rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

In Memoriam - Her Ladyship (Sue) died 29/12/2007
CEintheSun (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 19:13
Our very dear friend iBozz (Roy) has asked me to let you know that Sue passed away in the night.

She was a lovely, lovely lady who dealt with her illness with great bravery and good humour.

I know many of you will want to express your condolences, I've suggested donations to the MS Society would be a good thing. Roy would like them to go to the local Stockport Branch so to make things easy if you send your donations to me (care of EP) I'll see they get to the right place.

I'm sure you will also want to join with me in saying how much Sue will be missed not only by Roy and her family but by all of us who knew her.

Edited with permission to change thread title.

"Sh*t he's got an axe" he said as he turned and ran out of the room.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 16:27 by CheadleEnder.

Re: Sad News of Mrs iBozz
Rolynhome2chester (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 19:28
Well said Anne - we had the pleasure of passing time for the first time at our final at Oxford with both Roy and his very better half. A nicer couple we couldn't have hoped to meet and she will be missed.
Our condolences to both Roy and his family.
(Sm29)

Squid (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 19:35
Roy,

Lynn and I so enjoyed it when you and Sue came to the Stoop last year. She was indeed a truly lovely lady.

Our thoughts are with you. God bless.

Iain

Basque-ing Shark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 19:45
Very, very sad news..... My deepest condolences to both Roy and his family.

29 December, 2007 19:50
Sincerest condolences and best wishes, Roy. Our thoughts are with you.

Kevin, Jane, Pat & Matt.

H's Dad.. (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 19:55
A true lady; sincere condolences to Roy.
Peter and Charlie

Inspector_Morse (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 20:17
Evening iBozz.

In your messages on here , you frequently referred to......... " her ladyship "..........says it all really.

Sincere condolences.

29 December, 2007 20:32
I feel a gaping emptiness right now. Sue was such a lovely person, it was always a joy to be in her company. She'll be sorely missed by all who were fortunate enough to know her. My condolences go out to Roy and family.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

SaleGangster (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 20:42
Sincerest condolences iBozz. I never had the pleasure of meeting her ladyship, however my thoughts are most definitely with you.

Tigger (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 21:34
I will always remember Sues smile...any time you saw her around she was smiling. Roy you are in our thoughts and hope to see you again soon and we will raise a glass of lime and lemonade.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

pitprop (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 22:59
Our condolences, Roy.

MacShark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2007 23:09
Sincere condolences Roy

Best wishes Ralph

MikeGC (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 00:22
Oh, what shocking news.
Sue seemed her usual self (cheerful in adversity) at the Tigers game only last week.
As said above, a lovely lady, now sadly missed.

Roy, condolences to you and your family.

Mike

sue b (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 01:47
What very sad news. Sue was indeed a real Lady with great dignity and gentleness of spirit. She will be missed. Our sincere condolences Roy. Graham and I are thinking of you and your family.

oracle316 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 09:42
Roy,

Mrs O and myself are both thinking of you in this sad time.

Andy

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to there own level then beat you with experience!"

Auntie Angel Shark (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 09:50
Roy, I would like to pass on, oh, I really don't know what to say, but I'm sending you a big hug for starters as my brain isn't working properly now. I can't ease the pain for you but I'd just like to say that Sue was the most genteel and charming person I have ever met, and despite great pain faced her illness head on. The Major, yourself and 'Her Ladyship' were the first three people from this board that I ever met long, long ago in Bath and great company from there on in.

More than deserving of the tite of 'Her Ladyship', Sue will be sorely missed by many.

Our thoughts are with you.

Ange and Col xx

Auntie Angel Shark
Commander-in-Chief, Sharks Imperial Bodyguard

© AAS (all posts shall remain property of the writer)

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

30 December, 2007 10:17
Deepest condolences from R+J+V+T.

Prejsť Sale žraloky
http://www.koolavatar.com/avatars/animals/animal175.jpg

Colne Shark (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 12:11
To Roy and family - our sincerest condolences. Sue was a lovely lady and she will be sorely missed by many. Love Deborah and Simon (Colne Shark)

Dave Swanton (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 12:59
Roy

sincerest condolences from Me and Carole.

Currently awaiting my Les Gray moment

MartWhit (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 13:25
|Roy,

My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Martin

Batwoman (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 13:29
Sincere condolences on the loss of a brave and gracious lady.

