Latest news:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.


Josh Strauss
Discussion started by Portugal shark , 15 May, 2019 16:23
Josh Strauss
Portugal shark 15 May, 2019 16:23
Hi guys! Whatís the situation with Josh Strauss?
Is he staying for next season? I think he still have 1 year left in his contract... we will have very good options on n8 next season!

Re: Josh Strauss
thekeg 15 May, 2019 16:49
It isnít clear, he came on a three year contract but that could be a two plus one. If itís a two plus one then my personal view is that the club wonít extend for the final year. Signing the DP twins suggests we have plenty of cover until February at 8, then I imagine they will be back for 20/21. As you say the issue is February to May next year, but I think we could cope with Beaumont/Ross/Moore for that period if they havenít been flogged before then. Also rumours of a loan deal for Wilson which would fit in nicely....

Re: Josh Strauss
Yareet 15 May, 2019 17:08
Quote:
thekeg
It isnít clear, he came on a three year contract but that could be a two plus one. If itís a two plus one then my personal view is that the club wonít extend for the final year. Signing the DP twins suggests we have plenty of cover until February at 8, then I imagine they will be back for 20/21. As you say the issue is February to May next year, but I think we could cope with Beaumont/Ross/Moore for that period if they havenít been flogged before then. Also rumours of a loan deal for Wilson which would fit in nicely....

Wouldnít fit *that* nicely as Wilson would presumably be with England for the 6N (although maybe not if there is a clear out after RWC 2019). Heíd be gone for whatever games are played in Feb and half of March.

Re: Josh Strauss
Olyy 15 May, 2019 17:16
Just been announced as Bowdon RUFC forwards coach (AJ as attack, Byron defence) so seems he's staying put

Re: Josh Strauss
StalyShark 15 May, 2019 17:23
Itíll be his last year then. Hope he plays better than he has this year.

Re: Josh Strauss
thekeg 15 May, 2019 17:30
Quote:
Olyy
Just been announced as Bowdon RUFC forwards coach (AJ as attack, Byron defence) so seems he's staying put

Good spot! Fair point above about 6N and Wilson too

Re: Josh Strauss
Flumpty 15 May, 2019 17:47
Quote:
Olyy
Just been announced as Bowdon RUFC forwards coach (AJ as attack, Byron defence) so seems he's staying put

thats a cracking coaching team you have !

Re: Josh Strauss
clutch 15 May, 2019 19:52
How do you know. They may be terrible coaches!!!

Think Strauss has had some good games off the bench, but struggled when starting. There was a suggestion heís a good player when things are going well, but goes missing a bit when we are up against it.

His lazy defending against Worcester seems to have put him firmly on the naughty step. Diamond has an issue with no 8s of a certain mode.

Re: Josh Strauss
ale shark 15 May, 2019 20:10
Perhaps Dimes is trying to keep him out of the Scotland World Cup squad!

Re: Josh Strauss
Flumpty 15 May, 2019 21:41
[quote clutch]How do you know. They may be terrible coaches!!!
,
Very true

Perhaps "thats potentially a cracking coaching team you have there" .

Hopefully 3 professional rugby players who have been coached at International level will make a fine addition to any clubs coaching set up (compared to good old Dave who was one hell of a (insert position here) in his day (20 years ago)


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net