonShark

That south African tour didn't even count since the springbok 'A' team isn't their 2nd team.
I don't think the opposition matters.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:25
List of everyone's second designation teams
[www.world.rugby]

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 16:06
Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
PoyntonShark

I don't think the opposition matters.
The discussion was on whether an u20s game tied you to a nationality. Playing for the Saxons does count but only if they play against another team that is the next representative side for that nation. Which is why Mike Haley is still eligible for Ireland despite playing for the Saxons against the springboks 'A' team in 2016.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 16:51
Irish, you're right, of course.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:17
Surely even if you opt to play for Scotland but still live and play in England, you are still EQ? have I got this wrong. As a matter of interest, Cameron Redpath was born in Narbonne.

10 February, 2019 21:11
You're EQP if:-

You were born in England
OR you have a parent or grandparent born in England
OR you have resided in England for three (5 after end of 2020) continuous years
AND (you haven't played for another nation's first representative side OR its nominated second side OR its 7's side.)

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net