Jackie and Paul (Batwoman and Batman)

FrankG (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 14:12
My sincere condolences Roy.

Glossopshark (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 15:50
IBozz,

First met you and Sue away at Connacht, and briefly had other conversations.

Always a joy to talk to, a great loss to friends, family and the rugby fraternity.

Our thoughts are with you

Richard & Kirstin.
x

Lymm Shark (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 16:09
Our condolences to Roy and his family - our thoughts are with you

Ex-RAFshark (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 16:30
Truly deepest condolences. Never had the pleasure, but judging by the comments, we missed out on a treat. Nothing else I can say, but that news has rocked me today.

Paul and Sarah

Per Ardua.

RIP the 405 (21/03/12)

LPCWOOKIE (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 16:54
No words to say, but our thoughts are with you.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2007 17:17 by LPCWOOKIE.

Bluewhale (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 17:14
Quote:
lesser white
Deepest condolences from R+J+V+T.

and from me too

iBozz (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 18:45
My lover, guide, companion, friend, mentor, advisor and guide – and conscience - for around 40 years has unexpectedly, suddenly and irreplaceably been taken from me. A vast, unimaginable and unfillable void has opened in my life and I just do not know what to do.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3678/11605642714_b1a8debf02.jpg

Sue / Her Ladyship
Sunday, 21st September 1947 to Saturday, 29th December 2007
Married Saturday, 4th July 1970
Thank you so much for our life together.

I thank you all for your posts, emails and telephone calls of sympathy and I am heartened, at this dark time, that so many of you held Sue in such genuinely high regard. I value your comments greatly and I know that Sue would have been touched deeply by them all. I just hope that from somewhere she shall be reading them and recognise how you all thought of her.

Her death was sudden and staggeringly unexpected and is an enormous loss not only to myself but to Michael and Maytre, Richard and Claire and Adam and Robert, our twin grandsons now just under 11 weeks old. It is a tragedy that they only knew each other for such a short time and that Sue will not now have the privilege and pleasure of watching them grow up.

At least her death has put to an end her suffering: to the grinding 24 hour 7 day pain only partially alleviated by constant and very strong medication and for which, just over two months ago, she underwent two lots of surgery to implant an electronic neurostimulator - alas it was too early to say if that would have been successful, but early indications were not as promising as she had hoped. And an end also to the unpredictable yet inexorable progress of her Multiple Sclerosis, a prognosis that scared her but conversely increased her determination to live life as best that she could for as long as she could, always to the best of her abilities and not to give in to it.

Sue and I very much appreciated the patience and assistance of the various stewards and Club officials who looked after her and who recognised that sitting for any length of time was impossible and consequently, in contravention of “the rules”, allowed her to stand and walk about for many of the games. And we appreciated the help and understanding of both the Sale supporters and those of other clubs, home and away, who also helped look after her and made sure that she was as comfortable as possible.

As I said above, my lover, companion, friend, mentor, advisor and guide – and conscience - for around 40 years has unexpectedly, suddenly and irreplaceably been taken from me. A vast, unimaginable and unfillable void has opened in my life and I cannot conceive of a life without her.

Please now consider helping others with illneses, like Sue, by joining an internationally recognised “not for profit” medical research project run by Stanford University in California. You can read all about it at The Folding@Home website. For some time I have had an unofficial team called Swanny’s Irregulars open to all rugby supporters. If you have never Folded, have Folded and since lapsed, or currently Fold for the Default team of “0” then please please please please lend your spare computing power to this most worthwhile cause. When configuring the client suitable for your machine (downloadable from the website) just remember to add 37761 as the team number to join Swanny’s Irregulars.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2014 17:50 by iBozz.

brilin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 19:36
Our deepest condolences on the loss of her ladyship. Brian & Linda

30 December, 2007 20:33
Roy, the sincerest condolences from Rosemary and myself.

Joe90 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 20:51
Our sincerest condolences Roy. I can't think of what what to say on our behalf other than she will be missed by many, many people.

All the very best best to you and your family at this terribly sad time. Joe, Ginny and Rosie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2007 10:59 by Joe90.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 22:05
God Bless you iBozz, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all who held your beloved wife dear.

Rosie Girl (IP Logged)
30 December, 2007 23:19
So sorry to hear the news. God be with you at this time.

michele and michael

glorob (IP Logged)
31 December, 2007 09:55
Very sorry to hear the sad news of Sue's death.

