rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Van Rensburg cited
Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:34
Apparently cited for striking Hoougard

Re: Van Rensburg cited
camshark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:48
Strange that nobody at the ground appeared to see the incident ? I can't remember him being penalised..
Bryce Heem also cited , but I thought that had been dealt with by the ref with a yellow card.

ale shark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:54
Phantom citings against Worcester arenít unheard of.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:59
@#$%&.....anyone who was there see anything?

StalyShark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 18:23
It was on tv, a hand off to the throat area.

dinogyro (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 18:29
Well that incident looked quite innocent to me. RJVR put his hand/arm out for a fend-off and it accidentally went near Hoougard's throat.

thekeg (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 19:32
It was looked at live as it was mentioned in the commentary. Didnít look great, he certainly connected with forearm on neck, but the 4th official decided it wasnít a penalty during the game

Olyy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 19:35
Yeah, I've seen those penalised plenty of times
Don't think it was as bad as a lot though - he raised his arm in contact and the forearm made contact, it's like he ran in charging with the forearm like Ben teo used to at Leinster

I wouldn't be surprised if he was cited but for me it wasn't a red card offence

ROLLO (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:23
It was clear in the game and Hougaard was in a spot of bother after the challenge. As we have had DuPreez out for most of the season with a broken adams apple ( accidental ) I was a touch concerned. However he continued as did the Sale player after Heems challenge so I am a bit surprised at the citings.
However I think Bryce may have played hs last game for us which will be a shame.

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 21:00
6 week ban possible, halved to 3 for first offense a probably

clutch (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 00:03
Just in the league? 6 weeks for accidental contact with the head. Would be interesting to see whatís Heem gets. Clearly worse and it was 100% luck he didnít land on his head.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net