rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Well done Sale
Stopsy (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 22:15
Got my hopes up at 0-5. Well played and stuffed us as I feared on looking at the team sheets

Re: Well done Sale
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 22:49
Thanks. I know you had a lot missing and injured but I have to say I have never seen such a poor Tigers team. Frankly we weren't great tonight either but we really didn't have to be.

Crutch (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 22:54
Cheers. I know the Leicester board gets some stick on here, but the fans I heard at the game this evening were very fair and reasonable. Much better than Exeter last week.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 22:59
Quote:
Crutch
Cheers. I know the Leicester board gets some stick on here, but the fans I heard at the game this evening were very fair and reasonable. Much better than Exeter last week.

Agree with that.

clutch (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 23:25
Always liked Tigers fans. In fairness their team did ok. Poor game though.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 00:06
When i first stated coming to Sale games about 7 years ago, Tigers was always one of teh games that I really looked forwards to, as you knew that it would be one hell of a challenge to get anything from the game.

Fast forward to 2019 and that is the weakest Tigers team I have ever seen. At times, it was like watching men vs boys.

If that is a fair reflection of how far Tigers have fallen, the 2019/2020 season could be scary for them.

Crutch (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 00:22
They’ve got a load of injuries at the same time as the internationals being away so I wouldn’t get too carried away with the demise of Leicester, although certainly down on their usual expectations.

Olyy (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 06:49
23 players missing, I saw on Twitter

I mean they did win last week so it's not like they're in freefall

yukon (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 07:08
Quote:
Flumpty
When i first stated coming to Sale games about 7 years ago, Tigers was always one of teh games that I really looked forwards to, as you knew that it would be one hell of a challenge to get anything from the game.
Fast forward to 2019 and that is the weakest Tigers team I have ever seen. At times, it was like watching men vs boys.

If that is a fair reflection of how far Tigers have fallen, the 2019/2020 season could be scary for them.

Bit sensationalist that. I’ll stick my neck out and say I think Genge, George Ford, Ben Youngs, Manu & Johnny May would have changed the shoreline.

In addition, the OP has reached out to say “well done”, not “give me grief”. Fair play to him/her

Flumpty (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 07:46
Quote:
yukon
Quote:
Flumpty

Bit sensationalist that. I’ll stick my neck out and say I think Genge, George Ford, Ben Youngs, Manu & Johnny May would have changed the shoreline.

In addition, the OP has reached out to say “well done”, not “give me grief”. Fair play to him/her

fair do's - my point being that from the games vs Sale that I've watched, last nights team was a country mile away from previous years crops.
part way through the 2nd half last night, they (collectively) looked like they'd given up and were waiting for the final whistle, which is something that I'd never seen from Tigers before.
Sale on the other hand just kept pressing on harder and harder, and the addition of our young replacements only seemed to increase the pressure.

09 March, 2019 09:20
Our bench adds pace to our game - they did against Exeter last week.

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 10:03
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
Our bench adds pace to our game - they did against Exeter last week.

I thought that in both games Cameron Redpath really took advantage of his time on the pitch - he looked very comfortable and slotted in seamlessly.
If/when they're all fit, I wouldn't like the job of selecting the best mix !

09 March, 2019 10:06
ditto Langdon

There are no ants in Antarctica despite the name.

Olyy (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 11:59
Langdon has been great every time I've seen him play, really promising player

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 12:06
Langdon is a bundle of energy. Bordeaux away he was outstanding. However, his next game ( Bordeaux home) he was lost. Webber does a huge amount of work and softening up which I suspect Langdon cannot yet do, but he has played well as a “finisher” as EJ would say.

yukon (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 13:38
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
ditto Langdon

I’d say the same for Bristow too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net