I had the pleasure of sharing Her Ladyship's and Roy's company at a pre-match lunch prior to our (Munster) game with Sale in Thomond Park in January 2006 and have fond memories of that day.

May she rest in peace.

Cornerball (IP Logged)
31 December, 2007 14:30
Very sorry and shocked to hear this news.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Although I only met her a few times, Sue was one of those people who I would describe as truely brave - someone who live their life to the full in the face of adversity.

01 January, 2008 22:26
May i also add my condolences.

I only met Sue once, a couple of years ago at a medieval event in Tewkesbury, where she graciously allowed me to waffle on at length about my hobby.

A very pleasant & friendly person she was too.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
02 January, 2008 07:26
Deepest condolences Roy.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

Mozzer (IP Logged)
02 January, 2008 08:55
Roy, my sincere condolences to you. Words on a screen seem trite in such circumstances, however I hope you can find some comfort with your family at this most difficult of times.

iBozz (IP Logged)
02 January, 2008 10:07
PSA is a true Gentleman.

He put up with me bending his ear in Bramhall on Monday and he already knew about Sue.

She would have been so thrilled to know that he cared.

And thank you all for your very kind thoughts. I am still in a state of total and utter shock and I still keep hoping to awake from this unbearable nightmare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 10:08 by iBozz.

Prop at Work (IP Logged)
02 January, 2008 16:54
Please accept my sincere condolences, Roy. We never met, but it is obvious how much you and Sue meant to each other. It will be hard but in time it will get easier. Enjoy the memories when you can.

iBozz (IP Logged)
23 January, 2008 14:27
I would like to pass on not only my own thanks, but those of all the family, for the very kind words and sentiments expressed to each of us, either above, by PM, by telephone, letter, card, text, email, in person or otherwise on the sudden, totally unexpected and tragic loss of Sue, aka Her Ladyship.

Each of the family very much appreciate all the offers of help, and actual help given, by all of Sue’s friends, especially from the wonderful rugby community. CheadleEnder deserves special mention in this regard - without her willing ear, I would have been even more lost than I actually was.

We would like to offer thanks all those who came to the Funeral Service last Thursday at Altrincham Crematorium and afterwards and also to those who expressed a wish to come but were for various reasons unable to make it.

Sue would have been deeply proud of the large number who came to say their farewells, I understand that there was standing room only for many people. A very gratifying number were also able to come back to share reminiscences, food and drinks afterwards. Your attendance will have pleased Sue as it indeed did myself, the family and her other friends.

I would also like to thank all those who have made, or would like to make, donations in Sue’s honour and memory, to The Stockport Multiple Sclerosis Society, whether to the Club by PayPal or by cash or cheque direct to the Society Treasurer, to the Funeral Director or otherwise. Your generosity is very much appreciated.

I would also like to thank Swanny for, in his regular programme column "News and Views”, remembering Sue in the Petrarca Padova edition:

Quote:
SUE WADSWORTH
I was saddened to hear about the death of Sue Wadsworth over the Christmas Holidays. Sue was a lovely lady and a true Sale Sharks fan. She will be sadly missed by us all.

Thanks must also go to Neil Thallon, President of Sale Football Club at Heywood Road, and the Committee, who arranged to fly the Club flag at half mast during last Saturday’s 1st XV home game against Wirral. The gesture was very much appreciated and would have made Sue immensely proud.

They too mentioned her in the match day programme:

Quote:
We regret to announce the death of two club members, Mr T Swindell and Mrs S Wadsworth, both of whom passed away this winter. We offer our condolences to members of both families.

You have no idea what strength I have gained from the way in which Sale fans, both at Edgeley Park and Heywood Road, have rallied round and offered support, comfort and advice to me during this very difficult time.

The pain will probably lessen slowly with time, but it will never ever go away.

I loved her dearly and shall always do so. Forever.

Thank you one and all from the bottom of my heart.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

iBozz (IP Logged)
24 June, 2008 20:26
For those who have been asking we have today at last had the final inquest into Sue's / Her Ladyship's death and the official verdict, as I expected, was that it was an accidental death. The Coroner also confirmed more specific details which again accorded with my own theory.

Thanks to all who have helped to look after me in various ways since that terrible night and special thanks to CheadleEnder who took the time to support me and the family at today's inquest.

If I should die and leave you here awhile,
Be not like others, sore and undone,
Who keep long vigils by the silent dust, and weep.

