rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

O/T Old iPad Problem
Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 07:33
I may just be lucky but my ageing iPad remains fully functional.
The problem is that Apple in their infinite wisdom have stopped later versions of iOS downloading, which in turn means that increasing numbers of apps are no longer available.
Is there any way around this?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: O/T Old iPad Problem
iBozz (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 08:50
Not really as far as I am aware.

Turn off automatic/background app updates and stick with the versions which do work. When updates become available then research their ability to work with you version of iOS.

A pain, I know, but it might help.

Join iPad Forums, they are pretty clued up and can no doubt give you advice. Iíve used them several times and always found a resolution.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2019 18:19 by iBozz.

Re: O/T Old iPad Problem
Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 08:52
I sort of have the same issue - however I've never had the "old apps" not working any longer - they won't update to the latest version but they still work.

I only use however a few apps and they are quite "mainstream" - Sky Sports, LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter etc., perhaps the less mainstreams one don't offer the same support to older apps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net