For my sake turn again to life and smile
Nerving thy heart and trembling hand to do
Something to comfort other hearts than thine.

Complete those dear unfinished tasks of mine
And I, perchance, may therein comfort you.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Auntie Angel Shark (IP Logged)
24 June, 2008 20:32
God bless you Roy, and may he look after Her Ladyship until you're ready to do it yourself.

You might even be able to cook by then... mind you, you'll be in the Guinness Book of Records too for being the world's oldest cook, aged 158.

Auntie Angel Shark
Commander-in-Chief, Sharks Imperial Bodyguard

© AAS (all posts shall remain property of the writer)

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

25 June, 2008 07:36
See you tonight Roy. Let the good air blow away all the recent bad times.

Dave Swanton (IP Logged)
25 June, 2008 07:44
Take care Roy and rest assured you have plenty of friends at Sale Sharks.

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2008 00:11
Exactly a year ago - R-i-P.

Remember - Christina Rossetti

Remember me when I am gone away,
gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.

Remember me when no more day by day
you tell me of the future that you planned;
Only remember me; you understand
it will be late to counsel then or pray.

Yet, if you should forget me for a while
and afterwards, remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
a vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
better by far you should forget and smile
than that you should remember and be sad.

Miss me, but let me go - Anon

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little - but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me - but let me go

For this is a journey that we must all take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely, and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me - but let me go!

">Do not go gentle into that good night – Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/12/2010 20:53 by iBozz.

Basque-ing Shark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2008 01:30
God bless you Roy.... Remember all the good times!

Take care!

yukon (IP Logged)
29 December, 2008 10:38
All the best Roy

29 December, 2008 13:42
Thinking of you today especially iBozz XX (Sm29)

Ro of Rolynhome2

29 December, 2008 16:14
We're all thinking about you today - with much love Roy.

(Sm30) BTLT

RosieSS's Mum (IP Logged)
29 December, 2008 16:44
We've been thinking of you today Roy, x

LOUD Shark (IP Logged)
30 December, 2008 09:20
Thinking of you.
Take it easy
Love Jo x

Don't take life too seriously? After all, no one gets out alive!

Rosie Girl (IP Logged)
30 December, 2008 20:28
Our thoughts are with you iBozz, albeit a day late.

Michele and Michael
xx

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/elefant.gif

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2009 00:17
Exactly two long years that never seem to get much easier. R-i-P.

Lo! Some we loved, the loveliest and best
That Time and Fate of all their Vintage prest,
Have drunk their Cup a Round or two before,
And one by one crept silently to Rest.

Translated by Edward FitzGerald

Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not soe,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill mee.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.

Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better than thy stroake; why swell'st thou then?

One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

~John Donne

The dead they sleep a long, long sleep;
The dead they rest, and their rest is deep;
The dead have peace, but the living weep.

~ Samuel Hoffenstein

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.

~ Christina Rossetti

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2009 00:18 by iBozz.

29 December, 2009 09:44
First time in the UK at this time for some years so this is for Sue & Roy :-
Remember Me

yukon (IP Logged)
29 December, 2009 09:54
All the best Roy

29 December, 2009 10:45
Are thoughts are with you today Roy.

Lynn & Robin

Ro of Rolynhome2

MartWhit (IP Logged)
29 December, 2009 11:03
all the best Roy. My thoughts are with you.

Martin

CEintheSun (IP Logged)
29 December, 2009 17:03
Still much missed by her friends.

Also in our memories Nigel Payne (Shark of Kent) and John Rigby (Riggers the beer).

Fond memories.

Davenport Sharky (IP Logged)
29 December, 2009 17:08
Thoughts are with you iBozz.

Dave Swanton (IP Logged)
29 December, 2009 17:55
Lovely lady, sadly missed

Re: In Memoriam - Her Ladyship (Sue) died 29/12/2007
iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2010 00:06
Three long years ago today I lost the bravest person I ever knew, or will ever know.

Sue’s courage and determination to carry on as normal and to never give in, sometimes bordering on stubbornness, was a state of mind to which I can aspire but which I will never be able to achieve.

Rest in Peace.

">And death shall have no dominion – Dylan Thomas

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead mean naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;

Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;

No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Though they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

But Not Forgotten - Dorothy Parker

I think no matter where you stray,
That I shall go with you a way.
Though you may wander sweeter lands,
You will not forget my hands,
Nor yet the way I held my head
Nor the tremulous things I said.
You will still see me, small and white
And smiling, in the secret night,
And feel my arms about you when
The day comes fluttering back again.
I think, no matter where you be,
You'll hold me in your memory
And keep my image there without me,
By telling later loves about me.

She is Gone – David Harkins

You can shed tears that she is gone,
Or you can smile because she lived,
You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love that you shared,
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she is gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on,
You can cry and close your mind be empty and turn your back,
Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2010 09:05 by iBozz.

yukon (IP Logged)
29 December, 2010 06:37
Best wishes Roy

CEintheSun (IP Logged)
29 December, 2010 09:47
Still sorely missed by those who knew her. RIP Sue.

29 December, 2010 10:29
All our absent friends are sorely missed.

We are all the worse off for their absence.

29 December, 2010 14:57
Thoughts are with you Roy

Stopsy (IP Logged)
29 December, 2010 15:37
God bless you Roy, my thoughts are with you.

Colne Shark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2010 16:38
All the best Roy

29 December, 2010 21:59
Best wishes Roy. Where does the time go?

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 15:54
Four long years ago today.

Just as you were, you will always be

This brings a special thank you
For the things you've done for me
The times when you were patient
When you didn't have to be
For the days that you made brighter
With the sunshine of your smile,
The words of warm encouragement
That made each dream worthwhile
And while I've left out many things
For which my thanks are due
These things are always in my heart
Next to my love for you

They say there is a reason
They say that time will heal
But neither time nor reason
Will change the way we feel
For no-one knows the heartache
That lies behind our smiles
No-one knows how many times
We have broken down and cried
We want to tell you something
So there won't be any doubt
You're so wonderful to think of
But so hard to be without

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 16:19
I hope I'm not intruding on your personal space Roy. Just to say my thoughts are with you even though I never knew Sue (also my wife's name incidentally), but the time and effort you put in to your various voluntary projects is a fine tribute to her memory.

29 December, 2011 18:21
Thoughts are with you Roy. Difficult day I am sure but you are never alone.

29 December, 2011 19:19
I thought of you both today while singing an old carol in Hathersage.

"Christ is born to share with us, dark and grief and danger.
Heaven's deep, lies asleep, in the common manger"*

The kindliest of presences, very much missed.

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 00:17
Five long years and still it hurts.

The moment that you died
my heart was torn in two,
one side filled with heartache,
the other died with you.
I often lie awake at night,
when the world is fast asleep,
and take a walk down memory lane,
with tears upon my cheeks.
Remembering you is easy,
I do it everyday,
but missing you is heartache
that never goes away.
I hold you tightly within my heart
and there you will remain.

Right now I'm in a different place
And though we seem apart
I'm closer than I ever was
... I'm there inside your heart

I'm with you when you greet each day
And while the sun shines bright
I'm there to share the sunsets, too
... I'm with you every night

I'm with you when the times are good
To share a laugh or two,
And if a tear should start to fall
... I'll still be there for you

And when that day arrives
That we no longer are apart,
I'll smile and hold you close to me
... Forever in my heart

mako (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 00:26
Warm memories of a very lovely lady.

Sale Rugby - from 1861
A BIG name through the years

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 07:34
Thinking of you today Roy.

Cornerball (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 09:25
Puts rugby into perspective. Thinking of you both today.

CEintheSun (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 16:13
Still very much missed. Thinking of you Roy.

Toothless Shark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 23:21
To put a different slant on it, I never knew Her Ladyship or indeed do not know Roy (although we stand close in South stand); but she can continue to be proud of him.Salutations to both

Woodley2 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 23:24
Roy, many condolonces from the Woodley clan.

WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
07 April, 2013 06:03
My condolences too dear Roy.

Derek

(also known as William Blessing)

[williamblessing.blogspot.co.uk]

OLoingseach (IP Logged)
08 November, 2013 20:07
iBozz, my wife also sadly passed away recently from MS. A truly horrible disease which she bore bravely for a number of years.

Chris

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2013 00:09
Six years - sometimes it seems like yesterday, sometimes a lifetime ago.

They say there is a reason
They say that time will heal
But neither time nor reason
Will change the way we feel
For no-one knows the heartache
That lies behind our smiles
No-one knows how many times
We have broken down and cried
We want to tell you something
So there won't be any doubt
You're so wonderful to think of
But so hard to be without

You've just walked on ahead of me
And I've got to understand
You must release the ones you love
And let go of their hand
I try and cope the best I can
But I'm missing you so much
If only I could see you
And once more feel your touch
Yes, you've just walked on ahead of me
Don't worry I'll be fine
But now and then I swear I feel
Your hand slip into mine

This brings a special thank you
For the things you've done for me
The times when you were patient
When you didn't have to be
For the days that you made brighter
With the sunshine of your smile,
The words of warm encouragement
That made each dream worthwhile
And while I've left out many things
For which my thanks are due
These things are always in my heart
Next to my love for you

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3678/11605642714_b1a8debf02.jpg

mako (IP Logged)
29 December, 2013 07:57
Warm memories of a very lovely lady.

Sale Rugby - from 1861

SB14 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2013 17:11
Thinking of you Ibozz - your words brought tears to my eyes.

29 December, 2013 19:05
Thinking about you Roy.

H's D (IP Logged)
29 December, 2013 20:08
Lovely poem, Roy.

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2014 00:00
Seven years today and you should be here.

It seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago.

Days

Written by Ray Davies, performed by Kirsty McColl

Thank you for the days
Those endless days, those sacred days, you gave me
I'm thinking of the days
I won't forget a single day, believe me

I bless the light
I bless the light that lights on you, believe me
And though you're gone
You're with me every single day, believe me

Days, I'll remember all my life
Days, when you can't see wrong from right
You took my life
But then I knew that very soon, you'd leave me
But it's alright
Now I'm not frightened of this world, believe me

I wish today, could be tomorrow
The night is long
It just brings sorrow, let it wait

Thank you for the days
I'm thinking of the days

Days I'll remember all my life
Days when you can't see wrong from right
You took my life
But then I knew that very soon, you'd leave me
But it's alright
Now I'm not frightened of this world, believe me

Days, thank you for the days
I'm thinking of the days

I bless the light
I bless the light that shines on you, believe me
And though you're gone
You're with me every single day, believe me

Days

Somewhere Only We Know

Written by Tim Rice Oxley, performed by Lily Allen

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting tired and I need someone to rely on

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?

I'm getting old and I need something to rely on

And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything,
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know?

I'm getting old and I need someone to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
'Cause this could be the end of everything,
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know?

mako (IP Logged)
29 December, 2014 09:18
A lovely lady, sadly struck down by illness but who had the great joy of being very much loved.

Sale Rugby - from 1861

29 December, 2014 09:50
Thinking of you today Roy, take care my friend and don't forget to keep me on my toes in 2015(Sm151)

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2015 00:04
Eight long years, and it doesn't really get any easier no matter how much I hope that it will.

When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not there to see;
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me,

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me
As much as I love you;
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.

When tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here in your heart.

29 December, 2015 07:34
Take care today Roy, you are never alone. It was a pleasure to meet you for the first time recently and I can assure you that you have the support of so many people on here who understand your love and grief.

mako (IP Logged)
29 December, 2015 08:47
Very well put Davenport. Agreed.

Sale Rugby - from 1861

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2015 10:44
A pleasure to meet you too, DS.

I'm sure there are many supporters to whom I talk face to face without knowing who they are on here. Sad really, but that's the downside of the interwebbything..

29 December, 2015 23:07
we're a long way away physically but close to you today as always you're in our thoughts.

Bless as they say here.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2016 00:10
Nine years and still no easier.

Death changes everything
Time changes nothing …

I still miss the sound of your voice,
the wisdom of your advice,
the stories of your life
and just being in your presence.

So, no, time changes nothing,
I miss you as much today
as I did the day you died.

I just miss you.

The moment that you left me,
my heart was split in two.
One side was filled with memories
the other side died with you.

I often lie awake at night
when the world is fast asleep
and take a walk down memory lane
with tears upon my cheek.

Remembering you is easy,
I do it every day
but missing you is a heartache
that never goes away.

I hold you tightly within my heart
and there you will remain.
You see, life has gone on without you,
but will never be the same.

Authors unknown.

LJK (IP Logged)
29 December, 2016 10:24
Lovely poem Roy. Thinking of you today and hope to speak to you soon

29 December, 2016 12:37
Our thoughts are with you today Roy. We may be far away but Sue and you are always with us. (Sm115)

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

29 December, 2016 19:55
Thinking of you today Roy, take care

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net